Why do you have to leave?

Just Let Me Love You

"Why do you have to leave???"

The small boy hastily did hand signs to his mom, who grinned in return.

"Baek, don't tell me you're taking back your words", smiled his mom. Baekhyun gulped at his mother's words. How can he not take back everything he had said when he's in front of the Park's house?

And he saw a glimpse of a tall man with glasses and hazelnut-colored hair by the window staring at him weirdly.

Creepy!

Baekhyun quietly shrieked and silently wailed at his mother for leaving him, stomping his feet like a little child wanting to go back in the past to object to his mother's scheme.

"Baek, it'll only be for a month then I'll come back to take you home again."

His mother kissed his cheeks before she left her son with her trusted friend by their doorway, she was running quite late for her early flight to Europe. And if she were to stay longer she might have already canceled her flight by then. Mrs. Park and Baekhyun watched the sleek black car leave, waving farewell to his mother.

"It's okay, sweetie. We don't bite. And besides that, my son has the same age as you do. You two would get along real quick I suppose", she smiled warmly at the panicked male. Baekhyun nodded his head, finding comfort in her words.

The two proceed inside her home, Mrs. Park wanted to offer him some of her baked cookies in which he shyly thanked her for.

-----

"These cookies are great, thank you miss."

"No problem, Baek. I'm glad you enjoyed them!"

Baekhyun brightly smiled at her. He then continued eating the cookies she baked with orange juice beside him. Mrs. Park sighed, grinning at how lovely her friend's son is.

"How I wish my son would have the same appetite as you have."

Baekhyun blinked in confusion.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, don't be bothered. It's just that, he doesn't eat cookies often, so I admire how you love to gobble up the sweets I made."

"I'm not a fan of cookies, ma. How many times should I tell you that?"

A tall man came inside the dining room. It was the same man who was peeping from his window glass earlier when Baekhyun was whining about his mom dropping him somewhere he is sure as hell knew that the son of her friend is someone he knew from class.

Why him out of all the people...

Kyungsoo, take me to your house right now, I'm begging you...

"Well, at least remind me to cook you a chocolate cake instead of complaining how you hate cookies."

The latter grumbled at her.

"By the way, we have a guest for a month."

"I heard from you yesterday."

"Oh shut it. Anyways, meet Baekhyun. Baek, this is... Baek?"

Baekhyun began to shiver as if he was frozen in place. Mrs, Park slightly screeched at how anxious the little guy was while munching on her cookies.

"Baek, please make yourself at home! We won't be strangers for too long now since we are going to live on the same roof."

"Okay", he brought up his pad with those lettering, yet his hand was shaking that made the paper all wobbly. Mrs. Park half-heartedly chuckled at the little man's fear.

"Anyhow, Baek you may call him Chan or Channie, or any nickname as you like."

"Mom? What the hell?"

"Hush."

"Umm, Chanyeol is fine."

"But that's too long to write on your paper."

"Oki... Chan, it is..."

Mrs. Park chuckled in joy, being able to persuade Baekhyun wasn't so hard at all.

But what is hard is the fact that these two might never go along. Maybe soon, or maybe not, who knows?

-----