Hey You!

Blue Bayou
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June:

JASON

It has been a few weeks since I saw Gabrielle or as I secretly call her "gym cutie pie."

I don't know if she has been coming here on a different day, time or if she is avoiding me.

Maybe I am tripping, and we have just been missing each other.

Whatever the case maybe I enjoyed spending that little bit of time with her that day.

The word I would use to describe her it would be delightful.

She is smart, funny, inquisitive, and pretty darn cute.

She was nervous around me at first, so I cracked jokes and to make her laugh.

After about twenty minutes she warmed up to me, we even took a kickboxing class together.

She neglected to mention that she attended the class on a regular basis though she knocked me on my several times!

After the fourth time of being knocked down I looked up at her.

"Something tells me you have done this before."

She smirked sassily.

"I may or may not take this class once a week." She smiled impishly and I chuckled.

She reached out and helped me to my feet, I wasn't hurt or anything well maybe my ego.

A little bit...

"You’re really good." She folds her arms across her chest, and I notice how toned they are.

"I'm alright nothing more nothing less." She replies.

"I guess I am just off my game today." I smile sheepishly and shrug.

"Hey, we all have our bad days, I've worn mismatched clogs to work once and what's so bad about it is they were completely different colors."

"Now how do you confuse hot pink and burgundy?" She asks and giggles.

She is so adorable.

"How does that happen?" I ask.

Her smile is contagious, and I find myself grinning along with her.

"Let's just say tequila was involved the evening before and that's all I have to say about that."

She makes the sign of the cross and places her hands together like in prayer and I crack up.

"That bad huh?"

'Worse Jose and I have been estranged ever since." She shudders dramatically.

"Jose?" Are you married?" I ask feeling disappointed.

"Married? What? No!" She burst out laughing.

"Jose as in Jose Cuervo." She smiles at me her eyes shining with mirth.

I roar with that laughter and he joins in.

"Now that was funny." I say tickled.

I gave her my card hoping she'd call I really enjoyed our time together.

I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.

But I never heard from her.

I finish up my workout and head to the showers.

After a hot refreshing shower, I dress quickly.

As I am heading to my car my stomach growls loudly.

I look at my watch and see it is 5pm.

It is dinner time and I know exactly where I want to go and eat.

I buckle myself in and pull out onto the road.

"Siri dial Chris please." A robotic voice says, "Dialing Chris now."

He picks up immediately. "Yo!" Whassssupppppppppp?" He says annoyingly.

"Dude we are dang near 40 don't you think it's time to stop with that greeting?"

"Nope." He says.

I chuckle "Whatcha doing?"

"I just left the doctor, why? What's up?"

"I'm starved you wanna meet me at Lombardo's?'' I ask.

"Do I? How long before you can get there?"

"I just left the gym I should get there in fifteen, twenty minutes the most."

" I am just around the corner from the restaurant I will go ahead and get us a table and hurry up I am salivating now that I know I will be eating there."

"I feel you bro, I will see you in a few later."

"Later." He disconnects the call.

I make a right turn excited about the delicious meal we're about to enjoy.

I hope the pastry chef is back in town and working.

I have been dying to put a face to the genius behind those delectable desserts I have been enjoying these last few months.

 

 

2 Hours later:

GABBY

"Remind why I am working this late again?" I ask Steven one of my interns.

I'm bored out of my mind.

"It is because you are a fantastic boss and an awesome team player." He coos and I roll my eyes.

"Plus, since Chris's wife went into early labor you didn't want us to be stretched thin."

He grins showing off his pearly white Crest smile and I laugh.

"Did you get a degree in brown nosing along with your pastry certificate?" I ask him.

"You know it! I was number 1 in my class too."

He pretends like he is knocking dust off his shoulders.

"You are a mess!" I chuckle ruffling his hair.

"Just so you know I also took a class called Groveling 101, so I am pretty efficient in that as well." He grins hugely.

"Boy bye!" I crack up and throw a towel at him, he is too much!

"Truthfully, the evenings are pretty slow except for the weekends and it is partly your fault?"

"How is it my fault?!" I ask incredulously.

"Because you are so efficient.

You prep so much for the night shift, there is rarely anything to do except to plate the dessert and send it out."

"Not that I am complaining mind you, and besides if I get too bored, I go help out Raphael in the savory kitchen."

"Well, I know for a fact that he appreciates your help and so do I kiddo." I give him a side hug.

I look at the clock, "Oh 7pm I'm outta here son!"

He chuckles.

"Hey sweetness is time for you to leave?"

My boss Regina asks walking in the room.

"Yes, ma'am it is but what's up?" I ask.

"A customer wants to meet you."

"He loves your coconut and pineapple cream cake he orders it every time he comes here."

"He has been dying to meet you in fact, but it seems that every time he comes it's either on your day off or you’re out of town."

"Well, I haven't been out of town in months."

"Exactly like I said you're never here when he is."

She says grabbing a chocolate covered strawberry off the counter and popping it in .

"Oh, wow really? And he still wants to me after all this time how nice."

"Yes, indeed your sweets are the reason we ain't bankrupt honey and I ain't ashamed to admit that."

"Stop it Mrs. Regina now." I reply.

"What? It's the truth."

"Honey you've been a blessing to us I tell everybody." She adds.

"Well Praise God because I get the talent from him."

"Glory to his mighty name." Steven says.

"I know that's right! I give him a high five.

"Well, he sure knew we needed you and he sent you."

"That he did Mrs. Regina, that he did."

She smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Let me use the restroom and change my clothes really quick and I will be right there." I reply.

"Ok hon, take your time, he is located near the bar come find me and I will make the introductions."

"Yes ma'am." I reply as she turns and walks back into the dining area.

I turn to Steven, "Wow that is so cool, I love when customers want to meet me."

"That is cool if it's a celebrity take pictures with them so I can live vicariously through you ok."

"I got you boo." I reply and head to my office bathroom.

I quickly use the bathroom and wash my hands and get ready to change back into regular clothes.

It's been hot like fish grease these last few days and I'm so glad I decided to wear one of summer maxi dresses instead of my usual jeans and a white tee.

I chose an off -shoulder mustard yellow ruffle sleeve number momma got me while at home.

I paired it with a pair of large diamond stud earrings, a few chunky bangles, my fitbit and my favorite diamond pendant necklace.

I apply fresh deodorant, brush my teeth and run a witch hazel pad across my face.

I put on the dress and jewelry and take down my hair and run my fingers through it.

I apply some cherry lip gloss and check out my reflection.

My curls managed to remain although they look more like waves after wearing my top hat all day.

But I look good considering I've been in a hot kitchen all day.

I walk into my office and put some cream on my ankles and all exposed parts of feet.

I'm always ashy after taking off my work shoes for some reason.

Which is odd because I slather myself in oil after I shower in the morning.

Oh well what can you do? I just keep cream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter