Chapter 8

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N): make sure your connection is on, photos are added in the middle of the chapter for visual purposes

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Jennie! Over here!" Jisoo says, raising and waving her hand to grab Jennie's attention who just came out from an alley heading in and out of the backstage.
 

All officers and staffs are already in their respective positions because the program is about to start in less than 20 minutes.

Jennie did a quick check to every individual in the dance crew to see if they needed adjustments — she was kind of late because of one particular reason so instead of 5 o'clock call time, she arrived an hour late.

 

"That's one quick run you just did from the parking lot to the backstage earlier." Chaeyoung says, Jennie sits in between her and Jisoo.

Jennie takes one deep breath to relax herself before finally speaking. "Well, I was late so had to hurry up. Good thing everything is all set and ready from the program then to the dance crew."

"I think I saw one of your major professors in the backstage earlier." Chaeyoung says.

"Ah, Miss Tiffany? Yes, she's still there so the crew is in good hands."

Jisoo looks around as if trying to locate somebody before the lights are switched to dim mode. "Where is he?"

"He?"

"Oppa? Didn't you guys arrive together?"

Jennie hums. "Ah yes, he's in the alumni area."

"Oh."
 

Jennie's eyes travelaround to look for the dark haired woman whom she was not able to find in the backstage. She purposefully stayed there for almost 20 minutes just in case Lisa was in one of the private dressing rooms but Joohyun called for assistance so she couldn't stay longer.

Jongin was there though, busy getting his attire adjusted like the others. She wanted to ask him but he was too occupied with everything that was going on around him and he was also wearing his earphones.
 

"Did you see Lisa earlier?" She asks to the other two.

Jisoo frowns while letting her eyes slowly go left and right, a habit of hers when she's trying to remember something. "No. Which reminds me that I did not see her earlier, at all. How about you, Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung nods. "I did but just for a short time though. Seulgi dragged her somewhere, probably getting their fits adjusted more privately. Let me tell you.." Chaeyoung leans her upper body closer to them. ".. her attire is very very y. Like hot damn y."

Jisoo blinks for a second before laughing. "Someone is simping!"

Chaeyoung groans. "Hey! I am not! I was just saying, you'll see later."

"You're clearly simping!"

"I'm not!"

"About to."

"No!"


 

With the duo bickering in her background, Jennie's body heat suddenly fluctuates and so is the beating of her heart. Weirdly enough, it made her feel super intrigued and excited.

Joohyun sit right beside Chaeyoung this time because the program is now about to officially start. The three emcees — two females and one male, they're three of their senior officers but positions lower than Joohyun and Jennie of course — all went in the middle of the stage and the entire gymnasium uproars with cheers, whistles and claps.

The program started by the Chancellor who then welcomed every single person in the gym including the alumni and the faculty of teachers before officially starting the night.

To start the series of performances, the university's choir took the stage and followed by university's acoustic band. Intermission performances in between are magic tricks, random games that the crowd could participate and individual talents such as instruments, singing and dancing.

Then, the main event of the night, the performances of the dance club. Seulgi started it with a mind blowing performance, showcasing her abilities in hip-hop and pop and lock. The gym was filled with screams and ahhs from mostly Seulgi's own dedicated fans — no matter how weird that is.

Other solo and duo performances by the other dancers are all well received too, after all, the members of the dance club are all incredibly talented and they won't pass the audition if they don't seem fit for it.

And finally, one of the most if not the most anticipated performance of the night — Lisa and Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter