Chapter 15

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been little over three weeks since that turn of events in Lisa's car and everything seems to be going their ways.

Lisa had been fetching and dropping Jennie from and to her house almost everyday. Lisa said she wanted to spend as much time with Jennie as she could possible attain on a daily basis considering their tight schedules. Jennie didn't argue anymore, other than the idea that everything is going according to her plans, Jennie secretly likes the company too.

Jennie is liking this. Nothing is rushed. Everything feels so light, so carefree and enjoyable — totally opposite to what she had before this. Jennie won't still admit though, that this is growing inside her. Everything Lisa does and says are creating foundations in her but she refuses to accept that.

Their friends knew about it too. Jongin was the first one to somehow congratulate Lisa but still gave his bestfriend a heads up to not put her heart out in her sleeves, at least not this early.

BamBam and Mina were delighted to hear it too. They even charged Jennie's meals on their tabs the very same day Lisa told them about it, saying their friend finally won't be the outcast in their group because apparently, BamBam got into a relationship with a woman he'd been hanging out recently and Mina made it official with her long term fling.

Everything seems to be going quite well on Lisa's side.
 

 

Jennie's friends however got the shock of their lives when they knew about it. Jennie never really shares a lot of her personal happenings to them but one thing they know and certain, in no way hell Jennie would flip her preference switch that quickly.

They were fine with her breaking things off with him — Chahee was the first one to celebrate that, high-fiving and fist bumping all their clueless classmates — but they sensed something is off. It doesn't sit right.

They — Jisoo, Chaeyoung, Joohyun and Seulgi — knew her history with Lisa, and to know their current status made all of them raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure you're not pulling any plot here, Ruby Jane?" Jisoo asked after a few seconds of brief pause and shock when Jennie told them about it.

Jennie denied everything and told them people change when Chaeyoung confronted her about her ual intimate preferences.

Jennie being the most stubborn acorn in their circle so they raised their hands and stepped back knowing they won't get any specific detail but that doesn't mean they were totally giving no single care about the situation.

They happened to really like Lisa and they don't want to see her getting hurt. No one likes seeing anyone getting hurt — but not to Jennie, unfortunately.
 

 

If you're curious about Nayeon's reaction, she literally yelled at Jennie over the phone which almost made the latter drop her gadget straight to the pavement.

Nayeon was not pleased, she was irritated but more importantly, she was scared. She was scared for the two of her friends, she knows that what she's afraid of will be inevitable. Jennie will hurt Lisa, or maybe, both of them will get hurt.

If she was only in Seoul longer than she had to be, Lisa and Jennie would've made up, cleared up all their resentments and regrets before starting anew to see what happens but she wasn't.

Before the call ended, Nayeon said one last thing to Jennie, a reminder. "I told you multiple times about this but you are so selfish and too drowned with that loathe you have for her. If you hurt Lisa, trust me when I say that I will never back you up. You're all alone in this."
 

 

As for him? Well he did not stop. There were multiple occasions that Jennie saw his car parking outside the campus but she was quick enough to avoid him by going straight to Lisa's car.

He never stopped reaching out using different numbers but Jennie was smart enough to change her digits instead of dealing with him.

It's still a challenge to stop him but Jennie sees the progress recently when he finally stopped showing up.
 

 

The exam week was draining but it was over. All those joint studies Jennie and Lisa conducted — though it always ended up having long make outs — were worth it, they were certain of the majority of their answers.

The teacher's program was a successful event too so finally, Lisa and Jennie have the time to hang out again. It's weekend so Lisa has no work and Jennie is free from any weekend escapades — though most of it were with him.

Lisa dials Jennie's number which was answered just after four rings.

"Hey."

"Hello. Where are you?"

"Home. Why?"

"Are you free?"

"Kind of. I am just having yet another FRIENDS Marathon."

Lisa chuckles. "You've watched that multiple times."

"So? You got a problem?"

Lisa ended up laughing by now. "No ma'am but is it okay for you to stop watching that first and have a date with me?"

"Hm. Interesting. What do you have for me?"

"Do you fancy a quiet picnic?"

Jennie never had a picnic date before and it made her excited. "I'd love to. Where?"

"Namsan Park then we'll have dinner at N Seoul Tower, got the reservations done."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Nice. Be picking you up in 30?"

"Make it an hour. I need a shower."

"Sure, I'll get things prepped for us too."

"Okay. See you. Bye."

"Bye."
 

Lisa goes straight to her kitchen to check all the things she needed to bring in the trip while Jennie excitedly kicks her blanket off and rushes straight to the shower to get her business done.

Shortly after, Jennie and Lisa are now on their way to their destination. They've been jamming to old songs while casually holding each other's hands and throwing shy glances at each other. If you don't know Jennie's agenda, you'll think this is another display of young admiration and infatuation.

They reached the destination little under an hour because of the traffic they're forced to experience on their way there but didn't stop them from finding a perfect place to set up the picnic blanket and everything that Lisa prepared for them.
 

 

"It's a nice day today." Lisa says, eyes looking around the quiet area they chose to occupy, saves from the casual passers by.

"It is." Jennie replies, she's now drinking from a milk box. "You chose the right area."

"I've been wanting to visit this place since I flew in months ago but just couldn't find the perfect time."

"Ah. How many tourist spots have you been to?"

"Not so much. Planning to go around during fall break."

This made Jennie look at Lisa. "You're not going home? Thailand I mean."

Lisa shakes her head, grabbing a box of juice to devour. "No, I'll visit someone in Gwangju."

"Who?"

"The only person I consider as family."
 

 

Jennie doesn't want to dig deeper because they're still starting to get to know each other day by day and also because Jennie t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter