Chapter 12

QUITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa hurriedly pulls the car keys out of the ignition after she had parked the car, almost had to run to the door and cranes her neck to find where Jennie is sitting.

 

When she did, she makes big steps, swiftly avoiding collision in the process. She overslept, reason why she’s 10 minutes late. Taking a nap was such a bad idea but her body needed healing after a tiring week.

 

 

 

“Hey. Sorry. Have you been waiting?” Lisa says while taking a sit across Jennie.

 

Jennie looks up from her phone with a smile and chuckles upon seeing the obvious panic in Lisa’s face. “Not really. Didn’t even notice the time.” 

 

Lisa’s eyes are still half way open so Jennie continues. “How long did you take a nap?”

 

“I don’t know. Probably 3 hours.”

 

“No wonder, your eyes are still half way there.”

 

Lisa embarrassingly turns her head away and blinks forcefully, in attempt to get rid of any signs. Lisa knows she’s unsuccessful so she faces Jennie again with a small pout. “Sorry again for being late.”

 

Jennie dismissed it by waving her hand, still smiling though. “All good. Let’s order?”

 

“Let’s.”

 

 

 

 

They shared casual conversations while waiting for their orders and ignored their phones for the rest of it despite Jennie’s phone going off a lot of times — it’s him, he won’t stop texting or calling. Well, they had an argument yesterday hence the constant reach out which pissed Jennie off even further.

 

Lisa couldn’t stand it though.

 

 

 

“Uh, I think you should get that first.”

 

“Nah, it’s okay.”

 

“That’s maybe important.”

 

“It is not. Trust me.”

 

Lisa shakes her head. “No, go ahead and take it first. I won’t go anywhere anyway.”

 

Jennie stares at Lisa’s firm and confident eyes, she sighs. “Okay. I’ll be right back. Stay where you are.” Grabs her phone and stands up.

 

Lisa chuckles. “Where else would I go? I’ll be here.”

 

 

 

 

Jennie excuses herself and goes straight to the exit of the restaurant to answer his call.

 

 

 

“Thank goodness you answered.”

 

“What do you want, oppa?”

 

“You’re still mad at me. I’m sorry. Please.”

 

“Of course I am plus you’ve been constantly calling me and that’s pissing me off even more.”

 

“Okay okay. I am sorry. I am sorry for pressuring you to make us official last night. I knew I went in too much and too far and I should’ve not done that. I am also sorry for the constant texts and calls, I couldn’t sleep properly last night after our argument.”

 

Jennie sighs. “It’s all good. Just.. give me space to clear out my head.”

 

“I will. I am sorry.”

 

“Forgiven.”

 

“Thank you. Have you had dinner?”

 

“I’m getting one with a friend.”

 

“Who?” His tone immediately changes and Jennie catches that.

 

“A female friend. Can you please stop using that tone on me? You know damn well you don’t have any hold of who I should be with. This is why Chahee hates you so much.”

 

She hears him snorts mockingly. “She hated me even before knowing who I am.”

 

“You gave her reasons to. Sigh.” Jennie instinctively looks back only to see Lisa talking to a woman she doesn’t recognize, that paints a frown on her face.

 

“Jennie, still there?”

 

“Huh? Yeah. What were you saying?”

 

“I said just let me know when I can call you again. Enjoy your dinner.”

 

“Uh.. yeah. Sure.” Jennie says, frowning while still looking at Lisa’s smiling figure.

 

“Okay. I gotta go. Bye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

 

 

Jennie blindly ends the call with her eyes still glued at the duo inside. She does not understand why she’s getting irritated by it so she huffs, exhaled loudly before walking back in.

 

Lisa immediately notices the walking figure, she smiles at Jennie only to see the slight frown.

 

 

 

“Hey, you okay?”

 

Jennie nods while taking a sit. “Yeah. Just talked to someone that’s giving me headache but it’s all good now.”

 

“Okay.” Lisa then looks back at the figure still standing beside her. “Oh Jennie. I forgot to introduce you. This is Mina. Mina, this is Jennie.”

 

“I know, who does not recognize her? Hello Jennie.” Mina says, smiling while offering a hand for a handshake.

 

She’s pretty too. Jennie thought and meets the hand for a brief hand shake. “Hello Mina. Oh wait, Lisa’s workmate?”

 

Mina smiles. “Yup and as much as I would like to have a longer chat, I need to go. My friends are waiting.”

 

Lisa turns her body slightly to look at where Mina is pointing at. “Oh I see. Well, go. See you Monday.”

 

“See you. Nice to meet you again Jennie.” Mina slightly bows. 

 

“Should I still pick you up by Monday? You still have the same schedule, right?”

 

Mina nods. “I do but it’s all good, got my car just this morning. But you and the boys can hitch a ride.”

 

Lisa smiles. “We’ll decide on the spot. Bye.”

 

Mina mirrors the smile, waves before walking away.

 

Lisa waves her hand at her group of friends before looking back only to see the still Jennie.

 

“I don’t think you’re okay.”

 

Jennie did not even notice that she’s frowning. “I am.”

 

“You are not. Get rid of that frown, you’ll get wrinkles. Jennie rolls her eyes at that making Lisa chuckle. “Girl, the attitude.” Lisa continues.

 

 

 

Their orders soon came and they started eating. Lisa tried to lighten up the mood which was a success because the frown on Jennie’s face was no longer there and the woman’s already beaming at this point.

 

Lisa found herself in a dilemma though because her growing admiration towards Jennie is slowly rattling her. Not only was she not yet able to apologize to Jennie yet but also because she’s falling for a straight woman. A doomsday.

 

Plus the memory in the parking lot few weeks ago still haunts her.

 

She turns silent for a while and Jennie notices that.

 

 

 

“You okay?”

 

Lisa nods. “Yeah, just have a lot of things in mind but it’s all good. Were you saying something when I spaced out?”

 

“No, are you sure you’re okay? We can talk about it.”

 

Lisa shakes her head. “No, it’s okay. Let’s get the dessert.”

 

 

 

Of course Jennie noticed and deep down she knew what’s that all for. The look that Lisa is giving her screams everything. It’s the look of regret, guilt and admiration — a combination that’s set to hurt someone and that someone will surely be Lisa. She’s now falling into Jennie’s trap — hard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“And we’re here.” Lisa said as she slowly parks the car. Jennie purposely rode a bus earlier so Lisa could give her a ride home. Of course Jennie did not tell Lisa about it, her alibi was that she missed having to commute.

 

Lisa won’t ever allow her to ride a public transportation going home so she instinctively offered her a ride, Jennie immediately accepted — goal achieved for her.

 

 

“Thanks for the ride, Lisa.”

 

“No problem. It saves you the hassle of riding a bus.”

 

“True but I still love it.”

 

“Oh? Should we drive back to the restaurant and let you ride a bus then?”

 

Jennie playfully rolls her eyes with a giggling Lisa. “Sassy little—“

 

“You are though.”

 

“What?”

 

“Sassy and little.”

 

“Yah!”

 

Lisa finally laughs this time. “I’m just kidding. Thank you for tonight. I’ll see you Monday.”

 

 

 

Jennie hesitates for a bit, she doesn’t know why but the events from him to the things she was forced to witness with Lisa’s friend, she threw all the cautions out of the window and she leans in to land another peck on Lisa’s cheek.

 

It was so fast and so sudden that Lisa was not able to react — again! — and Jennie got away of that in a hurry — again! Lisa’s blushing furiously, dazed and her heart is beating fast.

 

 

“Oh my God! Not again.” Lisa grumbles after finally noticing Jennie’s absence in her car.

 

 

Jennie is not looking any better though. She ran straight to her room, only dropping a brief “Good Evening.” to her confused and surprised father who’s watching news in the living room, she is blushing.

 

She decides to take a shower to cool herself down and get the memory of Lisa’s blushing face off of her memory.

 

 

“Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s up with you?” Jongin asks after finishing his juice.

 

Lisa looks up from her plate. “Nothing.”

 

“It’s not nothing if you’ve been staring at your food for 10 minutes without even touching it.”

 

“I don’t know. I suddenly feel full.”

 

“Let me have that then.” He says, immediately grabbing the bacon sandwich off of Lisa’s tray.

 

 

 

It’s been three days since that incident and she still couldn’t get that off her memory. The smoothness and softness of Jennie’s lips against her cheek had been haunting her and would instantly make her blush — luckily, the café was bustling with crowd for yesterday’s shift, effectively not giving her any time to daydream about it.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter