Take Good Care of Him

Just Let Me Love You

"Chanyeol, wake up Baekhyun."

 

"And why should I? If he's late, then let him."

 

"Chanyeol! You know very well of his condition, you stubborn brat. Just do what I say! No lunch for you then."

 

What the hell, if I don't wake him up I get no lunch? How injustice!

 

She started at the meals prepared on the counter, watching if she won't put anything in his lunchbox. Seeing she was serious with her words (there was only a pack of biscuits left inside but that alone still makes him hungry plus canteen foods aren't any better than his mom's cooking), she groaned.

 

"... Fine."

 

Chanyeol grumbled, having to take the staircase again just to wake up a dead man. What's their problem if the little guy overslept? It's his fault for sleeping too much. 

 

Ugh, a nuisance in the house.

 

Upon arrival in front of their guest room, he didn't bother knocking and swung the door wide open, it bothers him how someone who has classes is taking so much energy.

 

Yet he shut the door as quick as he opened it, embarrassment flooding inside of him. Chanyeol covered his mouth and immediately ran down the stairs.

 

Inside the room revealed a petite boy with no clothes staring at his door for a whole minute (he was confused why his door went open and shut, like the wheels on the bus song).

 

-----

 

"Oh my, you're already awake!"

 

Baekhyun went down the stairs with a wide smile, pretty blossoms seem to be surrounding the kid as he skipped down the stairs. He smelled pancakes from his bedroom and so he thought there was already food placed on the table.

 

It'll be a shame if I don't get to eat it. Maybe Chanyeol would finish it all in one go? Ahhh! I have to be fast!

 

He hurriedly speeds up and sat beside the tall latter, who was avoiding any form of eye contact. Baekhyun was confused, though he let him have space, thinking Chanyeol was still uncomfortable around him.

 

"U-huh! I'll be eating your meal now!"

 

"Ah, yes yes. Enjoy the pancakes while they're still hot!"

 

Baekhyun clasped his hands together and mouthing the words 'thank you for the food' before eventually devouring the sweet pancakes before him.

 

He was too bright that Chanyeol couldn't help but stare at how large his appetite was. In contrast to him, his plate was only one-fourth eaten while the latter already ate one whole pancake.

 

"You must like that a lot."

 

Surprised was an understatement to Baekhyun. Seeing Chanyeol talk to him even gave him a mental block before he could even write on his pad paper.

 

"Yep! Mom cooks it for me sometimes if there's a budget."

 

Chanyeol nodded in understanding. He stood up and pulled the strap of his backpack.

 

"I'm going, ma."

 

"You didn't finish the pancake!"

 

"I'll finish it!"

 

"Eh? No need, Baek. You can go with Chanyeol to school now!"

 

"But... It's a waste..."

 

Sigh, this kid honestly loves pancakes.

 

Mrs. Park went towards the poor boy and pat his back to take his attention.

 

"Alright, how about I pack it up for you so you can eat it in school?"

 

"OMG! Really? You can do that?" he brightly gazed at Mrs. Park.

 

"Yep! So hurry up and pack up your stuff so you can join Chanyeol."

 

"Okay! Thank you, auntie!"

 

"You're welcome!"

 

-----

 

"Take good care of him."

 

"Yeh..."

 

"Don't you lose sight of him!" 

 

"I will, ma."

 

Chanyeol slipped in his pair of shoes and went on his way. Baekhyun just went out of the door, bowing to the taller's mother and thanking her for everything she has done. The mother waved rather cheerfully to the two, watching them grew smaller each step they took.

 

"Don't bother what they say when we arrive at school."

 

Confused he took out his pad and wrote.

 

"What?"

 

Chanyeol sighed, sliding his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

 

"I meant don't listen to what they say at school. They're nothing but cheap people who loves to hear about the latest rumors..."

 

"But... wouldn't that ruin your reputation?"

 

Chanyeol squinted his eyes at the statement. He wanted to laugh, but knowing the situation he shouldn't do so.

 

"What reputation? That's nothing to me."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Totally?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Completely?"

 

"... Why do you have so many questions like that in your notepad?" the giant clicked his tongue at the laughing boy. He was amused but wasn't exactly amused.

 

At least he could laugh?...

 

-----