Chapter 18

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(a/n): quick double update.



 

***


 

It's been couple of weeks since that faithful day of the confrontation and three things have been very constant on a day to day basis.

One, Lisa continuously and deliberately ignores and avoids Jennie and her friends, either in school or if they'd accidentally meet somewhere.

Two, Jennie has been constantly going to the café, asking — more like begging — Lisa to talk to her. It's been hard and Jennie gets nothing but cold shoulders. She goes in an hour before Lisa's shift ends having high hopes of finally fixing everything but goes out a minute before the café closes with a crashed heart, another day, another rejection.

Three, Jongin, BamBam and Mina take turns of whoever will be sending Jennie out of the café and apologizing on behalf of Lisa's part. Jongin had gotten over his irritation towards Jennie and her friends after seeing her crying few blocks from the café when he was on his way home. He saw regret, longing and pain there. Genuinely.
 

People may think it's petty and unnecessary for Lisa to do all of this but Jongin understands where it is coming from. Either she came clean or not, playing someone's feelings and heart shouldn't exist in the first place.

But that doesn't mean Jongin is not getting irritated to all of it.


 

"It's been almost a month and you're still doing this."

Lisa looks up from her book, she doesn't understand what she's reading anyway. "Huh?"

They're in the café's employee lounge area, waiting for their shift. "You heard me." He takes a sit on the recliner across Lisa's chair.

"I am not doing anything."

Jongin frowns. "Oh yeah? You've been avoiding all of them."

"You know why I am doing it."

"I thought I do but now I don't know."

Lisa's eyebrow arches up. "Excuse me? Did you forget what she and they all did to me?"

"How could I forget?"

"Then that should be your answer."

"And you exactly also know you've not given them a single chance to explain, have you?"

"There's no need for that! For Christ's sake! They toyed me point blank period!"

"Relax."

Lisa closes the book harshly. "How can I relax?! You, of all people, know everything they did and you expect me to let them explain? Come on!"

"At least listen to them."

"And then what? Listen to their lies?! that."

Jongin had enough. "You know what? You've been so unfair to them and to Jennie. Jisoo, Chaeyoung, Seulgi and Joohyun all have been trying so hard to talk to you every chance they get despite getting absolutely nothing."

He frowns, he's not letting Lisa speak unless he's done. "Don't act like you owe nothing to Jennie because you ing do. Whatever the you are trying to say and reason out to justify your actions, you lied right in front of her face. Both of you did."

"What she did was wrong, I totally side with you on that but you! Acting like you've done nothing wrong is just not going to sit right to me. You're not the one who've seen them cry and get hurt whenever you sent them away or ignore them especially Jennie so you can't feel how remorseful they are."

He sighs. "Jennie's trying and she's been coming here everyday for more than two weeks, she got her loyalty card after all those teas and coffees she purchased on top of that. All she wants is a small chunk of your time to hear her out."

"You owe that to her. You owe that to yourself. Don't tell me you don't have any question as to why she did all that? Don't tell me you're not curious why?"

Jongin waits for her answer but Lisa clenches her jaws and looks away. Jongin struck a nerve and he knows it. "Just hear her out, Lis. You don't have to forgive her right then and there. Listen and you might as well explain to her too. You both deserve that closure."

He stands up to prepare himself for his shift. "You heard Jisoo saying they tried to stop Jennie. Listen to them and listen to me." He shakes his head. "You've been ignoring my advices so maybe this time you'd consider my words. They've known you in just a short amount of time and yet they're giving all their efforts to make mends with you because if I were them? I'll let you rot in anger for hell I care."

He says before he disappears inside their changing room, leaving Lisa harshly wiping a lone tear that managed to escape her eyes off of her cheek.




 

***



Please Subscribe to read the full chapter