Chapter 2

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What time is your last class?" Jongin says, occupying the space across Lisa in the cafeteria.

"Four-thirty. Yours?" She replies after swallowing the chunk she had bitten earlier from the sandwich before Jongin arrived.

"Same. Let's go to the club room after?"

Lisa nods. "Plan to do just that."

"Cool. See you at? Water fountain outside your building?

"Isn't that too far from your building though?"

He shakes his head, swallows his food first before he replies. "The classroom of my last class is being moved to your building for today due to conflict room assignments, I think."

"Ah. Okay. Sure."
 

It's been two weeks since the audition and it's an understatement to say that Jongin and Lisa both gained respective popularity around the campus because they got instant fame.

People somehow recognize them anywhere they go around the campus, it also didn't help that they almost, always go around together. Lisa doesn't want it any other way though, she's still socially awkward, saved from her blockmates and Jisoo of course. She rarely had any conversation with any of Jisoo's friends aside from Seulgi — because they're clubmates — plus she had been so guarded ever since that day when she walked out of her room and had several men and women calling for her name and shrieked when she turns to look who it was from.

Lisa had only read situations like this in books and to be able to experience that first hand had an unsettling feeling inside her. She doesn't want popularity, she avoids that at all cost which is why her parents never dared to show her face to media throughout the years.
 

Lisa's already on her way to her last class of the day when Jisoo calls her up, the woman ran from the entrance of the building to where she is standing.

"Hey." Lisa says and chuckles after seeing the panting woman. "Breathe. Breathe. Why did you even run?"

"I.. I.. I thought I'm going to be late." Jisoo replies in between the ragging breaths.

"We're 10 minutes early. Breathe."

While Jisoo was trying to regain her breathing, both of them started walking towards their room assignment. "You okay now?" Lisa asks, handing a cold bottle of water that she got from the vending machine.

"Thanks." Jisoo drank almost all of it in one go. "I ran like 3 different buildings because my last professor didn't dismiss us on time!"

Lisa takes the seat few flights up from the teacher's desk. She always prefers sitting further. Jisoo takes a sit right next to her. "That's a bummer. Remind him of the time next time."

"Oh we did but that bald jerk just said "I am in charge of my time. Deal with it." Like as if he was interesting in class. I'd rather watch Barney or something than listen to him."

Lisa had to laugh at that. "You have no choice though."

Jisoo groans. "Unfortunately."
 

And their class started just right on time. Everything went smoothly until their professor told them to study the chapters they have discussed, they will have a quiz during the first 30 minutes next l session.

"Seriously, already a quiz in just two weeks?" Jisoo grumbles as she and Lisa walks out of the room towards the exit.

"He discussed a lot of chapters lately so I am not surprised at all."

Jisoo quirks an eyebrow. "And how are you so calm about this? Do you even remember what he'd discussed so far?"

Lisa grins. "Like a blur."

Both of them high-fived at that "Exactly my point. Having a quiz in just two weeks since the start of the year should be banned!"

Lisa laughs. Jisoo is indeed very amusing and entertaining. "Try telling that to the student council, maybe they're going to discuss it to the faculty." Of course she's just joking.

Jisoo isn't though. She snaps her fingers and pats Lisa's arm several times. "Aha! Good idea! I should tell Jennie."

"Jennie? She's part of SC?"

Jisoo nods. "She's the Vice and Joohyun is the Pres. Pretty cool eh?"

 

Just by the mention of Jennie's name made her automatically remember her eyes. The same exact eyes that had been haunting her ever since their first encounter two weeks ago.

Those eyes really have similarities to the pair of eyes owned by a girl she met back in Auckland. But before she could drive along her memory lane, she immediately pushes that part of her past away because it brings her nothing but embarrassment and self loathing.

Lisa then saw Jongin's waving arm after she had stepped out of the building.

 

"Do you still have classes after this?" Lisa asks Jisoo.

The latter nods. "Yup, just one more though." And her eyes immediately caught Jongin's waving arm. "Oh, going to club room?"

Lisa hums. "Yup. So.. I'll see you next session."

Jisoo grins and waves the duo a goodbye. She stares at her wrist watch and immediately sprints after seeing the time, she's going to get sore legs after all the damn running she had done today.


 

***


 

"So, we will conduct a show for the welcoming party that will be held one month from now. We will have solo sets, duo and group sets." Seulgi discussed as she flips the pages of the notebook that she had been carrying.

"All of the members need to participate in at least 2 categories I have mentioned earlier. I'll give you all the liberty to choose whichever you'd prefer."
 

Seulgi is the Vice President of the Dance Club and a senior year named Taemin is the President. Lisa had never met him yet, Seulgi said Taemin will be joining them later this week because the guy was shipped to Japan before the fiscal year had even started due to a dance competition, he's representing their school and South Korea along with other students from other universities to form a national team.
 

"Our president, Taemin oppa will be joining solo and group category and I'll have the same thing too. I'll give you 10 minutes to decide."

Jongin immedi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter