Why Can't I Come?

Just Let Me Love You

Baekhyun knocked on the door and turned the knob, entering his sweet home. He took off his shoes and placed them in the shoe rack.

"Oh! You're home already?"

Baekhyun made a sound to indicate to his mom he is home. The latter went inside the kitchen and kissed his busy mother on the cheek.

"Sorry I came home late yesterday. Were you scared you were alone here?"

"Me? A scaredy-cat?"

He used sign language with his mom after making eye contact. His mom attentively watched him move his fingers as she stirred the soup for their dinner.

"Haha, you always are one!"

"I'm not a baby, mom."

"You are. For me. My cute baby pumpkin!" she used her other hand to pinch his cheek, causing Baekhyun to whine in protest.

Her pinches are so hard.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at her, which his mom laughed at.

"Dinner is almost ready, so prepare the table for us please."

-----

"Baek... I'm going on a business trip this Saturday..."

Baekhyun's mom took the silence to announce her planned business trip. It would take her about a month to work in the asserted country by the corporation she is currently working for, and so she plans to at least tell her son about her intentions.

"Why can't I come?"

"It's not around here dear, and I'm needed in the company."

"Okay."

"You sure?"

"I'm fine by myself, mom."

"Baek... I plan on taking you to someone I trust."

"Okay, then maybe you wouldn't worry about me too much."

"At least you understand why", his mom smiled and chuckled at her adorable son, ruffling his hair. And so Baekhyun pretended to get mad at her.

"Hey, don't ruin my hair!"

"You're just so cute! Your father would probably ruffle your hair all day!"

Upon hearing his father, he can't help but gave his mom a small grin, agreeing to every word she said.

Dad would have kept on teasing me then.

-----