Chapter 10

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa cranes her neck to look for Jongin as soon as she got inside the café. When she saw his small wave, she power walked straight to his table and took a sit across him.
 

"Am I late?" She asks before taking a decent sip from the glass of water Jongin had offered.

He sahkes his head. "No, noona is not yet here so we're good. You got all your papers ready?"

Lisa nodded whilst tapping the clear envelope she was carrying earlier. "I think I got all of it here. You?"

He nods too. "Yup. Now we just have to wait."

 

Lisa told Jongin of her plan in hunting a part time job the following week after the welcoming party and the man was so in for it. He too wanted to try getting one despite the constant disapproval by his parents and siblings.

He had been trying to persuade them many times but he failed miserably so when he knew about Lisa's plan, he immediately opened up the same topic to his parents and because it has Lisa's name on it — an approval by default — they allowed him.

His sister then told him about this snack and coffee bar just two blocks away from their campus that's owned by one of her workmates who have been trying to look for part time workers who can take over 5 to 9 o'clock in the evening shifts.

Lucky for the duo, their classes end either 4 or 4:30 o'clock respectively so they gave it a go.

The interviews went quite well for the both of them and they got hired.

Training will start the following day for about a week before they will be left out for the remainder of the night alongside two other college students who also got hired with them — a Japanese Psychology student, Mina and a Thai Civil Engineering student, BamBam. All four of them are studying in the same university and all freshmen too.

Having no classes for the rest of the day, all four of them decided to do a mini "newly employed" celebration in a street food snack bar in Myeongdong.

They talked, shared a lot of things, and getting comfortable around each other because after all, they will not only be just workmates but also working on the same shift from Mondays to Fridays — the full time employees will take over the weekends.

They have a lot in common, all came from business oriented families, well off and absolutely don't want anything to do with their businesses so they took courses they wanted to pursue.

 

"Are we all single here?" BamBam asks after finishing his 10th fishcake stick.

"Not me." Jongin quickly replies before drinking his soda.

"And I assume the two of you are?" BamBam continues. "But don't get me wrong. I won't do anything weird or whatever you may think. Just doing this in case one of us needs a cover in the shift if time comes — relationship related wise of course."

"Makes sense." Mina replies. "I don't, well not officially."

"Oh, exclusively dating then?" BamBam asks.

Mina nods. "You can say that."

"Well okay, that's acceptable. How about you Lisa?"

"Nope."

"Now that's first and I am second. Last question, we're already past the homophobic era so I want to know so I would not offend you."

"Straight." Both Jongin and BamBam said almost simultaneously.

"Biual." Mina and Lisa said in unison.

They all laugh. "Two for two. This is so cool!" BamBam exclaims, he is slowly turning into the energy pill of the group.
 

They talked as if they had been friends for so long, none of them couldn't seem to find a heart to stop end the night so no one did until Mina's phone went off, it's a call from her mother.

That's when the time they decided to finally part ways, Jongin will be having a sleep over in his girlfriend's house so Lisa is left alone, wandering a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter