- Change

We're brothers, right?

Chapter 1.


--

 


 

 

The sun was shining brightly, nearly blinding me. Winter was gone and summer has just begun. A new season and a new start for me.

 


 

 

 

Se Hun rubs his eyes, stretching as he does so. It is Monday and a fresh start of his senior year. He is excited, yet he was having a mental nervous breakdown at the same time. The thrill and excitement coming at him, mixed emotions displayed as he exhales a long breath. He slowly gets up from his bed and walks toward the bathroom groaning. He hates to wake up early in the morning, but it's school, no more dozing off until noon.

 

Slipping off from his sweatpants, he turns on the shower. The warm water hitting his milky white skin, toned body as he closes his eyes and enjoys this peaceful moment. Smiling softly as he hums one of his favourite song as he runs a hand through his hair. This day is going to be fine, he thinks.

 

 

After having a quick 10 minutes shower, he makes his way towards the corridor, lazily patting his hair to dry the wetness as he continues to hum his favourite song. When he reaches the end of the corridor, his sharp eyes are invaded by no other than his older ‘brother’, Luhan. The older male smiles warmly as he greets Sehun with a beam of monday morning energy. “Good morning Se Hun”


Se Hun ignores the other male’s presence as he swiftly walks past him, brushing his shoulder against the older male harshly. Luhan dejectedly looks at Sehun's retreating back, biting his lips as he casts his gaze down. Earlier's energy deeming.

 

 


This has happened for the past twelve years. Se Hun constantly ignoring the older male and the older male always making an effort. Luhan once swore that he and Sehun would be the best brothers who everybody will envy one day, but maybe it's a bit too much to ask for.

 

 


Lu Han sighs as he checks his watch, which reads 7:17.

 

 

---

 

“Thanks mom, I gotta go” Se Hun says after finishing his breakfast as he makes his way towards the front door, but is stopped when his mother says to wait for Lu Han. Se Hun impatiently waits for Lu Han, eyeing the older male who is eating his breakfast ever so slowly, taking his time to finish every tiny crumbs of bread. “Aish..” he mumbles to himself, tapping his foot at an unsteady rhythm. Can't he see that Sehun is waiting for him? Chewing on his lower lip annoyingly, Sehun darts his gaze at the clock which was hanging up in the wall.

 

 

“Thank you for the breakfast” Lu Han claps his hand in delight and bids his farewell to his mother. When he wears his school shoes, his eyes catches on his younger brother who was impatiently waiting for him. Quickly wearing his shoes and getting out of the house, Luhan mumbles a soft apology which Sehun ignores.

 

The walk to school is awkward. Both, Se Hun and Lu Han wouldn’t converse to each other, but Lu Han being the sensible and the older one, he thinks to break the ice. A little conversation would definitely lighten up the mood.

 


“Se Hun, are you going to take the dance lesson this year as well?” Se Hun just ignores his hyung again, as he walks in his own pace, making Lu Han to trail behind. Lu Han sighs for what seems like an nth time that morning as he silently watches his brother's broad back.

 

 

When the two reach their destination, Sehun quickly runs off toward the gate as Luhan questioningly watches the figure drifting apart. Luhan frowns when he witnesses Se Hun hanging with his friends, who were hugging him enthusiastically. So that's why Sehun ran off, so they wouldn't be able to see Luhan and him walking together.

 

 

 

Pushing his glasses up, he checks the notice board in front. Searching for his name, his eyes travels up and down, finally landing on a class room . “12 G," mumbling under his breath, he checks for a familiar name, slightly less worried now, as  he sees his best friend’s name in the same homeroom class as he is going to be. Sighing in relief, he softly lets out a smile.


At least something did happen good this morning.

 

 

--

 

 

The classroom is noisy, as the homeroom teacher hadn’t showed up yet. Lu Han stares outside the window, propping his chin on top of his palm as he notices black clouds forming up in the sky. It’s going to rain soon, he thinks as he remembers that he has brought an umbrella with him. His train of thoughts get interrupted when he feels a light nudge on his right shoulder. He faces to that direction, only to be welcomed by a big hug. Lu Han is surprised, but he knows who it is. His best friend, Jongin.

 


“Morning” Lu Han greets, wrapping his own arms around his friend as he lets out a whine when he feels Jongin squishing him to death. Releasing from the hug, the tanned male looks at Lu Han with a smile plastered on his face.


“Morning! How was your holiday?” He asks, settling down on the empty seat next to him. Hands reaching out to settle the wavy fringe of Luhan's as he shows his eye smile.


“Nothing much” Lu Han says, shifting his gaze from Jongin to the window. The cloud is getting darker and darker, he thinks.


“I knew it, you had fun” Jongin says sarcastically, resting his cheek on top of the cold wooden desk as he eyes the back of Luhan's head.  He was the only person who knew about the relationship of the jock Se Hun and the loner Lu Han.

 


“How about you?” Lu Han asks, changing the subject as he diverts his gaze back to his best friend. As soon as those words come from Lu Han’s mouth, he regrets it. 

 


Jongin is going to share his lifetime.

--

 

It is lunch and the school canteen is packed with many students because of the heavy rain outside. To Lu Han's dismay, he couldn't get a seat as he warily watches the crowd of people and trying to find a certain tanned male. Queuing in the line, Luhan waits to be served.


When it is his turn, he scrunches up his face in displease as he hates the menu for today: vegetables and only beef meat with rice served. Instead of choosing his lunch, he opts to take a bottle of coke only. He once again looks around to find Jongin, but to no avail. Heaving up a sigh, he walks out of the canteen.

 

 

 

 

“Isn’t that Lu Han?” Tao questions as 9 pair of eyes travels to the direction where he is looking. There is Lu Han, standing alone with his perfect uniform and his glasses on, looking lost like always. “Look at him, he hasn’t changed at all. Remember the time when we locked him in one of the stall?" Tao laughs as he hi-fives with Baekhyun at the side who was snickering. 


Sehun clearly remembers that time. Luhan was stuck for the whole school day. Even though Sehun didn't really joined in, he didn't even stop it either. However, guilt rushed over and hit him in the face as in the end, Sehun was the one who opened the door when his friends went off to their classes. 

 

But Lu Han didn’t find out it was Sehun who unlocked it. If only Luhan would know, then he would be happy that at least Sehun- his brother- was looking out for him instead of only him showing attention.

 

Sehun has wondered countless times that how would their life be if he held no grudges and hatred towards his older brother. How would Luhan feel about it? How would he feel about it?


“Yah, Se Hun” Sehun's train of thoughts gets interrupted as he looks up to his other hyung, Yixing. Nodding his head as a response, Sehun's gaze slowly turn towards Lu Han, who is not there anymore. Frowning slightly, his eyes roam around the crowded place but he sees no sight of Luhan.

 


"Maybe I need to stop looking for him."

 

"What was it Sehun?" Yixing asks and Sehun replies with a soft 'nothing'.

 

 

---

 


Sehun grunts and groans, fiddling with his pencil as he looks up at the clock hanging on the wall. Serving a detention because of Tao, Sehun swears that he will kill his friend mercilessly as thinks of certain methods to end Tao's life span.

 

Casting his gaze outside of the window, Sehun realises that there is no way the weather is going to settle in as he mentally lets out curses when he thinks how Luhan must be at home, covered in blankets and drinking hot chocolate.

 


Time seems to walk past quickly when thinking about Luhan as the teacher sets him free. A sigh of relief escapes from his lips as he impatiently stuffs his things inside his bag and literally dashes out of the classroom. Call him overreacting, but he has a problem when it comes to sitting or standing still for even a minute.

 


Taking his shoes out from his locker, Sehun watches the heavy rain in detest. "If only I had my umbrella with me." The younger male decides that he will run in the rain (as if it will avoid the rain), but then he rejects the idea when he notices a person standing in the rain with a yellow umbrella on.


 

Passing the figure, Sehun walks in quick steps as he lets the water drench him . Leading the way, Sehun looks up at the sky to recall the warm shower he had this morning . The thought at least makes him at ease a little as smiles softly in the rain and continues to make his way to home.

 

 

The rain abruptly stops.

 

Furrowing his brows, Sehun looks up only to be welcomed by a yellow umbrella. Confused, he turns around to see the owner. 

 

 

It is Lu Han.

 


Lu Han shelters Se Hun with his umbrella, as he lets the water drench him instead. "Hold it” Lu Han says, smiling warmly at his brother and without hesitation, Se Hun takes it. “Let’s go now” Lu Han continues smiling, his glasses hiding his eyes which was turning into small crescents as Sehun watches him blankly. 

 


That warm smile that never leaves his face no matter how much Sehun creates a barrier between them.

 

 

Se Hun stands there frozen. How is he meant to react at this kind of situation? Is he meant to thank him? There is this urge to at least say something to Luhan, just anything. But nothing comes up.

 


Luhan is the one who leads the way now, as he walks in front of Se Hun confidently and Sehun watches him in awe. Taking his glasses off, Luhan turns around and motions for his younger brother to move on quickly. This time, Sehun obliges as he slowly trails behind Luhan, staring at small back which was soaked wet from the rain. 

 

 

It feels as if Se Hun is some sort of a prince and Luhan is a loyal soldier protecting his prince.

 

 

 

Luhan stops suddenly, making the younger male bump into his back. Sehun's stare breaks off as if calling him back to reality, and as he is about to curse, when something in expecting happens. 

 


Sehun freezes at the touch.

 

Lu Han’s hand were soft, the sudden touch startles Sehun as he looks down at Luhan's small hand trying to hold the whole of Sehun's hand.

 


But to Lu Han’s surprise, Sehun doesn't back out, Sehun doesn't slaps his hand away. 

 

Instead, Sehun intertwines their fingers which fitted perfectly together. Lu Han lets out a soft smile as he turns around and continues to lead the way. “Come on, Se Hun we need to go home quickly, otherwise we will be stuck in this rain” he gently says as he pulls Sehun with little force.

 

 


Little does Lu Han know, a small blush creeps onto Se Hun’s cheek as he glances at the small back and back to their intertwined hands.

 

-----

A/N- so this chapter was pretty long and Se Hun seem to get along with Lu Han a tiny miny bit. XD

Please comment on what you think and subscribe!