Chapter 16

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything happened like a blur since then. The days and nights came and ended so fast that they just found themselves celebrating in their joint class room after knowing they got the most attendance and most positive feedbacks among the other classes who also conducted fashion shows.

The month of having sleepless nights, different hiccups along the way and small injuries were all worth it. It's a secured flat A grade for everyone in both subjects and they get to exhibit their designs in the annual school exhibition where people from different departments and even big companies could buy their pieces. All proceeds will be donated to their food bank charity.

The dilemma isn't done though, a week after that is their midterm exams and again, both Jennie and Lisa would be studying together either in a café or in Lisa's condo unit where a lot of make outs would happen in every session.

They are still not making it official, at least to Lisa, she wants them to fully get accustomed to each other before asking Jennie about it again.

Nothing is rushed.

Lisa doesn't want to rush.

She knows it, she could feel it. Jennie only has her because she also notices the subtle avoidance from others who were somehow brave enough to ask her out.

Lisa is thankful for that.

So what's with the hurry?


 

"Oh God. Exams are finally done!" Jongin says as he literally collapses on the floor of the dance studio.

Lisa groans, slowly slumping herself against the mirror wall. "We have one more before this semester is done?"

Jongin has his eyes closed. "Unfortunately, yes."

Both them groan in unison.

They are silent for a few minutes, just letting their minds and bodies rest before Jongin opens his eyes and turns his head to Lisa's figure. "How are you though?"

Lisa looks at him. "I am good but if we have more exams, that would change."

Jongin laughs. "Good. You and Jennie? How is it going?"

"We're.. we're okay. Just enjoying and having fun with each other's company."

"Still not official?"

Lisa shakes her head. "You will be the first one to know if we already are."

They went quiet for a while until Jongin breaks it.

"Still don't have plans on confessing?"

"Confessing? Uh, I did? That's why we—"

"That's not exactly what I meant."

"Then wha— oh." Lisa immediately falls silent, this topic will always be inevitable if she's with Jongin which is good. It keeps her from being drowned into her own bubble.

"So?"

Lisa sighs. "Honestly.. I don't know. There were instances when I want to finally tell her about it but I got so scared and changed my mind. I plan to tell her maybe before we finally make it official."

"Maybe huh? Tsk. You're setting yourself up."

"I know."

"You know but you're not doing anything about it."

"It's not easy and you know it."

Jongin sits and frowns at Lisa. "Not easy? It is easy but you're in that stupid bubble of starting new with her so you're ignoring what needs to be done first. One of these days, you will hurt yourself."

"Stop being so negative about it." Lisa knows he's right but it pisses her off still.

"And who will remind you the reality of all this? For Christ's sake Lisa, you're about to make her officially yours yet you're still lying not only to her but to yourself."

Lisa clenches her jaws. She couldn't retaliate.

Jongin sighs. "I'm sorry for the harsh words but the truth is unforgiving. When you hide it, the eager it is to go out. Don't wait til it does that, accept the consequences of your actions. You said you're a changed person and I know that so there's no need to be afraid."
 

Seulgi and Taemin along with the others came in shortly after. No practices, just them hanging out after a tiring week but Lisa finds herself constantly getting dazed. That talk really hit her.

To clear her mind, she bids all of them a quick goodbye. Saying she'll grab early dinner first before reporting to work.





 

***




 

Jennie's phone went off, it's from one of her closest cousins — Jisoo's older sister, Jiyoon.

"Hello unnie!"

"Hello, Jendeukie. Where are you?"

"School, why?"

"Let's have early dinner? I'm in town."

"Really? Sure! Should I tell Jisoo?"

"She's probably heading back to school now. We had a quick sugar rush intake."

"Oh, okay. I'll prep up. Where should we meet up?"

 

Jiyoon proceeds on telling Jennie the address before they ended the call so she could get her things and go. Before that, she texted Lisa about it out of courtesy but she did not tell her the place.

Lisa's reply comes in just a minute saying have a great meal and have fun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter