제 17 장

Make me yours (GP)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE'S POV

"Just bring me along with you." I whined at Lisa who is busy packing some of her clothes in her luggage bag. She has a flight going to Thailand tomorrow at dawn and Switzerland after, to turn over her position completely to one of her trusted employee there.

We had a civil wedding two weeks ago, she said she just wanted to make sure before I change my mind. The church wedding will be after I gave birth to our baby.

Lisa is a perfect wife. She was always attentive. Whatever I request to her, she'll give it to me. Even if it's impossible, she'll try to make it possible. There was a time that she even had to go out to search for an open store which sells rice cake skewers, egg bread and tanghulu because I was craving for them and mind you, it was in the middle of the night. Thankfully there are convenience stores which opens for 24 hours nowadays. She didn't complain, not even once, eventhough she had just lied down the bed after finishing some company reports.

"You know you are not allowed to travel. Flights can be stressful and dangerous for a pregnant woman, babe." she explained.

"Then why don't we take a private plane? Maybe it wouldn't be that risky."

"I don't wanna put you and the baby at risk. I'll be gone for just a week. Before you realize it, I'm here already. I called the housekeeper from before to accompany you and Mama will come by often to visit you while I'm gone." she said.

"Will you miss me?" I ask while jutting out my lower lip.

Lisa turns to look at my direction. She stopped packing and went to kneel infront of me and leveled her face with mine. She cradled my face with her hands. "Of course, I will miss you."

My eyes started to blur from tears. "Then why won't you take me with you?" I whined more like a child, just thinking of not seeing her for a week made me feel like crying. I don't like it. I don't want her to go!

She smiled warmly at me, she sits on the bed and grabbed me to sit on her lap. "Baby, we have to make sacrifices. You can't go on travel. It might put you and the baby in danger."

"I will miss you." my damn tears started to flow down my cheeks mercilessly. She wiped them away with her fingers.

"You're becoming a crybaby nowadays, huh."

"Yah, there are beautiful girls in Thailand and--"

"Are you jealous? Don't tell me you're falling inlove with me?" she joke, but there was an obvious hope in her voice.

"Is there something that I should be jealous about?"

"Of course there is none, you're the only one I love. Besides you're beautiful than them because you're carrying my child. I only have my eyes on you."

She always tells me that she loves me. Sometimes I wanted to believe it, but I'm scared. I can't understand myself. I can already see that she really do love me, but my mind don't want to fully believe in her. Maybe I should learn to trust the judgment of my heart.

"Really?"

"Yes." She peck my pouting lips. "Let's sleep now, you shouldn't be staying up late."
 

She carefully lifted and gently put me down the bed, tucking me in before she continued packing. It didn't took long before she joined me on the bed and after a while both of us fell asleep in each other's arm.
 

___

A week had already passed and I missed my wife so much. I want to see her now and tell her that I love her very much. The nights were so cold and lonely without her.

It's already past the time she usually calls. Was she still busy? I really miss her so much so I grabbed my phone and dialed for Lisa's number. After the fifth ring, she finally picked up but instead of hearing Lisa's voice it was another woman's voice who answered the phone.

"Hello?" the woman snapped on the other line.

 

 

"Hello? Can I talk to Lisa, please."

 

 

"She's in the shower." the woman said in a sarcastic tone. "You're the wife, right?"

 

 

"May I know who this is?" I asked. I'm starting to feel uneasy and I don't like it.

 

 

"Do you really have to ask." the woman tauntingly ask. "I'm the woman she should've married, the woman she really loves."

 

 

I gritted my teeth. "Excuse me? I'm the one she loves. She said so herself. She won't be marrying me if she doesn't."

 

 

"Oh, poor you. I really pity you, you know. At first she pursued you to shake off the guilt. She knew she did you wrong some years ago. Then out of pity, she bedded you. You got pregnant so she married you. It was like shooting two birds with one stone. She came at peace with herself, knowing you have forgiven her by marrying you, and then she gets to have the baby she needed."

 

 

"W-What do you m-mean?" I ask, confused as my heart started beating loudly.

 

 

"Oh, you mean you don't know?" There was a fake innocence in her voice. "There was this stupid stipulation on her grandfather's last will that she should have an heir before she reached thirty or she won't be able to get her inheritance. I still have no plans to have a baby yet so we had a fight. The next thing I knew, she flew back to Korea and got you pregnant. She's been calling me eversince, asking for forgiveness. She said she had to marry you so she can have the child legally. The will stated that the child should be legitimate. Then she went back here and ask again for my forgiveness and now we're back together." the woman stated, so full of herself.

 

 

"You're lying..." my voice is shaking. This isn't true, she's lying! Lisa loves me. Lisa said she loves me.

 

 

"I hope I was but I am not. I love Lisa and I don't really care if she's married."

 

 

"Liar. I don't believe any single word you said. You're just making up stories." I said, trying so hard to control my emotions when in fact, I wanted to break down and cry. Every single word that the lady was saying was like daggers, stabbing and crushing me to pieces. If the woman is lying, how did she knew about our past and the baby growing in my womb if Lisa didn't told her?

 

 

"Poor you. The only lies said were the things that Lisa had told you. Then and now, you're still stupid and naive. Oh, by the way, I sent you some baby shower presents. Wait patiently til it gets there. Hope you'll love them." the woman even laugh on the other line.

 

 

"Has anybody called." It was Lisa's voice!

 

 

They are really together! Suddenly I felt weak. I quickly pressed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter