Chapter 6

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're early." Jongin says while throwing his duffle bag near the mirror.

Lisa pauses the music whilst raising an eyebrow. "What's gotten you all grumpy? It's 8 o'clock in the morning."

Jongin sighs as he changes his shirt into a loose black jersey. "Sorry. Had a bad evening and morning, literally."

"Ahhhh." Lisa could only pinpoint one person that knows how ruin Jongin's mood like this, his girlfriend. "You had an argument with her again?"

Jongin shrugs. "Just misunderstanding honestly." He then stood up to start stretching.

"You've been arguing for a week straight now though. You sure you guys are okay?"

He sighs. "I don't know. We've only been seeing each other for two months and with what? Seven to eight dates in? Never knew this could get so damn tiring."

Lisa chuckles, turning her attention back to her music player. "Relax, it's probably her time of the month."

"It is but why can't she just ask me to do this and that instead of yelling at me just because I accidentally dropped her bag of gummy bears."

That made Lisa laugh while Jongin pouts. "Mood swings, my friend. Mood swings. It's not our fault that our anatomy literally expects a baby every month and decides to commit murder when we have none. One wrong move and we will fold the world."

Lisa stands up to play a song they could vibe into while stretching. "You will be fine after this week for sure. Bring her chocolates and gummy bears or whatever food she likes to eat."

Jongin sighs again. "Planned to do just that honestly."

"Good now let's get going."

 

They only have less than a week before the welcoming party and because of that, most classes were either up for early dismissal or no classes at all to let the students focus on what they needed to get done before the party. Everything will be back to normal after it's done though — which means exams, lab works, cramming and all other things that college students normally experience.

The choreography of their group performance had been completed the following day of their first practice. All they did in the succeeding days were perfecting and improving their rotations.
 

Jongin and Lisa also decided to incorporate solo performances in their collaboration stage as introductory acts before their final performance.

Lisa will be dancing to Take Me and Jongin will be doing Wet The Bed — both choreographed by them of course.

The duo just finished their probably fourth round of practicing the entire sequence when Taemin walked in. "Oh great! You are both here."

They turned around and bowed at him. "Hello oppa."

"Hello hyung. What's up?"

Taemin walked closer to them. "We will be having a stage rehearsal today, after lunch and all of us should be there. We will practice the sequence."

"Oh? SC allowed it?"

Taemin hums. "Yes, most of the officers will be there too. Don't worry, the gym will be locked so no one would see any of our performances, just us and the officers."

"Cool. We will be there."

"Great. It'll be my first time seeing your stages too so I am excited." He winks, he heard all the talks within the club. Not to mention how Seulgi couldn't somehow stop gushing over it. With those two and Seulgi, Taemin knows that the future of the club is in good hands.

Lisa smiles shyly. "Don't expect too much oppa, might not reach your standards."

Taemins waves his hand to dismiss the comment. "Who knows. I'll see you both later. I still have to contact the others."

"Okay! See ya!"

"Let us know if you need our help in contacting them."

"Thanks!"

 

Taemin waves them goodbye before stepping out of the room, leaving Jongin and Lisa splurging on the floor to take a good rest. They only have less than 2 hours before the practice.
 

"Lunch?" Jongin offers.

Lisa nods, pushes herself up and off the floor. "Let's. Should give our stomach ample time to digest well."




 

***



 

"Is everyone here?" Taemin did a quick recount and when he confirmed their numbers, he gave the student council offers the go signal to shut down the enclosed gym center.

"To those who would want to change their clothes, the dressing room is at the back. I'll meet all of you on the stage in 10 minutes."

 

And everyone went on their ways to get ready. Jongin and Lisa followed Taemin and Seulgi on the stage and started doing their stretches again.

Lisa was finishing her routine when she felt eyes on her. Unable to stand the weird feeling, she looks around only to meet the pair of eyes she had grown to really like — Jennie's feline shaped eyes.

Jennie waves first whilst smiling and so Lisa returned the gesture. Her stomach started somersaulting at that though. She literally forgot that Jennie is part of the Student Council and God knows how her heart is currently beating so fast.

The only time she felt nervous before performance was  her first recital when she was six years old and since then, the nervousness had been replaced by anticipation of being able to perform on stage again. And right now, after more than a decade, she became a nervous wreck just by being under Jennie's gaze.


 

Jongin noticed Lisa's fast breathing and it made him look at Lisa's line of view. He then chuckled before giving Lisa a quick pat to bring her back from her reverie.

"I see that you have eyes o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter