Chapter 5

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, how did you and Jongin meet?" Jennie strikes up a conversation when the waiter left their table to get their orders ready.

"He was an exchange student back in high school. We literally met on his first day, I am the only one who can speak Korean in that school so I guess he had no choice but to stick with me throughout his two years." Lisa had to grin at that memory before sipping from a glass of water.

"Must've felt like hell being in an unknown environment though."

"He said that once too, that man was impulsive and very adventurous during his early teen years which unfortunately led him straight to hell zone."

"But it should be blessing in disguise too."

Lisa raises an eyebrow. "Why so?"

"Because he met a friend, that's you." Lisa suddenly felt so shy after hearing that. "Does he know how to speak Thai?"

Lisa shakes her head. "He understands and could read Thai but not so much of a conversationalist though. He s up his pronunciation so he gave up."

Jennie giggled. "Oh I see."
 

They went quiet when their orders finally came. They stopped talking, except for the casual conversation in between of course, until they finished their meal.
 

Jennie sips from her drink with her eyes looking straight to Lisa's figure who's trying to separate a spinach from her own serving while trying not to wince and she finds that very amusing. "What are you doing?"

Lisa looks up and then looks back down to finish what she was doing. "I hate spinach."

"You do? But it tastes great though?"

"Nah uh, its after taste tastes weird and no one can tell me otherwise."

Jennie had to laugh at that. "Cute." She mumbles against the rim of the glass.
 

Lisa heard it though and she could've sworn she felt the heat climbing straight through her neck to her face but she did not say anything. She then ate all the spinach-less serving before grabbing her glass of water to take a sip.

Jennie is now checking her phone while letting Lisa take all the time she needs to finish her meal. Lisa's eyes carefully wander at the view right in front of her.

Lisa still remembers how and what the 8-year old Jennie looked like. Jennie had gotten prettier, though she was never not good looking in the very first place but with her big round glasses removed, no sand or dirt on her face, she had turned to a very attractive woman right in front of Lisa's eyes.

Jennie still has those plump cheeks she once wanted to slap just to stop her from being so loud. Jennie's eyes had become prominent. Not sure if it's because of how she did her eyeliner but her eyes had become even fiercer than it used to be. It's downright very attractive.

She gulps. She knows she's obviously attracted to Jennie. To the woman from her past that she can't even confront and say sorry to.
 

Why can't Lisa apologize though? Easy, she can't sacrifice their current situation, she knows that if she ever tells Jennie about it, the woman will absolutely hate her! To. The. Core.

Or maybe she would, some of these days, but definitely not now.
 

Lisa's eyes travel all the way down to her arm and noticed a long but fading scar. She gulps, she remembers something back then and her curiosity had gotten worse of her.

"Jennie?"

Jennie looks up from her phone. "Yes?"

"Where did you get that scar?"

"What scar?"

Lisa points at her own arm — the scar went from Jennie's lower arm all the way across her elbow and stops a few centimeters from it. "Oh." Jennie looks at it for a while.

"Fell from a moving bike back in Auckland and fractured my arm."

"Oh." She could finally breathe. "Why with such long scar though?"

Lisa looks up to meet Jennie's eyes and she thought she saw anger but it disappears as soon as Jennie blinked. "I had another surgery a few days after I got cleared out."

"Why? Did you happen to trip or something?"

Jennie hums. "Yeah, I tripped out of anger because this kid in Auckland went to our playground just to insult me and my friend. Of course I couldn't let that pass. I was about grab the collar when I tripped. Used my hands to lessen the impact only to fracture my arm again. The surgery didn't take place about 2 days since the incident so I was still able to play the next day with an arm sling and that kid went there to harass us again."

Lisa gulps. "You mean that kid was the reason why you got that?"

Jennie shakes her head. "Not entirely but that kid for sure contributed the most."

"How so? Did she try to push you or anything?"

Jennie shakes her head again. "No but without her provocative words, I would've just ignored her."
 

Lisa tried not to clench her jaws at that, her guilt is once again getting the best out of her, it's eating her up again like how it did throughout the years. Lisa rarely has regrets in life because she wants to live the most out of it but the events in Auckland surely is one of her if not the biggest regret in her life.

She felt terrible.
 

"She must be the reason why you had bad memories in Auckland, huh?" Lisa spoke after several seconds of silence.

"Yeah. Couldn't really remember a thing that happened before that second fracture. Hers stood out the most." Jennie replies, eyes just observing Lisa's. "By the way, how did you know it's a she?"

Lisa looks back at Jennie, she was trying not to look so surprise to not be suspected by Jennie or something.  . Did I say she? What the hell, Lisa. "Oh I did?"

Jennie nods. She noticed the eyes shifting though. "Yep."

"Must've been because it's the pronoun I regularly use."

"I see." Jennie went quiet for a moment.

Why can't you just come clean?

! Why is she staring at me like that? Holy .

"How about you?" Jennie says after a while.

"How about me?"

Jennie nods. "Do you have any regrets in life?"

Lisa gulps and immediately looks down to stare at her empty plate. "I do, honestly."

Jennie leans forward, intrigued. "Mind sharing? It's okay if yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter