Love.

We're brothers, right?

 

 

When Sehun hears that Luhan is staying over at Jongin's, it burns. It hurts. It scares him.

 

Jongin is not trust worthy at all, he can do anything to Luhan. While Luhan is just... Luhan.


Sehun judges the older male with so much innocence which the tanned male can take advantage of. The mere thought makes his fist clench tightly, his knuckles turning white.
The alone way back home makes him realise how weird it feels; how empty it feels. Weeks by weeks flying by and the presence of Luhan has turned so strong that Sehun finally notices.

 


"I'm home." Sehun says expecting his mother to answer back, but she never does. Heading straight to his room, Sehun yawns. A yellow post-stick note is there at the entrance of his and Luhan's room saying that she is out for groceries.

 

Heaving up a sigh, Sehun looks at his brother's room longingly for a few seconds before entering his own.

 

 


"Did I mess it up again?" Sehun exhales once he lays flat against his back and stares at the ceiling above blankly. "Hyung?" he whispers to himself, hand reaching out to rest at the cold wall which separates the duo's room. Closing his sharp eyes, Sehun tries to comfort himself but to no avail. His thoughts are going wild as he pictures every scenarios between him and Luhan now.

 

All Sehun wanted was to be honest with his brother, letting his feelings out, not ruin the moment and create some sort of uncomfortableness between them. 

 

Seeing Jongin and Luhan together makes his blood boil, makes him feel inferior but why isn't his brother seeing all this. His heart tightens at the thought of his Luhan hyung with someone else. How dare Jongin land his lips onto Luhan's. What right did Jongin have? Who even kisses their best friend like that? 

 

"Oh wait," Sehun mumbles to himself when he realises that who even kisses their brother like that? To make it worse, feel possessive over their brother like that. He has no right to feel weird about Jongin when he himself is doing the same thing. What right does Sehun have? The thought sickens him, so Sehun tries to deny them with poor excuses.

 

Letting out a groan, Sehun tries to erase the memory of him confessing to Luhan. Just in the heat of the moment, Sehun had said what he wanted to. A tinge of pink creeps across his face as he clearly remembers the shocked expression given by the Chinese male.

 

 

 

//

Luhan's doe eyes were as big as saucers when he had looked Sehun in the eye. Sehun could clearly see that his brother was shocked and something unreadable. Luhan had pinched himself once, twice- no thrice times when he couldn't believe what Sehun was blurting out. It was obviously weird, brothers don't say words like that. The silence was too overwhelming. 

 

Sehun swore that he saw those red cheeks though.


It didn't take another thought when Sehun leaned and claimed Luhan's lips once again to prove his point. The younger male's desire fulfilled; recapturing those lips, removing the mark caused by Jongin and replacing them with his.

 

//

 

 


The sudden ring of his phone wakes him up from his train of thoughts. "Hello?" Sehun manages to answer, eyes unfocused as he hears the familiar voice that he had wanted to hear for so long (though it's only been couple of hours or so). 

 

"Sehunnie..." Luhan's velvety voice eases the younger male's heart as a sudden smile starts to creep across his face. Wasn't he worried just now? 

 

"Hmm," 

 

"..." A pause finally makes Sehun to focus. Was something wrong? Did Jongin-


"Hyung, I'm coming over don't worry. I'll be there as quickly as I can!" Hurrying out of his room, Sehun bolts off. Heart clenching at the thought of not being able to protect his older brother makes him angry at himself. That Jongin will get another piece of me, Sehun thinks.


"S-Sehun, w-wait everything's fine!" At that, Sehun stops at his track; front door wide ajar. "I just called to check up on you. Mom didn't pick up her phone so I was worried."

 

Oh. "Oh," Sehun heaves up a sigh of relief, massaging the bridge of his nose. Getting back inside and closing the door shut, Sehun bites his lower lip anticipating how to converse with Luhan. His brother. 


"Have you eaten yet?" Luhan finally asks with an unreadable voice, making Sehun uncomfortable. 

 

"Don't have an appetite."  


A pause. 

 

Sehun hears a groan in the background and a muffled "no". He hears Luhan beg and then there's a loud shuffling. Furrowing his brows, Sehun glues his ear even closer to his phone (if that's possible). 


"H-Hello," 

 

"Sehunnie, come over." 

 

"W-What," 

 

 

"Come here to me," Luhan whispers softly and it wouldn't have been possible to hear if Sehun's ear weren't stuck to his phone.

 


Sehun's face burns.


///


Ringing the doorbell of his enemy's house seems hilarious as Sehun mentally prepares himself. After a ring, the door slung opens revealing a half Jongin. The older of the two glares at him, arms crossing over his chest. 


Sehun had thought that Jongin accepted and invited him over but, by the looks of it, Luhan forced him somehow. 

 

"Hey," Sehun plays with the hem of his tee, chewing his thin lips and looking over the tanned male's shoulder to search for that one person.


"What." Jongin's bitter voice grabs the attention of his sight.

 

"Just let him come in Jonginnie." And there he is. 

 

The person Sehun was dying to see.

 

Luhan's blonde hair sticking out in every direction as he casually wore an unfamiliar baby blue sweatshirt which was too big for his frame (and it obviously isn't his, Sehun concludes) and a knee length cotton shorts. Averting his sharp gaze towards his older brother's face, Sehun spots those rosy cheeks again. 

 


Luhan is not looking Sehun in the eye.

 

 

"You look stupid." Jongin's voice retreats him back as Sehun clears his throat and steps inside, pushing the dancer aside. 

 

When Sehun is in front of the older male, Luhan's face grows redder and he quickly diverts his gaze back to the floor. Seeing Sehun up close makes him fidgety. 

 

 

There are countless of things he wants to say to Luhan at that moment. 

 

 


Look at me.

 

 

 

Smile at me.

 

 


Welcome me.

 

 

 

"Can you take my bag, please hyung?" 

Bitterly smiling, Sehun extends his hand where his belonging is.

 

///


Jongin's room is small. 

The walls were plastered with posters and photographs. Mostly photographs of him and Luhan. 

Luhan and Jongin when they were 9  years old (Sehun guesses). Little Jongin had a huge smile, head locking little Luhan who tried to cover his face.

The next picture followed the same pattern, with their age growing and growing. The final picture, Sehun spots, is the present of only Luhan. Blonde locks carelessly sprawled over his face, but not enough to hide his closed eyes. His baby face was laying flat on the desk, lips slightly puckered up. 

 


Sehun's gaze softens at that sole picture. 

 

It's too beautiful, he thinks.

 


"It's my favourite picture." Jongin's deep voice brings Sehun out of his admiration. He sees Jongin's gaze softening too. "There's something different about you when you look at him." The tanned male's gaze never leaves Luhan's picture as he states.

 

Sehun furrows his brows in confusion, giving his full attention to his supposed enemy. Before Sehun can interject, Luhan appears with two glasses of juice.

 

 

"I hope you guys are not killing each other," with an awkward laughter, Luhan hands one of the drink to his friend and the other one to his brother. 

 

 

Their fingers touching slightly. 

 


"Oh we'd love to," Jongin remarks, sitting at the edge of his bed as he motions Luhan to take a seat beside him. The older male follows earning an eye twitch from Sehun. "By the way Lu, I think we got to cook. Mum and dad are staying over at my uncle's tonight."

 


Jongin hooks an arm around the older male.

 

Sehun's fist clenches.

 

"What do you want me to make though?" Luhan asks, eyes darting from Jongin and then to Sehun hesitantly. 

 

"Ramen."

 

"Kimchi fried rice."


Luhan blinks for a few seconds, "uhmn-"


"No ramen, hyung" Sehun states fiercely and Jongin replies with his choice harshly. The dancers throws daggers at each other as they stare intently at each other. 


Luhan scrunches his face in displease as he wants to please them both equally but to no avail. 


In the end, Luhan decides to make ramen because this is Jongin's house. Sehun blows a raspberry as he crosses his arms over his chest and sits on the floor with his long limbs criss-crossed. 

 

When the food is decided and both Luhan and Jongin goes to the kitchen, Sehun stays behind because 1. He can't do any kitchen work (except dish washing) and 2. It hurts to see Luhan avoiding him constantly.


Lying flat on the bed, Sehun looks through all of his surroundings. Quickly jerking his head up, Sehun makes his way across the room near the wall. He looks thorough the photographs again, slender fingers running across each of Luhan's travel in youth. Sehun doesn't remember Luhan having a bowl cut. He doesn't remember the time when Luhan had braces on. He doesn't remember when Luhan took them off. Sehun has no idea, he doesn't know any of this.


Until his hand rests to the final picture.


He knows this one though. He clearly remembers Luhan's sleeping face next to his. Sleeping like a cocoon with all the blanket covering him, soft snores audible. Sometimes mumbling incoherent words, sometimes mumbling his name. Only this matters, right? Although Sehun wasn't there for Luhan's past, he sure feels like walking forward with Luhan's present.

 


Sehun hears Luhan and Jongin laugh downstairs and frowns slightly. Biting his lower lip, Sehun decides to un-tack Luhan's solo picture. 

 

 

 

Jongin won't be keeping this. 


///


Sehun is in charge of washing dishes, and he feels useful this time. Luhan takes care of drying the dishes and Jongin decides to make bed. 

 

Just the two brothers now, Sehun feels that same choking atmosphere he received when he kissed Luhan. Gulping the lump of saliva that formed on his throat, Sehun decides to break the silence. 


"Ah h-hyung, can you pass me that plate please?" Just great Oh Sehun, way to start the conversation. 


With silence, Luhan hands over the dish. 


"Are you going to stay here tomorrow too?" A nod escapes from his older brother, "the day after that? And then the day after after that?" Sehun stops doing the chores as he directs his sight to his silent brother. Frustration zooms in as Sehun marches forward and clutches Luhan's arms harshly. 


"S-Sehun it hurts," Luhan gasps out, still not giving in. 


"Hyung, look at me when you're talking to me. Hyung," the younger's voice slowly trails, anger vanishing as quickly as it came and lacing with desperation. Sehun's hands drops to his side, searching for that familiar doe eyes to look back at him affectionately.

 


Luhan clearly knows how this feels like. He's been there before countless of times. 


It's awful to feel.

 

It's painful.

 

He doesn't want Sehun to feel this way. 


"Come here Sehunnie," he says, his arms wide open as an invitation. He finally looks up to his younger brother, nearly breaking his heart at the sight of Sehun. 

 


Without hesitation, Sehun launches himself forward into Luhan's arms.

 

 

Into his home.

 


///

 

After the chores, the trio plans the sleeping structure. 

 

Sehun strongly opposes Luhan and Jongin sleeping together. But Sehun and Jongin both mainly opposes when Luhan suggests that the younger males should share the bed. There is no way. The suggestion itself earns Luhan gagging sound from the dancers and he can't help but release a little giggle. 

 


In the end, Jongin and Luhan shares the bed (much to Sehun's dismay) and the younger male sleeps on the floor. Jongin decides to play the it's-his-house-so- it's- his- rules- card which would have been ignored by Sehun if it isn't for Luhan, who happily agrees.

 


After turning the lights off and Luhan wishing the dancers a soft 'good night', Sehun faces where Luhan would be if there was no height of the bed. A part of him is content, whereas the other part of him feels lonely no matter how short their distance is. He wants to feel that emotion of coming home again, but with Luhan above all he can do is replay what happened today.


The younger male closes his eyes and thinks about all the things that happened today. It strikes him up that all of the happenings solely focused on Luhan. It starts with his brother, ends with Luhan. A small smile graces his face unconsciously as he feels a warm sensation rush across his skin. 

 

Only Luhan gives him this feeling.

 

 


"Sehunnie," a small voice crashes his train of thoughts as his eyes snap open. Sehun tries to picture Luhan in the dark, but to no avail. When he realises that Luhan is waiting for him to respond, Sehun hums softly. "Are you okay down there?" 

 


"I'm fine hyung. Is that guy awake too?" Sehun asks curiously, after all it's only been what- couple of minutes passed before the goodnight. 


"He sleeps like a corpse, Jongin's already asleep," Luhan chuckles as he shuffles and peeks down (Sehun thinks he sees a bundle of fluffy hair). "Are you sure you are fine-fine?" 

 

"I'm fine hyung, don't worry." Sehun reaches out, extending his hand to ruffle the soft locks affectionately. Sehun carries on lovingly and they both stay in comfortable silence. "Hyung," his hand stops midway when he feels Luhan land his own on top. 


Gently squeezing the younger's hand, Luhan holds and slowly cascades it down to his face, and then to his lips. 


Sehun feels a soft pressure applied to his hand as he gets lost into that familiar warmth again. "Good night Sehunnie," Luhan whispers as he lets their hands intertwine and while connected, let it drop from the bed so it will be comfortable for Sehun. 

 

 

 


And it hits Sehun so hard all of a sudden. 

 

 

The reason why he is at peace now.

 

 

 

The reason why he feels possessive. 

 

 

 

The reason why he feels at home.

 

 

 


The reason why he loves Luhan.

 

 

"Goodnight hyung."

 

 

 

///

A/N- 

I want to first thank my hyung who is giving me the push to carry on writing.


Hello to all my lovelies! I am so sorry that it took ages for me to update this crappy chapter T^T Writers block is a pain in the and I seriously can't deal with it! I just want to say thank you for supporting this story and I seriously mean it. I love you guys for reading this story and also loving our april boys. 

I would also like to thank you for the up votes! There are so many stories out there who deserves the featuring and I never thought that one of my work would be featured, but man I nearly cried! So thank you!

I want to apologise that the anticipated chapter was ty and you can think of this as a filler chapter I guess. I gave my best for this chapter and I hope that you all like it. I will update soon (i'm spazzing over Sehun's teaser and that damn hunhan feels)


Please carry on commenting and subscribing and feel free to message me here, on instagram (jongout-) and tumblr (hunhan1234) if you guys ever feel like complaining. 


I love you man.