One Asks For A Date, Another Wants A Second Chance

Just Let Me Love You

"You're late."

"I"M SORRY KYUNGSOOOOOO :'''''("

The latter glared at his friend (terrifyingly, if Baekhyun may add) with that one soft round eyes of his, as Baekhyun felt the intensity from three feet away. Yet with that wobbly bottom lip of his friend, he huffed and sighed. His once glare was replaced with a softer daze (with which Baekhyun is more familiar). Bringing his hand to Baekhyun's palms, he nodded in understanding as to why his friend was late. 

"It's okay, you're here anyway. What do you want to order?"

"Pizza!!!!"

Kyungsoo smiled in acknowledgment, matching Baekhyun's huge grin. He looked towards the others and asked what they wanted. Taehyung and Jungkook wanted chicken and burgers (as if they hadn't ordered their share a while ago). Yoongi and Jimin agreed on the pizza Kyungsoo picked anyway (with Chanyeol in between). 

Finally, he asked Jongin.

"..."

"Jongin?"

"Yeah?"

"What would you want to order?"

"Umm..." You.

"I'll have the pizza as well. Make it crispier and bigger."

"Okay."

And they all waited for the pizza to arrive. 

-----

"What's with the atmosphere..."

"Well, you know the two. Taehyung and Jungkook over here were supposed to tell us something", Yoongi snarled at the two friends who awkwardly laughed. 

What were they supposed to do, write a damn fiction about the other two?

"My bad", came Jungkook's reply.

"BAEK! Did you know that those two were- Mhnjmhjmppmhm!!!"

"A-ha hahahah. You are too loud, hahaha."

Yoongi immediately closed Jimin's mouth (with a handkerchief on his palm). 

Yet he didn't do that to keep it from Baekhyun, but to evade the certain couple from hearing their names to be more careful about the two's hearing distance. He isn't about to die today.

But Baekhyun already knew it from their faces. 

One had a panic look yet the other had that dumbfounded expression. 

And it only leads to one thing. 

"What is it that you all wanted to know about?"

"Their past."/"Nothing."

Jimin and Yoongi looked at each other and glared.

Baekhyun sighed at the situation. 

"Idk if I should say this... Should I ask for Kyungsoo's consent?"

Everyone shook their heads, disagreeing with the boy (even Chanyeol seemed to have shaken his head, interested in the topic). Baekhyun bit his lower lip in wonder if he should follow their words or follow his words. 

But then again it's all in the past, it shouldn't be that bad, right?

"Well, Jongin was supposed to break up with him because he told himself to do so. I can't blame him cuz he has strict parents and you know, stereotypes."

Baekhyun paused and typed on his phone some more as the others' faces were warped between wanting to learn more about their friends' past and having the regret that they should have learned hand signs for the little dude. 

Damn it. 

"For a year, Jongin was the boyfriend you could ever dream of. He would always be with Kyungsoo on time after school, initiate bubble tea dates (which Sehun was jealous of hehe), go to libraries to read their favorite novel, and the list goes on. It was like watching a romantic movie but it's real life."

Chanyeol felt tense in his seat. Was that supposed to be a message for him? Should he even take it as a note to himself? 

"Wow."

"Wow indeed."

Jimin and Yoongi went silent once more. How could they not know about this but Baekhyun?

"How'd you know all of this when I literally was just listening to those fake gossips and have been fighting with those es to zip their mouths shut?"

"Kyungie had a breakdown."

Just then, Kyungsoo called their names, telling them that the pizzas have arrived (and a beknowing stare was given to them, signaling to save him from Jongin). 

And everyone ate in peace, spewing yet another set of topics. 

-----

After two pizza slices, Jongin's head was focused only on one thing. 

Get outside of this pizzeria with Kyungsoo. 

It's a great opportunity to finally be alone with Kyungsoo and finally let all those feelings out of his system. He got to ask the others to give him space with the latter, so he should at least do his side of the job. 

He breathed in, feeling his nerves quiver from that shaky breath. 

Then breathed out.

"Kyungsoo?"

No reply.

"I- Well... After this, can we- I mean, you know, out of this place with, uh, me... Only...?"

Again, no reply. 

"You see-"

"You should prioritize working with your grammar. Again. How many times have I told you that?"

"Come on! That's not with this is about."

"We're not going out with just the two of us if you don't speak clearly and with sense."

"Kyung- Ugh, fine! Can we go out later, with just the two of us? Alone?"

"The word "alone" is redundant. Again."

Jongin huffed at the strict Kyungsoo. Not this again.

Slowly, he started speaking. 

"Can we go out, just the two of us together, later after you finish your pizza?"

Kyungsoo stared at him with his half-lidded eyes, and Jongin can't tell if his glad or having fun with the  suffering he was doing to him. 

"That's better", Kyungsoo commented and went back to eating his pizza.

"Wha- Is that  yes or a no?"

"Later."

"Later, what?"

"I'll answer you later. You said after I finish my pizza, right?"

"Fine", came his childish reply, as he went back to eating his pizza like the grown child he is. 

He'll just have to wait patiently, it seems. 

-----

 

I was late, I know :'(