EIGHT

Sometimes You Can Go Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October

 

"Why is it so hot today! I am melting!"

"It's October for goodness sakes!"

"This is New Orleans you bound to have every season in one day living here." Momma says.

"I forgot about that remember this is the first Fall season that I have been home in a long time."

"I am used to falls in France and New York; they tend to be a little bit cooler."

"I would already be wearing sweater and here I am in a tank top and shorts."

"Not that I am complaining it's just weird to me is all."

We are the restaurant preparing all the Halloween orders and catering events.

I came home because of the amount of catering jobs they got, and I did not want mom to be overwhelmed.

I will never ever complain about being successful and when they need me, I always try my best to be here.

Mom comes in two times a week to do the books and payroll.

Truthfully, the place is running like a well-oiled machine, and I have only had to come home four times in the last five months.

I had to hire a staff just for catering and events, so we converted some space in the back of the main kitchen for their offices.

"How is Josh doing?"

"He is good, working hard as usual."

"He is actually in Seoul right now he and Terry."

"Yeah, I heard that Terry moved up there too."

"Yeah, he and Josh share a place for the time being."

"Terry is not in a rush to find anything I mean I wouldn't either Josh lives in a penthouse for flipping sake!"

"To be honest mom Terry is after Madison and I think she has alot to do with his move."

"What the notorious bachelor has been caught? She asks shocked.

"I know right but she has doubts because he's Asian."

"Oh." Mom says.

"I know."

Mom comes over and sits down and looks at me.

"Tell me more about his place, tell me what it looks like on the inside."

"Mom it looks like it should be in a magazine!"

"There are four master suites each with its own huge bathroom and walk in closet."

"Plus, he has a bathroom next to the foyer for guests and it's bigger than my whole apartment."

"So, you go there often?"

"As often as my schedule allows, I do have my own things going on."

"Of course, and how does he feel about that?"

"If it were up to him, we would have been married weeks ago." I chuckle.

"No doubt that boy is not one to waste any time, is he?"

"No ma'am he keeps asking but I have been dragging my feet."

"Why baby that is not like you."

"Well for one it's only been five months since we actually became a couple."

"I could see if a year had been but I just don't know."

"Let me ask you this then, are you in love with him?"

"Yes."

"Do you see a future and children with him?"

"I do." I say quietly.

"Well...

"I get it mom; I get it the truth is I am scared to death."

"I do not want to get hurt."

"Do you think he would hurt you?"

"Not intentionally but look what happened before."

"Baby that was a long time ago and I know for a fact that Josh would not put himself in a position like that again."

"I feel like you are safe with him and frankly I have always thought of him as my son in law."

"I know you have."

"So, stop dragging your feet I mean you just turned 37 your eggs ain't going to be good to much longer and I want some grand babies you hear me!!"

I burst out laughing and pop her on her arm playfully.

"Momma you are a mess!" We both dissolve in a fit a laugher as Aunt Sylvia walks in.

"You just now knowing your momma is a mess?" She asks me smiling.

"Well if I am a mess, I get it from you big sis."

She taps her on her as she walks by heading to the office.

"And don't you forget it." She winks at us, and we crack up all over aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter