Save The Drama For Your Momma

Blue Bayou
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months later:

Gabby:

 

"Why is it so bright in here?" I yell out turning over in bed and covering my face with a pillow to block out the early morning sun.

"Note to self, purchase black out drapes for mom's guest bedroom."

I sit up with a start at the loud crash coming from the other room.

"Lainey! Lainey!" I scream jumping up and running into the kitchen.

I look around frantically "Elaine!?" I yell at the top of my lungs.

"Yeah, I am back here calm down no need to panic."

I run around the island into the back pantry to see her bent over picking up some pans that fell over on the floor.

"Are you alright?" I say coming in picking up a lid that flew in the entryway.

"Yeah, I am fine just clumsy as all get out." She sighs dramatically,

"What are you doing anyway?" I ask amused at her facial expression.

"Well, I was going to surprise my bestie with breakfast in bed to cheer her up but yeah you see how well that went."

"Awww, babes"...

She chuckles "And besides now you are awake so how can I surprise you anyway?"

"Awww, thank you boo I appreciate the thought." I give her a hug.

She hugs me back hard and I sigh I sure love my bestie.

"How about this? You get back in bed and pretend like you never saw any of this and I can still go with my plan.

"Deal."

"But first brush your teeth and wash yo behind because your stink pyoo!" She says and

covers her nose.

 

"Elaine Elizabeth Munoz!" I laugh and slap her arm.

"I do not stink!" I put my hand over my mouth, well maybe my breath does stink.

"Chile please you have been in the bed for damn near a month." She is totally exaggerating.

"Stop being dramatic it has been a day or two the most."

"More like five but who is counting?" She says.

"Five days for real?" I say slightly panicked.

She looks at me sadly and shakes her head.

"Wow now I am losing track if my days what's next?" I say sitting down on the island seat feeling bone tired.

Just weary..

This has been the worst two months of my entire life!!

 

Flashback to December 31st.

We landed in Vegas at 9:45 am sharp and was checked in and settled into our room by 10:30 am.

I was so tired that I decided to take a hot bath and nap.

The penthouse was so I can't even put into words.

Luxurious maybe..

Magnificent..

Lavish yes that's it..

It was lavish and the bathroom was as big as my entire bedroom.

Now don't get me wrong I am not impressed by money and all those trappings but this is some billionaire type ish right here.

I run myself a bath and add six heaping scoops of the sweet smelling bath oil they provided.

I wash the morning film off my face and neck and quickly brush my teeth.

I sink into the hot fragrant water and sigh happily as I feel all the tension leave my body.

Man this is the life.

Capital L, capital I, capital F, capital E. LIFE!

I wash myself and sit in the water until it turns cold.

I let it out and then do a quick rinse of my skin to remove any excess water and soap.

I hop out and apply toner then moisturizer to my face and neck.

I slather myself with oil from head to toe and pull on a pair of black yoga pants, beater t and no-show socks.

I grab my large paddle brush and brush out my hair then putting it into a large messy top knot.

The bath revived me somewhat and now I am starving.

I venture out to see what I can find to eat.

I walk back into the main area of the suite and see Jason, Chris and Lainey seated at the dining room table arguing about what to eat for lunch.

Jason looks up first and smiles warmly at me.

"There she is Miss America!" He sings and chuckles holding his arms out to me.

I sit on his lap, and he squeezes me tight.

"So, are you, hungry babe?" He asks me.

"Ravenous all I ate this morning was a small bag of cashews and a granola bar."

"I feel you I am so hungry I could eat a horse!" Lainey adds.

"I know right so let's decide what we are going to eat without arguing about it." Chris adds.

"Gabby what do you say? I suggested we have steak and lobster I mean it's the cuisine of Vegas almost every restaurant has some version of surf and turf." He says.

"And I said Greek and Jason wants vegetable curry and rice so you are the deciding factor what do you want?" Lainey asks.

"Mmm." I put my finger on my chin.

'Well to be honest they all sound wonderful why don't we order a little of everything and share."

"See I told you she would be the voice of reason." Jason chuckles and kisses my cheek.

I grin at him and lean further into his chest.

"But add pork and chicken mandu, beef kimbap, steamed rice, and spicy kimchi to the list." I say rubbing my stomach and humming."

"You just ordered my favorite foods." Jason said in awe.

"Oh?"

"Yes, what do you know about kimbap woman?" Chris says grinning.

"Plenty young man plenty." I reply.

"Gabby if I was not in love with Elaine and Jason was my best friend, I'd run off into the sunset with you." He grabs my hand and kisses it.

I giggle turning beet red and Lainey rolls her eyes but smiles.

"Take a number mister, she was mine first." Lainey adds.

We all laugh as Chris orders the food.

Two hours later we are in a food coma laying on the couch and I am really wondering why no one stopped me from eating a dozen kimbap rolls in 1 sitting.

"Jesus I am stuffed like a turkey on Thanksgiving Day!" I moan and roll on my side rubbing my stomach.

"Are you ok babe?" Jason chuckles laying down beside me on the couch.

"Yes, but I think I ate too much." I continue to rub my stomach.

"Lainey, I don’t think I am going to be able to fit into my dress tonight." I reply.

"Well, you better or else I am going to cut you!"

"But."

"But nothing you are wearing it and don't try to get out of it you promised I had complete control over the New Year's Eve attire, makeup and hairstyle."

"That is what happens when you lose a bet."

"Bet?" Both Chris and Jason say at the same time.

"Yes, we made a friendly wager and she lost so I get to style he for tonight she is going to kill the city."

I groan remembering that stupid bet.

Jason sits up with an intrigued expression on his face.

"What did ya'll bet?"

Lainey begins to talk, and I cut her off.

"Zip it!" I sit up and glare at her.

"But."

"I said ZIP IT! SHUT IT CLOSE YA MOUTH!" I point to her and do the slice across the throat with my fingers, and she cackles.

"Fine you spoil sport." She yawns and gets up off the couch pulling Chris along with her.

"We are going to take a nap." She looks at the clock it is 1pm.

"Be showered, shaved and moisturized by four pm so we can get started to be out of the door by 6:15pm." She points to me giving me the evil eye.

"Sir yes sir!" I salute her and she scoffs leading Chris into the bedroom.

I lay back down and pull Jason down with me.

I sigh drowsily into his chest and inhale his scent it's decadent and manly and it's making me lightheaded to think I am here with him like this.

He wraps his arms around me pulling me in closer.

We lay there for a few minutes in contented silence when he speaks.

"So, you really aren't going to tell me what you guys bet?" He finally asks.

"Nope."

"But why?"

"Because it is nunyo?"

"Huh what is nunyo?"

"Nunyo business!" I say looking up and into his eyes smirking.

He rolls his eyes and chuckles.

"Fine be that way."

I laugh and turn over burying my face in his chest and I drift off to sleep.

I wake up with a start a few hours later and panic thinking I have overslept.

I turn and see Jason sleeping next to me and I smile.

I kiss his cheek and slip out of his grip to go and shower.

I wash, shave, exfoliate myself until my skin is soft as a baby’s backside.

Smooth to touch and shiny.

I moisturize my body from head to toe in my Pleasure Intense lotion and spray on the matching perfume.

I slip on the underwear Elaine picked for me and feel like a lewd woman in this barley there, ensemble.

I mean I have on a bustier with thigh highs and garters for goodness sakes!!

And the shoes? Although they are beautiful, they are six inch torture devices!!

I love heels I really do but I do not wear them that much and all my heels have wide platforms in the front so they are comfortable but these.

They are open toe and pointy and my toes hurt just looking at them!

I just hope I do not fall and bust my ! I scoff at my reflection!

"How did I let her talk me into this mess!"

The dress is even worse!

But I have decided what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas as far as how I am dressing for tonight because this will not, I repeat will not be the norm for me in the future!

"Gabster are you in there?" Lainey asks knocking hard on the door.

"Yes, I am."

She bursts in and gasps.

"OOO wee girl you look fantastic!!"

"Let's get you into that dress and get your hair and makeup done!"

"What about you?" How are you going to have time to get dressed if you are helping me?

"Oh, don't you worry your pretty little head about that I will get us both gussied up and drop dead gorgeous with time to spare ok."

"K." I say as she ushers me to the seat next to the vanity where she has already laid out makeup and has a variety of heating irons already plugged up and getting hot.

An hour and a half later she’s transformed me into someone I don't recognize.

My mouth drops open and I gasp.

“Elaine!”

I look like I stepped off a set from a vintage Hollywood movie set.

My makeup is flawless my eyes are a bold smoky with a winged liner so sharp it could cut your finger if you touch it.

The lashes extra- large and long and makes me eyes take center stage.

My cheeks are dusted with a soft coral pink and a blindingly bright contour with a golden highlight that showcases my high cheekbones.

My lips look painted on literally and I am scared to death that I will ruin them when we have dinner, but Elaine assures me that they will not move an inch.

"Trust me your lipstick will not come off until you’re ready to take it off.

I lean into the mirror to get a closer look and I turn to look at her my mouth still wide open in complete shock.

"I know huh I am good." She shakes dusting imaginary dust off her shoulders and blowing on her fingers.

"Wow just wow you are magician!" I say looking at my face and hair.

I touch the perfect waves and they are soft but firm if that is possible and along with my makeup and dress, I look like an old school Hollywood vixen.

"I mean for real because this is magic!"

She claps her hands together and chuckles.

"Now get in your shoes.

"Yeah, about that." I say,

"Why am I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter