TWELVE

Sometimes You Can Go Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Four days later:

 

We were married on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

The weather was perfect not too humid or hot exactly right.

The ceremony took place on the veranda overlooking gorgeous Lake Ponchatrain.

The air smelled sweet and fragrant with the heady scent of gardenias, camelias and hibiscus.

The atmosphere was perfect, and I couldn't have prayed for a more perfect day to become Mrs. Joshua Lee.

One of my cake decorators Jameson has a YouTube page where she does hair and makeup tutorials and I hired her and her assistant to do our hair and makeup.

My final look left me breathless and stunned.

She styled my hair in retro waves that cascaded down my back to my shoulder blades.

For makeup, a dramatic eye and red lipstick to match my toes and fingernails.

My mother found a gorgeous vintage cap and sewed on a small lace veil that covered the side of my face.

Madison gifted me with a stunning pair white peep toe heels that tie at the ankle.

She found them at the local thrift store! Can you believe it?

"I was just browsing and came across these babies and thought these are Ana's wedding shoes!" She squealed.

She gave them to me three days ago and she could not have been more right.

Looking at myself in the full-length mirror you would never know that some of the ensemble pieces were purchased over fifty years apart.

"Is this really me?" I keep gulping and taking deep breaths thoroughly shocked at my reflection.

"It sure is princess!" Momma gushes walking over and hugging me from the side.

I smile at her.

She looks stunning in her blush jacket dress and matching six-inch pumps.

Yes, you heard right my 65-year-old mother is wearing six-inch heels and she walks fast in them too.

She touches the pearls I gave her and smiles at her reflection.

"You sure have great taste baby I love these so much."

I squeeze her waist and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"If I, do I get it from you."

"You know how to flatter me don't you."

I crack up and turn to Jameson and her assistant Malorie who is putting the finishing touches on Sammy.

"Jameson! Girl! Not you’re not only a slamming pastry chef and cake decorator but you are a makeup guru!"

"And Malorie you whipped our hair like there is no tomorrow!"

They both blush "Aww thank you so much Ana we are just happy we could be of help on your big day."

"Yes, Ana thank you so much I can pay my student loan for the rest of the year with what you paid me." Malorie adds.

We all crack up.

"Girls you both are the bomb.com."

Maddy says walking up looking like and African queen with her dreadlocks done up in and exquisite twisted updo.

She is wearing a blush pink sleeveless sheath dress that shows off her toned, muscular arms and hugs every curve.

A y pair of gold strappy stiletto sandals and the jewelry I gave her complete the stunning look.

Terrance is going to pass out when he sees her.

"We need to hire them to do your hair and makeup for the show and I am so serious." She added.

"You know what that is not a bad idea, I haven't looked this good since Jr. prom."

"You lie!" Momma says and we all laugh.

"You are clearly biased momma."

"She is naturally beautiful, so I agree with you Sylvia." Mrs. Eileen adds walking into the room.

"You are biased Mrs. Eileen as well."

"I told you to call me umma." She says putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes ma'am, I mean umma." And she smiles at me sweetly.

"Now that's more like it." She replies.

She looks angelic wearing her blush pink cap sleeve silk dress.

She chose to wear her diamond and jade jewelry I gave her as well.

Her long jet-black hair falls to her waist in waves.

Her makeup is light and natural, and she looks so beautiful.

You would never guess that she and momma are in their mid-60's because they don't look a day over 35.

"So, is everyone here?" Momma asks.

Just them Sammy walks out looking like a true princess.

Her hair is up in a chignon with the top and sides curled into Shirley Temple spirals.

Her makeup is age appropriate, and she looks beautiful in her blush pink prom style dress, matching bedazzled flats and the jewelry I gave her.

I let everyone choose their own dresses only requesting that they are all blush pink.

I look around for Aunt Sylvia.

"Where is Aunt Sylvia?" I ask.

"Here I am honey she says walking in the room."

She is also wearing a beautiful blush pink satin caftan and matching slip-on satin mules.

Although she is 100% recovered, she said she ain't about the high heeled life anymore.

Her hair fell out from her sickness and instead of putting on a wig in this heat she is rocking her natural curls.

Jameson just washed it and gave her a semi-permanent dye job of her signature honey blonde and she looks fabulous honey!

"I had to get the little ones situated."

Kayla and a Kylie are my flower girls, and they are wearing blush pink pageant dresses Aunt Sylvia found online.

With white lace ruffle socks and smaller versions of the bedazzled flats that Sammy is wearing.

We roller set their hair ourselves and Jameson just styled them into matching heads full of spiral curls.

I purchased them each a set of age-appropriate costume jewelry because Aunt Sylvia said if they lost real diamonds, it might cause another .

She is so dramatic that one.

Initially Carlos didn't want to be in the wedding but at the last minute he asked what he could do.

He is now the ring bearer, and he is so excited it is cute.

"Oh, shoot I almost forgot, momma hand me my bag please."

She hangs it to me, and I pull our two pink envelopes and g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter