FIVE

Sometimes You Can Go Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up at 4 am on the dot.

"Shoot! Why can't I sleep?" I turn over and look at the clock like it's the enemy.

I lay there for 15 minutes willing sleep to fall on me but no! I was wide awake.

I sigh dramatically and punch the air.

Finally I give up on trying to sleep and say my prayers.

Feeling refreshed and energized after that much needed prayer I make up my bed and go to the closet to see what I will wear today.

I don't have to be at the restaurant until 11 o'clock but I will prabably get there at 10 to help momma with the decorating.

We aren't set to open until noon so we have plenty of time to get things done and hang out with the staff.

I have to say I love them, everyone of them comes with great references and so far they have worked really hard and I am so thankful.

I have an outfit in mind for today but the question is do I want to go all out glam or wear my signature chef jacket, black cotton pants and clogs.

Mmmm decisions decisions.

I pull out the beautiful red vintage dress I purchased on a whim 3 years ago and have yet to wear it.

I pull it out of the plastic and run my fingers across the fabric, it's so beautiful.

I lay it on the bed and go grab the red Jimmy Choo sandals I got at last years wrap party.

I pull the lid off and look at the gorgeous shoes and sigh. I have been scared to wear them because they cost a small fortune.

Not that I paid for them mind you but still.

They have a bow that goes aross the toes and tie at the ankles.

They are sky high and gorgeous.

I lay them on the bed next my dress and the result is va va voom!

Do I dare wear this? I know momma would approve.

I pull out my old staple and lay them next to the red dress and do pros and cons.

I'd be way more comfortable in the chef jacket and clogs but I could always bring along some flats.

I hold the red dress up and look in the full length mirror.

"It shole is a purty thing isn't she?" I giggle at my silliness.

It's settled I wearing the va va voom dress and I will just make sure I bring along some ballet slippers.

I put my uniform back in and go to find something to eat I am starved all of a sudden.

After a serving of leftover lasgana I actually fell back to sleep!

What is it about carbs that put you in a coma?

I wake up freaked out because I am for sure going to be late now!

I look at the clock and it's a quarter to 7.

Wow how did I fall back asleep and still manage to wake up with time to spare.

I will not question this gift and just accept it.

I brush my teeth, wash my face and hair and apply a deep conditioning mask.

I make a luxurious bath using my favorite bath bomb from Lush Cosmetics.

I wash and then soak until my skin prunes.

I rinse and detangle my hair and get out.

I take my time moisterizing my sking using my favorite scented oil by Shea Moisture.

I grab a cute red matching set of underwear and quickly put them on.

Everything I wear will be red today from head to toe.

I still have to blow out my hair so I just put on a robe and sit at the dressing table.

Two hours later my hair blow dryed, tied and layed to side like the old folks say.

I used my biggest curling iron to get large lose curls then my fingers to seperate them and pin it up on the side with comb that matches my earrings.

I put on full makeup and topped it off with a beautiful red lipstick that matches my dress perfectly.

I put the dress on carefully, slide on the heels and look at myself in the mirror.

As finishing touches I put on the diamond necklace and earrings momma gave me many years ago.

They still look radiant and beautiful after all diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Wow! I look pretty good if I say so myself my thighs still touch but hey we all can't look like Beyonce.

I slide off the heels and put on the flats I know there is no way I will be able to wear them the whole time so to save my feet I will slip them on right at the opening.

I quickly put them into a tote and gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter