Cry

Just Let Me Love You

For almost a month, Baekhyun and Chanyeol's relationship began to grow bigger.

The silly giant thought he wouldn't have anything to do with the mute boy. Until recently he discovered he was as precious as a diamond. Baekhyun was vulnerable than he thought he was. He admits he founds the little guy as the school's troublesome lad, yet his perspective about him changed. The guy wasn't even an inch near that word.

He admires just how long Baekhyun has kept up with his bullies. Every time those jerks encounter the mute boy, Chanyeol feels the need to worry. He couldn't believe this classmate of his forgives them easily.

"Sometimes you gotta be resentful with them, Baek."

"But I am... You don't know how long I've kept this grudge."

Baekhyun then slowly flipped his notepad, closing the small book after writing those words. The sun was currently setting and the boys were sitting on a bench by the beach. Mrs. Park asked those two to buy butter in a nearby store.

Yet as they were about to leave, Baekhyun wanted to see the sunset by the sea (it was near to Chanyeol's house so the giant gave in with his request).

Baekhyun grinned, mesmerizing the sparkling water. He swung his legs back and forth, feeling the light refreshing breeze hit his face once in a while.

Watching the little man smiling towards the sea, Chanyeol felt pitiful. How can he smile so much and hide everything behind his facade?

"... Wanna take that heavy grief off your chest?"

Baekhyun turned his head to Chanyeol, staring straight into his eyes naively. However, seeing there was full of sincerity on the face of his, he continued to smile widely. Taking out his little notebook, he began to write.

"I'm okay, Channie. I cry sometimes, and that's fine right?"

Breaking down in front of you is something I'm refraining to do, Channie...

Chanyeol opened his mouth, wanting to tell him they have a different case but no words came out from it. He began to question why is he trying to bring up an excuse. It was weird of him. The giant sighed, looking away from Baekhyun.

Yet the truth is, Baekhyun wanted to break down.

Pretending to be happy can't keep me from being strong, huh...

"Baek... You're clearly not okay..." Chanyeol muttered, enough to be audible for Baekhyun to hear.

Chanyeol... Stop...

"You can't keep on going pulling up that wall of yours. If you can't say it to your mom, then at least tell me or to Kyungsoo. There's nothing wrong with opening up to anyone. Wait scratch that, opening up to anyone you trust.

"I can always be wrong, but right now your just bubbling up every grief, every sorrow, and every pain you've had. Life has always been unfair, but did you ever regret feeling happiness?

"I'm sure you had your pure happiness, Baek..."

The little man shook uncontrollably, his eyes covered up by the fringe of his hair. Chanyeol knew he was trying to keep it all up. If he hadn't forced the latter, that heavyweight in his chest won't leave him. With a shaky sigh, he gently rubbed the boy's arm. He ruffled Baekhyun's hair, an attempt to let him keep going.

Baekhyun couldn't take it anymore and cried his heart out. His tears were flowing endlessly. It had been a while since he poured out every affliction he endured. He laid his head on the giant's chest, quiet sobs were all he can muster to do.

And the night came up with Chanyeol having to carry on his back a tired teary-eyed Baekhyun back to their home.

-----