제 5 장

Make me yours (GP)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE'S POV

 

I thought my happiness would never end. Lisa was the perfect girlfriend one could ever have. She pretty, kind and gentlewoman -- or so I thought.

 

 

I went to the locker room of her team after the volleyball game to surprise her, when I accidentally heard her conversation with her teammates. I felt a part of me died when I learned the truth that  everything was all for a show.

 

 

"Yah, I heard Plain Jane Jennie is your girlfriend now? Nailed her yet, bro?"

 

 

"Shut up, Seulgi." Lisa answered angrily.

 

 

"Bro, your time is running out." says Jeongyeon. "Your deadline is approaching."

 

 

I suddenly felt my head spinning. Deadline? I'm having difficulty breathing.

 

 

"Seems like the Lalisa Manoban has lost her charms. Have you fallen for her? Is the dare off? It's okay with us if--"

 

 

"No!" I heard Lisa strongly disagree.

 

 

"Dude, your Hasselblad and vintage camera will--"

 

 

"I said NO! I don't mix emotion with business. A deal is just a deal."

 

 

I was just a bet?

 

 

I can't listen to their conversation anymore so I ran off with tears streaming down my cheeks mercilessly. So I was right all along. I knew from the very start there is something more to it. But I let herself be fooled for my love to Lisa. A camera? I smiled bitterly in between my sobs. Lisa was the most important person in my life. She was my world but sadly, for her, I was no more important than some expensive camera.


 

___



 

I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with air before stepping out of the taxi. I went to Lisa's apartment.

 

 

I knew her family had a house somewhere in Itaewon but she chose to stay in an apartment near the school. I've never been to her parents house. I was thinking about it before but now I know why. Right, why would she even bother to introduce me to her parents when I was just the lastest object of their game.

 

 

I felt the tears started to form in my eyes so I scolded myself. Two days of crying is enough. I'm done pitying myself. I will end everything this day.

 

 

Today is the last day of their dare. I will be giving Lisa what she wants. Call me stupid or whatever but if that camera would make her happy, I am willing to help her keep it, even at my own expense. Why? Because I loves her. For the last time, I wanted to do an act of love for her.

 

 

And again I breathe deeply before pressing the doorbell. The door opens and before I could blink my eyes Lisa pulled me in for a tight embrace. It took me a lot of will power to stop myself from breaking down. Can I live through knowing that I will never be able to be with her again?

 

 

"Where have you been? Did something happen at home? Are you okay? Why didn't you answer atleast one of my calls and text me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter