Chapter 7

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa drinks almost the entire content from her water bottle after another session of practicing their group performance.

Almost drench in sweat whilst trying to catch her breath and filling up her bottle under the water dispenser when Jennie tapped her shoulder using her forefinger. Being an easy target of jump scares, Lisa yelped and immediately turned around while holding her chest. "Jesus Christ!"

The water dispenser was not even properly turned off so Jennie did it herself whilst giggling. "I am so sorry. Didn't know you're a scaredy cat."

Lisa was still trying to regain her composure and breathing though she wouldn't lie how Jennie's giggles somehow managed to calm her down. "Don't do it again. For the sake of my heart and soul, have mercy."

Jennie grins. "Okay okay, I won't."

Lisa wipes her neck and forehead as they walk back inside the dance room. "What brings you here?"

Jennie shrugs. "Got no classes after my last subject so I thought I'd pay you guys a visit plus Taemin oppa asked me to come."

"Oh. Then you can stay, welcome aboard. We need spectators anyway to watch over our formation though Chaeyoung is already here doing a great job being a spotter."

Jennie raises an eyebrow. "What is she doing here?"

"No classes for the rest of the day."

"Oh I see."

"Jennie!" It was from the lively Chaeyoung who's waving her arms, literally attracting attention from the entire dance crew.

"Sorry, sorry. You can continue." Jennie bows to apologize and so did Chaeyoung before she takes a sit beside her.

"Volume, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung grins. "Sorry, I think I had too much sugar today."

"You always do though."

Chaeyoung pouts. "Then extra extra sugar?"

"That I'd agree."

They went silent for awhile with their eyes looking at the crew discussing changes in their choreography again. "How is the preparation going?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Everything is under control, thankfully. We got all things done for the event tomorrow and got the final list of alumni that will be in attendance too."

Chaeyoung looks at Jennie and smirks. "So oppa is going to be here too?"

Jennie didn't have to look at Chaeyoung to know that the younger is smirking. "Yeah, he's responded last minute."

Chaeyoung shrieks. "Oh my God. How are you guys doing though? Still no label?"

"Nope."

"I still wonder why."

"You know why."

"Jennie, both of you can still see each other if you want to make it work. I know he's willing to drive two hours a day to meet you. That's dedication."

Jennie shakes her head, eyes are now looking at Lisa who just gave Jongin a kick straight to his leg if he was not fast enough to avoid it, that somehow made her smile. "Still doesn't change the fact that it's long distance."

"What long? It's just a two hour drive?"

"I want someone to be here as soon as he could when I needed him. Two hour drive won't make it. Plus, I don't want him to drive that long everyday. It'll take a toll on his body."

"Makes sense. Do you guys stay in contact?"

"Casual texts and calls."

"I see. Well, we all want you to be happy and we could see how he could genuinely makes you feel that way. The distance just ."


 

Jennie did not answer as the music finally starts playing again and the dance crew started going through their piece.

Jennie's eyes never left Lisa's figure. There are a lot of things that comes through Jennie's mind the past few days ever since she and Lisa started hanging out and most of them want her to stop what she's planning but the nagging feeling of wanting to get her revenge and her illogical mindset that refuses to get her logic fixed are overpowering her decisions.

Jennie never told anyone that she and Lisa had been going out for dinner right after Lisa's practices for about three consecutive days now. Lisa once asked her, in their second dinner, if she was waiting for her and she boldly told her she was. Of course, her plan is to make Lisa fall for her so she had to say that to keep it as real as possible. She would never admit to herself that she had grown to like Lisa's company.

Jennie constantly tells herself that Lisa's kind and playful gestures were all just a façade. In no way hell that Lisa doesn't recognize her, Lisa knows she went to Auckland, Lisa knows what happened to her in Auckland and, she purposely dropped Nayeon's name in hopes that Lisa could finally come clean but the woman did not. Deep inside her, she wants Lisa to do it so her mind has no reason to oppose what her heart has been telling her to do.

But if Lisa can't even face her past, Jennie might as well go with the plan. Tit for Tat.


 

"That's it! Good job everyone!" Taemin says which effectively grabs Jennie and Chaeyoung's attention.

"It's just 5 o'clock though?" Asks one of their members while grabbing his water bottle in the process.

Taemin grins. "Early dismissal. All of you need a rest, get as much rest as you can before the program starts."

"Well, who doesn't like long rest?" One cheerfully chirped which made them laugh.

"Exactly. Now stretch and freshen up. I'll see all of you here tomorrow by 5 o'clock. Just in case our costumes need adjustments." Taemin says before looking at Jennie who smiles and nods.

"Our department will help you out." The dance club and fashion department had a long history of partnership all throughout, so whenever the dance crew needed a helping hand in terms of attire, fashion crew will automatically lend a helping hand.

Taemin nods then looks at the others once again. "That's set then. It's a wrap. Don't forget to do your downtime stretches!"

 

Lisa and Jongin went straight to the corner to finish their stretch, it's been a long day for the both of them and they plan to eat dinner then head back home to get their well deserved rest.

Lisa had some changes in her Take Me choreography to keep the element of surprise because after all, it's the same song she performed in the audition, just not the same part of the song and she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter