FOURTEEN

Sometimes You Can Go Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue:

2 years later:

 

Well, we managed to be married a whole year and a half before I got pregnant much to the delight of everyone.

Joshua is so excited and literally spoils me to pieces.

I can barely get myself a glass of ice water!

We found out two weeks ago that I am having twins a boy and a girl and Josh has been walking around on cloud 9 ever since.

At first, I was scared to death but then I was relieved because I am 39 and now, he will have a son and daughter in one fell swoop.

If we don't have any more, we have one of each, so we are good.

Thank you God another miracle.

And of course, we will have so much help it is ridiculous.

We have settled into our new home in Harlem.

We purchased a huge old brownstone building and remolded the whole thing turning it into a 6 bedroom 5- and 1/2-bathroom home.

It has fully finished basement mancave area and the attic is redone with a guest bedroom suite and storage space.

The backyard is spacious, and we have a full outdoor kitchen, patio, and hot tub.

We also added a connected 2 car garage ask me how? On a brownstone too!

My husband and his cousin Terry will make it happen I tell you.

Josh still owns the penthouse, and we stay there from time to time, but it is mostly being used by his and Terry's parents when they come to New York.

And of course, we still have our place in New Orleans.

Construction was complete on it 9 months ago and I cannot even begin to explain how beautiful it is.

Josh says we will buy a home in Seoul next and that will be fun for sure.

We still go to Manhattan every weekend and stay with Terrance and Madison.

They got married four months ago and I couldn't be more thrilled.

They live in the penthouse upstairs and are already working on filling it up with kids.

When I tell you I am shocked I am shocked.

My beautiful friend who basically was a black version of Carrie Bradshaw is all domesticated and has baby fever.

I really wouldn't be surprised if she got pregnant soon and our children are born close together.

That would be great right, they would be instant best friends just like she and I were.

I kept my apartment and Sammy who is a freshman at NYU lives there.

Mom, Aunt Sylvia, the kids, and Amanda stay there when they come to town.

Yes, Amanda has been out of jail for about ten months, and she is doing well.

She got her bachelor's degree through an accelerated program while in jail and is now enrolled at UNO to get her MBA.

She got a job working at the Hilton in downtown New Orleans as a front desk clerk and has already been promoted to a management position.

She wants to be hotel manager in a few years and at the rate she is going she will succeed.

She is working on her relationship with her children and she and Sammy talk every day.

Mom said she is doing beautifully, and I am so happy to hear that.

Sometimes mom will still come here by us and visit but mom believes in giving couples their space, so she doesn't like to stay over too much.

Much to my dismay because I love having her here.

"Baby I don't want to wear out my welcome."

"What if my son in law comes home and wants to take you in the doorway you can't have your momma cramping your style now."

She looked at Josh and winked and he burst out laughing.

She said it so calm, and matter of fact and I about died on the spot.

"Mom! Oh my gosh you are so embarrassing!"

I look at Josh and this head is rolling laughing.

Josh of course was tickled he loves my mom's personality.

I just shake my head at them both.

"Oh my God Aunt Becky you are too much!" Samantha howls in laughter.

"Sammy cover your ears!" I say seriously and she rolls her eyes.

"Ana I am 19 and I will be 20 in two weeks I know all about we took a class in school."

"Still." I say and cover her ears myself only to have the three of them fall out laughing at me.

Every day I get bigger and bigger and now I can't see my feet.

I am starting to feel like an alien in my body and miserable.

Don't get me wrong I am happy but just feeling very tired and lethargic as of late.

I am going to into my 8th month of pregnancy and I am oooglay!

Not ugly but oooglay!

Of course, Joshua thinks I'm beautiful no matter what and tries to make love to me every chance he gets.

"They say adult time is good and it can make the babies come too." He says wiggling his eyebrows.

"You are too much!" I say laughing at him."

He takes my swollen feet and begins rubbing them and my legs with cream.

Something he does every night after my shower.

He rubs me down with cocoa butter from head to toe concentrating on my stomach and sides.

"For the stretch marks." He says.

Then he takes this cream his mother brought me from Korea and literally slathers it all over me and rubs in.

And I tell you that stuff is a miracle, and it sme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter