ELEVEN

Sometimes You Can Go Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The new year came and went and suddenly it was February.

We purchased the condo I rented last year, and Josh and I will be living here whenever we come home.

Unbeknownst to me he had already purchased the two adjoining units with plans to expand and make it one large apartment big enough for our families to visit and stay over if needed.

He is so extra talking about we need all the rooms for the small football team we will be having!

I was like...

"Um sir and I am 37 years old and who's will be birthing these little quarterbacks you’re speaking of because my uterus has informed me, she ain't going!"

He roared with laughter at that, but I am so serious!

My wedding day was four days away and the mothers were making last minute preparations for the big day.

Of course, me asking for something intimate with just the family was out of the question.

Mom rented the Destrehan Plantation, and our restaurant and bakery will be catering.

Since I literally did nothing but show up to my dress fitting and scheduled events, I felt so bad.

"Momma you got to let me do something?" I feel bad you and Mrs. Eileen are doing everything."

"Baby girl you know I have been planning your wedding since you were twelve all I had to do really is just pay for everything."

"You already got your something blue and borrowed because you’re wearing my sapphire jewels, your dress is covered and between all the gifts Josh and his family have given you got something new."

I sighed as she walked out of my bedroom and back into the kitchen.

"I know what you can do. She came back in the room so quick she startled me."

I yelped and grabbed my chest.

"Momma you scared me!"

"Oh, sorry baby girl, as I was saying you can go pick out gifts for your bridesmaids and the in laws."

"Oh, that is a great idea." I hopped up to go shower and get dressed ideas already forming in my head.

Mom turned to walk out.

"Oh, and mom?"

"Yes?"

"I am making my own wedding cake and Josh's groom's cake."

"Now honey that is why we hired Corrine she is more than qualified."

"I agree but I have always wanted to make my own wedding cake."

"Besides, I already submitted the design to Corrine I just thought I would let you know as a courtesy."

"Can I ask what flavors it will be at least?" She asked.

"Coconut cake with caramelized pineapple filling, vanilla bean cake with fresh strawberries for filling, lemon cake with lemon curd filling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter