Chapter 13

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(a/n): apologies for not updating for so long. My mom got moderate to severe COVID-19 Pneumonia and I was isolated with her for the past 9 days in the ICU to watch and take care of her. But all is well now! We're both tested negative after her treatment! Horray!

Enough of that. Enjoy.


 

***


 

"Another blueberry cheesecake for Table 16 please." Mina says, handing the order form to Jongin who then grabs a slice from the cake fridge.

Lisa hands a newly prepared macchiato to BamBam before she says. "Jennie order another one?"

"Uh huh."

"And that's?"

"Third."

Lisa frowns. "All that sugar rush at this hour?"

Mina shrugs. "She seems having a hard time with whatever she's doing in her laptop."

"Blueberry cheesecake for Table 16, here you go." Jongin says, sliding the side plate on the counter to Mina.

But before Mina could grab it, Lisa interrupts. "Can I serve it and have you behind the counter while I am doing so?"

"Sure. I can save few minutes. My feet are burning."

Jongin grins. "We have unexpected rush today. Good thing the caramel pearls are still surviving somehow."

"That's the last bag we have though." BamBam says, he hands Jongin another order form. "Where are you going?" He asks when Lisa moves out of the counter and replaced by Mina.

Lisa grabs the side plate and a glass of water. "Handing this over Table 16."

"Jennie's?"

"Yup."

"Okay."

 

Lisa immediately walks straight to Jennie's table. The woman never left the café nor the table since she arrived about two hours ago. And they're about to close in less than an hour.
 

"All that sugar rush will not help you sleep early." Lisa says, surprising Jennie who can't stop glaring at her laptop screen. She looks up to see Lisa' smiling down at her which she, too, mirrors right immediately.

"I need it. This damn paper is about to pluck all my hairs off of me."

Lisa places the side plate and glass near Jennie's left hand. "Already having that stress before the exams?"

"Yeah, blame it to that bald english teacher who thinks having a damn term paper before exams is a good way to motivate us."

"Yikes.

"You bet." Jennie says and looks back at the counter. "Thought you're assigned behind there?"

Lisa shrugs, she wonders why she's there too. She just found herself doing all that without even thinking twice. "Mina can save a few minutes of rest."

Jennie looks around at the buzzing shop before looking at Lisa who just sits across her. "Is this kind of flock normal? On a daily basis?"

"No. Probably because it's Tuesday, we have a lot of students coming in on Tuesdays and Fridays but today probably marks the highest number."

"Oh I see." None of them talk after. Jennie is too occupied with her laptop while Lisa is trying to reboot her mind so she could get her off the chair and go back behind the counter.

"By the way, we're closing in less than an hour."

Jennie stares at her wrist watch to check the time and sighs. "Oh, I've been here for two hours? Crap. Well, you're not kicking me out right?"

Lisa shakes her head with a smile as soon as Jennie meets her eyes. "Absolutely not. Just giving you a heads up."

"Okay. Cool."

"Did you even bring your car?"

"No, I'll call my dad in a bit before you close down."

"No. Don't."

"Excuse me?"

Lisa had to stop herself from blushing at that. She also did not expect herself to say it. "I-I mean, don't call your dad. It's almost 9 o'clock."

"And? He once picked me up around 1 o'clock in the morning. It doesn't matter to him."

"What if he's asleep?"

"He sleeps late."

"What if he has a lot of things to do?"

"Could be but he always makes time."

"What if—"

Jennie cuts her off, an amused smile painting across her lips which makes Lisa gulp. "Get it straight will you? What are you implying?"

Lisa shifts on her chair before clearing . "I was saying. Uhm, I'll send you home."

Jennie softly giggles when she saw the blush on Lisa's cheeks. "You could've just told me right away."

"Nerves got in me."

"Obviously. Well sure, it's a hassle for you but I don't mind accepting the offer."

Lisa finally beams. "Really? Nice. Okay. I'll see you later."

Jennie mirrors that, Lisa's now on her feet again. "Sure. End the shift well."

"Yup." Lisa was about to turn when she remembers something so she faces Jennie again. "That's enough dessert f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter