Afraid

Just Let Me Love You

"I have a fricking essay to pass three days from now, omg."

"What? BAEKHYUN!"

"... I forgot about it sorry", Baekhyun half-heartedly cried in front of Kyungsoo.

"Ya'know, we'll help. Sometimes you're unbelievable, Baek."

"Thanks, Yoongs, I'll just ask if I'm not sure of it."

"Nyam... You better! He'll smack you if you cried before the deadline", Yoongi smacked the back of Jimin's head who winced. The chip in his hand, however, got loose from his hold.

"Hey! Poor chip! That was the last one..." he pouted.

"Good for you", Yoongi sneered.

-----

For the past few weeks, it was nothing but sunshine and rainbows for Baekhyun. Chanyeol was very protective of him, and the little guy felt so grateful for it. His friends may have always been beside him, yet there was something he couldn't grasp with Chanyeol that made it different from the others.

It's like his full attention was always with him.

But still, there was something more in that attention of the giant.

"Hey, Baek, I'll go in the toilets. Wait for me in the library, okay?"

Baekhyun nodded and made a small sound. Chanyeol smiled and went inside the cubicle.

Baekhyun skipped in the hallway, cheerful and giddy with everything Chanyeol has given him. Whether he'd be alone in his bedroom or when he asks for something he desires (but not those luxurious things his mom would want to make a collection of).

Upon reaching the library, he was about to reach the knob only for it to be pushed by someone inside. He was about to thank the person but when their eyes locked, anxiety came rushing into his veins.

Quivering breathes were all he can manage, his eyes refused to blink, and continued to eye the tall man.

"Oh my... Sorry..."

The man gave a sharp gasp. After reading Baekhyun's ID on his shirt, he gave a small smirk, making the smaller flinch in distress.

"We met again?"

Baekhyun's hands began to tremble, being around the latter made him felt like suffocating. Breathing normally began to become difficult for him. With that smile plastered on his face, memories of them began gushing in his head. Never did he want to feel the same pain he went through in the past.

I should have known that after every happiness always ends with agony...

-----