Chapter 11

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Someone is extra chirpy today." Says one of Jennie's blockmates, they're resting in the central park of the campus near their building while waiting for their last class of the day.

Jennie looks up from texting through phone after hearing that, she instantly wiped off the smile on her face, she didn't realize she was smiling. "Huh?"

The same person says, with a grin never leaving her face. "I said, you're happy today."

"Am I not happy all the time?"

A shake of the head. "You are but you're extra happy today. Did you and oppa went out yesterday?"

She shakes her head, still not getting it. "No."

"Ah. Then he must be the one you're texting. Well, couldn't blame you. He's handsome, smart and a gentleman so I'd be happy too if I were you."
 

 

Jennie's heart started to beat fast. Who wouldn't if one of her friends would point out that she's "extra" happy while texting and found herself smiling when it was just Lisa whom she is texting with?

After that kiss from last week, the blush on Lisa's face whenever they meet inside the campus has been showing very frequently and it's such a scenery to watch. Jennie wanted to push herself to where her limit would allow her by asking Lisa for a dinner, which had been politely declined — twice by the way.

Jennie did not ask why because she doesn't want to sound very aggressive or pushy but she knew Lisa is with Jongin every night. Lisa promised her for a raincheck though, it should be tomorrow, Saturday night.

Despite Lisa's busy schedules, they have been constantly texting. Jennie also noticed a pattern in Lisa's text. No replies from 5 to 6:30 o'clock in the evening, short conversations around 6:30 to 7 o'clock then another silence before a full blown messaging session from 9:30 o'clock and onwards.

Their messages are just casual conversations though, nothing really worth noting for but Lisa never fails to send her Good Mornings, Good Noons, Good Evenings and Good Nights — add the daily reminders of taking meals on time too.

All of this started right after that kiss and Jennie loves the attention she's getting.
 

 

"Uh. I guess." Jennie awkwardly replies after a brief pause.

"You're still not official?"

Jennie is seriously getting tired of this type of questions. She gets it, her friends and blockmates like him a lot but Jennie doesn't owe them explanation so she shrugs, locks her phone, grabs her bag and stood up. "Nope, I'll just go the washroom."

"Okay."

"Don't be late!"

 

Jennie waves them goodbye before heading straight to the building's wash room.

She settles her bag at the corner before she begins washing her hands and took all time time drying them couple of minutes after. She ended up staring at the mirror and sighed.

Why can't they let her be? Right, sure he's a great catch but she could use a day without getting questions like that, it's starting to irk the living out of her.

I am probably near my time of the month to be this sensitive and unreasonable. Gosh why can't I just have a day without hearing his name from my friends' and classmates' mouths? I just—


 

"If a glare could cut a glass, you'd probably destroyed it."

Jennie was way too zoned out to even noticed someone getting in and now smiling at her through the mirror. Upon realizing who it was, it made her smile too — she noticed how infectious that smile had become to her though she would never admit that she missed seeing that personally, it's been almost a week since the last time they've had a decent conversation.

"Hey." Jennie says.

Lisa grins. "Hello. Bad day?" They're still looking at each other throughout the mirror.

"Not really. Just had too many things going on. What are you doing here in the building by the way?"

Lisa turns her tap off and moves to where the dryer is. "Our block will be attending one fashion class for collaborative project, I think."

Jennie turns to finally look at Lisa, hips leaning against the frame of the sink. "Oh? Really? Which class?"

Lisa shrugs whilst looking over her shoulder, still drying her hands. "No idea yet."
 

They went quiet for a while because some students went in. Lisa gestured Jennie to go out and the latter agreed.

They were walking through the hallway when Jennie spotted a clock around the corner. "! I'm gonna be late! I'm sorry Lisa! I gotta go!"

"I'll accompany you."

Her chest suddenly felt warmer, adrenaline maybe? "No no. You don't have to." She's now starting to increase the pace of her walk.

Lisa chuckles. "That wasn't a question."

"Huh?" Her adrenaline rush is way too strong for her to comprehend things properly.

"I said, I'll accompany you. Now let's hurry. You'll be late."

"And how about you?"

"I have 30 minutes to spare."

"Okay."
 

 

5 minutes and few onlookers noticing them — who wouldn't? The new face of the dance club and the vice president of the student council, power walking like a madman making a bee line to the 3rd floor — they finally reached Jennie's room.

Jennie was trying so hard to get her breathing to normal. "Breathe, Jen. Breathe." Lisa says.

"I.. I am." She takes one deep breath before turning to face Lisa. "So it's me." She points her thumb at the classroom.

"So I've noticed."

Jennie shakes her head before smiling. "Thank you for walking me up though you didn't really have to."

Lisa smiles and does a small wave, it was too damn adorable for Jennie not to break out another gummy smile. "Not a big deal. Now get in. Thank goodness your professor is still not around."

"Right." A small part of Jennie wanted her to ditch this class or be late just to spend another minute with Lisa but that voice had been pushed straight to the tip of her toes. "Thank you again. See you around."

Lisa's smile is still there. "No problem and absolutely."

 

Jennie gets in and notices few of her blockmates are looking straight at the door. Lisa is still there, as if waiting for her to take a sit before walking away and her presence is getting all the attention now.

"Go." Jennie mouthed.

Lisa grins, waves and finally walks away. "That woman." Jennie whispers but she couldn't deny how that small gesture made her happy.
 

It had been such a long time since someone bravely walked her up to her room other than Jisoo, Joohyun and Chaeyoung.

He never once did that to her because of some image he explained back then that Jennie easily accepted because hell, one of the most popular students in the campus was courting her though only few knew about it until he graduated.
 

"Whoa, didn't know you're close with Lisa." Says one of Jennie's blockmates who absolutely had a growing dislike towards him. Her name is Chahee.

"I'm not even sure if we are. Just friends, I guess."

"Same thing. No one other than Jisoo, Joohyun and Chaeyoung walked you to your classrooms."

Jennie shrugs, her heart beat is increasing rapidly. "Not a big deal."

"It is. No one dared to do that because — excuse the incoming french — I know a motherer sort of set a fence around you, he didn't even have the decency to do that when he's still here."

Jennie chuckles, at least she still has a friend who isn't simping over him like the others. Jennie had no idea when and why Chahee hated his guts so much but the latter would just say "He's just a pretty face bastard." when asked why.

It's a great contrast to her life honestly.

"He isn't here anyway." Jennie casually says that and it made Chahee grin widely.

"You go girl!" She raises a hand and both of them briefly high-fived each other. "I am sooooo glad you're still not saying yes to him, yes girl. them all who are trying to pressure you."

Jennie could only shake her head whilst smiling because a part of her knows she is on the same page with Chahee.
 

Their professor, Tiffany, soon came in and discussed about a project she and other professors decided to have.

"This is probably another head whacking project." One of her classmates seated at the back of Jennie mutters.

"Okay. I want everyone's attention because after this, you will be free to go."

The entire class almost hollered but stop when Tiffany raises her hand. "Before all of you throws a party, this is a collaborative project between the Fashion Department and Media Arts Department." She calmly says.

"This class and all of my other classes will be collaborating with students from MA Department. This project requires your creativity, imagination and passion. We will be having a fashion show by the end of this semester and I want all of you and the MA students that will be assigned in this class to brainstorm."

And before Tiffany could finish, one professor softly knocks to grab her attention.

"Oh. The MA students are here." She says.

The professor walks in firs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter