Hurt Feelings

Blue Bayou
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three Days Before Vegas

Jason's POV:

 

It's been nearly a week since the that disaster of a Christmas Eve dinner at Gabrielle's and she has avoided me like the plague.

She has answered my phone calls and my texts get answered but not as fast as they were a week ago and it worries me that I have messed up and scared her off!

I don't regret anything that happened just the way that it happened.

I got caught up in the moment and I should have waited and told her my actual feelings and not jumped her bones.

She is embarrassed, mortified and no doubt confused thinking this was all of a sudden, but the truth is I have known for months that I was in love with her.

At the time it felt so right, all I saw was stars in my eyes and not the sheer panic in hers.

After she got off the phone with her cousin, she stayed clear away from me.

Every time I'd go near her or try to talk to her, she would run off or say she had something to clean up.

At first, I felt hurt and rejected but after we left and I was at home in bed it gave me a chance to reflect on everything.

I could then see things from her perspective, and I cringed at the thought.

I am famous and my fans foam at the mouth like rabid dogs if I post a picture of myself and a female.

It could be family members and they still attack! I see how that could scare of the most secure woman.

I know she still struggles with her self -image, I am not stupid.

I saw pictures of her from before the weight loss and although she was very pretty, she was quite heavy.

It made me appreciate how hard she worked to get healthy and my love and respect for her went up even more if that is possible.

Add to that the fact that she is black that would send them over the edge.

Her race isn't even a factor with me being biracial myself the thought never even crossed my mind.

I try to call her once more before I head to the gym with Chris.

The phone rings six times before she answers.

"Hello?"

"Hello?" Hey, Gabby it's me Jason."

"Yeah, I know."

I slap my self across the forehead of course she knows it's you, you big dummy!

"So how are you? How are things going?"

"Fine." She sounds so short and panicky, and I hate it.

"Hey, I am about to head out with Elaine for a few hours can I call you back tonight?" She asks.

My heart drops to my feet.

"Um sure I am about to head out myself, going to the gym with Chris."

"Oh, ok cool, well I should be back around five ish I will hit you up then ok."

"K"

"Ok well bye, then."

"Bye."

She disconnects the call and I lean back on the couch and sigh frustrated.

"Well, that was a disaster." I say throwing my phone across the room watching it land on the ottoman.

"Dude that is a thousand dollar phone you need to chill."

"Sorry I am just so upset right now."

"She's still not speaking to you huh?"

"Barely all her replies are one word or simple sentences."

"She said she would call me back later, but it is not what she said it's how she said it she sounded so short and panicky and I freaking hate it so much man!"

I sigh getting up to retrieve my phone.

I sit back down and look at the ceiling.

"Jase can I be frank with you?" Chris asks.

"Of course, what's up?"

"I think she is just scared, you kind of caught her off guard you know."

"You are a celebrity, and I am sure that intimidates her somewhat."

"Plus, she has only recently gotten over her star struckness toward you where she feels like she can be herself around you and you go and."

"I go and kiss her without ever declaring any romantic interest whatsoever."

"Bingo, she is probably hella confused right now and to top that off you’re a super famous movie star."

I open my mouth to say something, but Chris reads my mind.

"Yes, I know she is famous as well but not like you dude."

"She doesn't get stalked everywhere she goes or have people scrutinizing her appearance and commenting on her every move like you do."

"Plus, your fans are psycho's man they went crazy when you wished Penelope happy birthday by posting that picture of the two of you."

"It was a totally innocent picture of you guys, and they completely lost their minds! That was utterly ridiculous if you ask me."

I cringe at that memory that was a horrible situation.

"And she is a black woman, now you and I may be colorblind when it comes to who we date but some of your fans are not especially in Korea."

"The comments will be awful, some racist and some commenting on her appearance." He sai,.

"Her appearance? She is freaking gorgeous what could they possibly have to say?" I was getting heated thinking about it.

"I agree she is beyond beautiful, but she is black and voluptuous, to us she is perfect because we are American, we can appreciate curves on a woman."

"But to your Korean fans?"

"She would be considered fat." I say completing the sentence knowing how cruel they'd be about it.

Knowing how she has struggled with weight problems her whole life this is not good.

I can't help how I feel about her I love her, and I just want her.

I let out a long sigh feeling depressed did I make a mistake?

"Man, this so much."

"I know man, but I also know you will figure it out give her some space."

"I can tell by how she is around you that she has feelings for you, she is just scared."

"Trust me bro everything will work out for you guys ok."

"I am rooting for you my friend, fighting." He says and I chuckle.

"Thanks man that means a lot."

"To tell you the truth I am glad you fell in love with a regular woman and not a Hollywood type or a gold digger."

"Hey, there are plenty of awesome women in the industry." I say mock offended for my colleagues.

"Yes, there is but all of them are married, engaged or involved."

I laugh and nod in agreement.

"You got a point."

"Prime example Alexis." He cackles.

"Oh hey man I thought we did a blood oath and swore to never mention her name again!" I do the sign of the cross and he cracks up laughing.

"Man, oh man that is a blast from the past huh? Thank God you found out about her before you got too involved."

"Amen brother Amen!"

I shudder to think what my life would be like if she was still in it.

My mind can't even fathom it.

Alexis was a woman I dated for about seven months three years ago.

We met in Milan at a show that I was featured in.

She was on the front row and of course I noticed her immediately because she is a beautiful woman.

She looked just like a young Catherine Zeta Jones via Zorro and Entrapment days.

I mean absolutely gorgeous.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter