Chapter 14

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you think Lisa will feel blissful the next day? Wrong.

She woke up late after having a hard time sleeping last night. Blame that to her brain for casually and consistently doing replays of the kiss.

She was late in her first class for about half an hour and went in in the middle of a test. God knows if she would pass that or not, she only had less than an hour to answer all the questions.

She forgot her wallet and if isn't because of Mina, she'd probably just skip lunch.

She did a quick trip back home to get her wallet only to find a ticket pinned against her windshield just by parking for less than 5 minutes. She didn't notice the "No Parking" sign, honestly.
 

"What's gotten you all pouty?" Jongin says, giving her a gentle nudge whilst taking a sit beside her. Lisa just came back from that short trip home and met up with Jongin in the pantry while waiting for the joint class.

"Bad luck. Bad day."

Jongin raises his eyebrow. "Now that's news. What happened?"

So Lisa proceeds to tell all the unfortunate events she had to experience just in the first half of her day. "We're still half way there and it's already draining." Lisa sighs, placing her forehead against her bag.

Jongin gently pats her back whilst chuckling. "Chill it out. How long did you sleep last night?"

"I don't know. Three? Four hours? And I am having a headache episode worse than having a hangover."

"Take a nap." He says as he withdraws his hand.

"How I wish I could. I only have less than an hour before the next class."

"The joint class?"

Lisa nods, still refusing to look up.

"Talk about another headache."

"Absolutely."

"No. Look up."

"No."

"Come on."
 

Lisa grumbles something in between the lines of 'Give me some peace, Jongin. I am tired.' as she slowly looks up only to meet Jennie's eyes who are already looking at her. She's with Joohyun, probably getting their late lunch.

Lisa finds herself flustering and looks away, totally missing the immediate frown from Jennie. Jongin saw it though.
 

"That pissed her off, I guess." He says and looks at Lisa.

Lisa looks at him and frowns. "Huh?"

"Look." Jongin nods his head at the same direction where Jennie is.

Lisa turns her attention back to Jennie and gulps. Jennie is still looking at her — confusion and.. irritation? painting across her face. Not wanting to poke the cat (because using bear doesn't fit here) even more, she waves at her with a small smile.

It worked somehow because Jennie's now beaming at her again. Joohyun nudged Jennie to remind her that it's finally her turn to get her meals before smiling and waving at the duo.

"I want to say you're whipped but calling you that means you already have an attachment to her and that's not good. At this point at least."

Lisa sighs and looks down at her bag. "I'll ask her later."

"You better not let your nerves get in the way again."

"I will try."

"Oh no. Don't even say you're going to try. Do it."

"Yes dad."

Jongin frowns. "I am serious."

"So am I." Lisa looks up at Jongin. She saw the irritation but most importantly, the worried look. She's thankful though, Jongin had become one of her lifelines for the past years and to have him physically around definitely keeps her grounded both mentally and emotionally.

When Jongin continues to slowly glare at her, she lands a gentle but firm jab straight to his side which made him cough. "And I got all that? So ungrateful." He protested while palming the inflicted part.

Lisa finally laughs. "Stop being so worked up about it. I appreciate the reminder and concern. I'll handle it. I promise."

"Your promises all lately."

"It won't this time."

"It better be."




 

***


 

Jennie and Joohyun immediately went back to the office after their meal to grab all their belongings for the next class. Joohyun still needs to meet up with a classmate so she went out first, leaving Jennie alone in the student council office.

She still has 30 minutes left before her next class so she keeps herself occupied to kill the time until her phone went off, it's a call coming from him.

He had stopped calling her since that evening, though they still exchange text messages, it's no longer the same as it used to be. Jennie had been finding herself getting irritated everytime she sees his messages.

His consistency used to make her day better but recently, ever since the argument they had the past week, everything turned sour.

She was happy that he wasn't persisting that much just to give her space but knowing him, he'd never stop trying — this call is the prime example.

She takes a deep breath and answers the call.
 

"Hey. Did I call at the wrong time?"

"Somehow. I have a class in less than 30 minutes. What made you call?"

"I miss you."

"..."

"You still need space, huh?"

Jennie sighs, since they're here anyway, she'd rather tell him the truth. "Yes."

"It's been four days, Jennie."

"You're not technically giving me space."

"I am! I did not call you nor drive up there to see you. Aren't those enough?"

"You're still texting."

"So? Those were just texts."

"Sure, but your constant texts weren't exactly giving me enough time to think things through and get over my irritation."

Jennie hears him sigh through his nose. "Weren't we like this everytime you ask for space back then? You were okay with the texts."

"I never said that it's okay for you to text me when I needed space."

"Okay? But you did not say anything."

"Right but you should already have a clue that I needed a total shut off. And you calling me again though I did not give you a go signal just yet proves my point."

"It's been four days, Jennie." The irritation in his tone is slowly making its presence known and it irritates Jennie even more.

"It doesn't matter if it's four days or a week or two, respect my decision for once!"

"Why are you like this? Is there already someone else?"

Jennie frowns. "What the hell are you even talking about?"

"The longest 'space' you needed was two days, Jennie. It's been four days and you're still pissed, resentful and annoyed. I can't help it."

"You're totally aware that this is different or are you trying to convince yourself that it's not? Because news flash oppa, you know exactly how I feel when you were pressuring me to give you an answer. And now what? Trying to divert all of this to "having someone else"? Are you being for real right now?"

He sighs. "Okay, okay. I am sorry. I just.. I just miss you. I am sorry for saying all that too."
 

It's always been like this, this is not the first time he tried to pus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter