-The what if.

We're brothers, right?

Sehun parts away, eyes half lidded as he glances at Luhan. His older brother. The one he kissed just now. 


Eyes turning into as big as a saucer, realisation hits him hard.

"I-uh-" but before he finishes his sentence, Sehun bolts off towards his room while leaving Luhan stunned. 

What just happened?


Sehun.


Luhan.


Rice grain.


Wiped.


Leaned.


Mumbled.


Kissed.


Blushing furiously, Luhan blinks hastily as he finally processes the reality. "Sehun..." mumbling his name gently, Luhan touches his lips cautiously as if touched carelessly would erase the lingering warmth of his brother.


Oh Sehun's warmth.

 

///

 

 

 


Luhan tosses and turns in his bed restlessly. Grunting and sighing, Luhan pulls his blonde locks harshly. If only Sehun wouldn't have surprised him with a kiss, he would have been able to have a good night sleep. "I'm going crazy," he mumbles under his breath as he stares up at the white ceiling above. Drawing imaginary circles, Luhan lets out a heavy breath. 

 

Letting go of his hair, he lingers his index finger over his soft lips again. Luhan doesn't remember the feel of his brother's lips anymore and he lightly coats his lips with his tongue, as if it will help bring the taste back.


Luhan is confused. A side of him is panicking in the inside while the other side is flying over the moon. 
 


'If only Sehunnie had it longer', as soon as those thoughts come out in a poof, a pink tinge of blush creeps across his face. Those impure and forbidden thoughts quickly jumps out of his mind when he covers his face with his pillow and screams (as softly as he can). Biting his lower lip, Luhan gets up from his bed abruptly while he shakes his head furiously. Smacking his cheeks lightly, he encourages himself to "pull yourself together!" Yes, Oh Luhan should think straight, he should definitely push this weird desire in the back of his head.

 

It's weird to kiss guys on the lips. Let alone kiss your brother. But, he still remembers that one time he kissed Sehun on the nose. That's perfectly fine, right? So the kiss must be fine too, right?

 


And he makes his way towards Sehun's room. He reassures himself that he is only going there to face his brother and talk the incident through.   Yes, talking about it would help his split mood to calm down.

 

He is not going there to see Sehun's handsome face.

 

 

 

 


Clutching a pillow in his right hand tightly, he exhales a shaky breath. Pausing in front of the wooden door, Luhan mentally lets out a shriek when he feels his own heart rapidly quickening. Maybe he should back out.

 


"S-Sehun ah, I'm coming in." There's no reply and the blonde haired male furrows his brows in confusion before knocking the door, "Sehun ah, can I come in?" No reply. Nervousness leaves and replaces with worry as Luhan knocks the door again, "I'm coming in okay?"

 

 


"No! Don't come in." Sehun rejects Luhan quickly, startling the older male as he hears heavy footsteps towards him; Sehun charging towards the door and putting his weight on it so Luhan would not come in.


"Se-"


"Don't...hyung." The desperation in the word 'hyung' makes the older male's heart swell. Is Sehun alright? Why does he sound so vulnerable? Did Luhan do anything to make him sound like this?

 

Lacing his voice with worry, Luhan grabs the handle and cautiously tries to open the barrier between him and Sehun. "Sehun ah, please let me in. We need to talk-"

 

 

"I don't want to talk. Just go." There's a finality in Sehun's voice and Luhan can tell. If Sehun doesn't want to talk then it's fine, he can wait, after all he had waited for a whole twelve years before. Luhan can do this.

 

 


No he can't.

 

 

 

Fear slowly runs through his spine. No, he doesn't want a repeat of the past. The loneliness, the hatred, it's too painful. Luhan just wants someone-no his brother to acknowledge his presence. Does Sehun hates him again? Will they be back to the way they were before?

 

 


"Sehun ah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He earnestly says as he places his forehead on the door, closing his eyes as he awaits for a reply which doesn't come. The troubling thoughts makes him feel all nauseous. Does this mean Sehun's and Luhan's relationship would stop? When Luhan realises that his brother would not even budge from the door, he heaves up a sigh, instead of going back to his room, Luhan places his pillow in front of Sehun's door and opts to lie down on the cold floor. Luhan can tell that Sehun is still there, he can hear the uneven breath exhaling. Probably scared that Luhan might attack the door open.

 


"We have school tomorrow, sleep well Sehunnie." Luhan assures him as he faces the wooden door, imagining Sehun to be frozen there while placing his whole weight on the door. He bites his lips as he expects Sehun to at least say something. Even a little 'hmm' can satisfy him, just anything.

 

But nothing comes.


After a long silence, he hears Sehun shuffle, Luhan figures that the younger male is also lying on the floor in front of the door. Both brothers separated with a door only. 

 

Luhan hopes that only a door will separate them, nothing more than that.


///

 

 


When Luhan's eyes flutters open, he lets out a groan. Rubbing his eyes to get rid of sleep, he slowly turns around. Letting out a smile contentedly, Luhan nuzzles his head onto the soft blanket. The warmth is so cozy that he wants to go back to his peaceful slumber.


Wait blanket? Furrowing his brows in confusion, Luhan squints his eyes to clearly visualise the place.


Luhan swears that he slept on the floor yesterday night. 

So, why is he sleeping on a bed. On Sehun's bed.

 

Jerking his head up from the immediate realisation, Luhan looks to his side only to see no sign of his brother. He throws the blanket away hastily as he approaches the joined-bathroom, only to find it empty. Frowning, Luhan makes his way out of the room. There is no sign of Sehun.

 

 

 

 

"Umma where is Sehun?" Luhan asks when he enters the kitchen, his mother's back into vision. Sooyoung turns around and greets him a 'morning'.


"Sehun left for school already. He said he had early practice for his dance group." Sooyoung replies softly, handing a bowl of cereal to Luhan who gladly accepts it. "What's wrong with you boys? Is everything alright?"   

 

 


Luhan nods his head slowly as he eats his breakfast with disappointment. At least Sehun should have woken him up so they can walk to school together. Luhan wouldn't mind going to school early, he likes the younger's company.

 


"You sure everything is fine dear? I saw you sleeping on the floor outside of Sehun's room in the morning when I came from work. But before I could say anything, Sehun came and carried you inside his room." His mother explains as she eyes her son with concern. Sooyoung knew that the brothers didn't had the best relationship between them but, she could tell that they were getting closer to each other. "If Sehun is not being nice to you tell me about-"

 


"No! Sehun is-" Luhan stops when he realises that he was about to raise his voice to his mother. "I'm sorry." Luhan quickly apologises, casting his glance towards his food. What is wrong with me? Luhan thinks as he feels awfully guilty for almost raising his voice to his mother. 

 

 

Raising his voice to defend Sehun.

 

 

////

 

When Luhan walks in his classroom, he is suddenly tackled with an arm and a loud 'good morning!' in his ear. Luhan whispers the greeting back as he slowly makes his way towards his seat only to be motioned to walk faster. Luhan doesn't have to look who he is, it's damn right obvious that it's Jongin. When both of them is seated, Jongin turns his head towards his best friend, as if expecting an exclusive news.

 

"It was boring okay. Nothing fantastic happened." Luhan answers, placing his chin on top of his palm as he tries to avoid eye contact. There are two people in his life who can read through him. It's Sehun and Jongin, and he definitely doesn't want his best friend to know what happened. Jongin will be furious for sure.

 


"Sure. I believe you Lu-" but before he could finish his sentence, their homeroom teacher arrives. Jongin turns head towards Luhan and mouths a 'we'll talk later.' The older male can only gulp the lump of saliva that had formed in his throat.

 

Kim Jongin is going to make him spill the beans no matter what.

 

 

 

When the class is asked to do self study, Luhan stiffens because he feels a sharp gaze towards him by no other than Jongin.

 

"So, care to elaborate." Tilting his head to the side, he asks Luhan with a knowing look. Luhan just answers with what? Everything's fine, nothing special. Jongin doesn't buy any of this, instead he blankly blackmails Luhan by saying that he'll ask Sehun then. The dancer just wishes that his best friend would buy this trick because it's obvious that Jongin would never initiate a conversation with Sehun. The gullible Luhan believes him.

 

 

"W-We k-kissed." Luhan hesitantly says, doe eyes averting towards the younger's sharp ones. "Sehun k-kissed me to be exact." Luhan tries to read the unreadable expression of Jongin, to no avail. Biting his lower lip in anticipation, Luhan casts his gaze down.

 

 

"That was it?" Looking up towards his friend's voice, Luhan furrows his brows in confusion. "Oh Luhan, you were troubled by that? Does that mean you were troubled when I kissed you too?" Jongin smiles with mischievousness glinting in his eyes.

 

 

Luhan frowns, lips curving into a pout as he eyes the dancer with a glare. "But it's different! You guys are different! You kissed me-no it was in the corner of my lips, but Sehun kissed me square on the lips!"

 

 

Flicking the older male's forehead, Jongin rolls his eyes, "ssh, quiet down will you." Luhan pouts even deeper as he rubs his forehead. "Stop making a big deal out of it Lu. We both know that kid is really unexpected and you said it yourself that it is hard to understand him." Luhan nods his head in understanding, "you do know that he is capable of getting the right reaction from you-"

 

 

The older male drowns his best friend's voice. Jongin is right that he shouldn't make a big deal out of it, but...why did Sehun kissed him? He doesn't mind the kiss, in fact if Sehun kissed him again, he would have no complains. But why wouldn't he mind? He should mind because they are brothers. Brothers don't kiss each other or longs for their kiss. Brothers are just-

 

 


"Kim Jongin, I need a favour." Luhan interrupts as he looks straight onto his friend with pleading eyes.

 

 

///

 

 

"Thanks for making up the time Sehun." Yixing gently says, patting Sehun's shoulder. "I really thought you would ditch this practice."


"I'm not that lazy hyung." Sehun replies with a sly smile as he runs a hand through his smooth locks. "I'll see you then hyung, I've got lesson to catch up on."

 

"We can go together." Yixing joins in as he motions for the younger male to move faster. The dance club had an early practice in the morning (it was especially for Sehun because he always seemed to miss dance lessons nowadays for a certain someone.) When they both head to the same direction, so they could change their shoes first, Sehun doesn't miss the fluffy familiar blonde hair on the other side of the lockers. He swears that it is Luhan when he hears his velvety voice, and the all too familiar voice of Jongin.

 

 

"Wait here." Sehun whispers, approaching his brother cautiously, while Yixing furrows his brows and just watches the younger's back retreating. 

 

 


Luhan heaves up a sigh as he looks up at his best friend with pleading eyes. "Please Jongin, can't you even do that for your best friend."

 

"Seriously Lu, you're getting too carried away! Just let it be." Jongin rolls his eyes as he leans back at the locker. "Stop being childish." He deadpans, eyeing the puppy dog eyes in front. "And no Lu, it's not going to work."

 

 

 

"I was just trying," mumbling under his breath, Luhan pouts softly with arms crossed in front of his chest. "Let's go then, you're not even going to change your mind." Jongin ruffles the older's hair which Luhan smacks it away because he is pissed off at the tanned male. Stupid Jongin, you selfish person making me come all the way here yet you reject my idea, Luhan continuously chants. Jongin runs a hand through his locks as he lets out a sigh, and when they are about to go back to their class, in the corner of his eyes he catches Sehun hiding behind a locker watching their every move.


   

 

 

 

 

"Hey Luhan, I have an even better idea."

 

 

 


"Hmm?" Before Luhan could even react, Jongin pushes the older male in one of the lockers. Palm landing on the side of Luhan's face, Jongin inches in closer.

 

 Luhan is completely clueless on what is going on as he stares at his best friend inching in closer. "Close your eyes," Jongin nears in, tilting his head to the side so he can have a clear access of Luhan's lips. Jongin flutters his eyes close as he feels the older's breath ghosting over his face.

 


Luhan's doe eyes turn as big as saucer, a gasp escapes from his lips.

 

 

 

In a split second, Sehun is grabbing onto Jongin's arm, turning him around so he can at least throw a punch or two. 


Jongin deserves it.

 

 

 

 


"S-Sehun no! Stop it!" Luhan screams when his younger brother attacks his best friend. The older male is already by his brother's side as he tries to release his grip from Jongin's collar. Yixing witnessing the commotion tries to separate Sehun off Jongin, but the younger male is venting his anger out as he aims another punch towards the tanned male's face.

 

 

 


Luhan cries.

 


////

 

 


Both Oh brothers are sent home early that day. Sooyoung is furious and she scolds Sehun. A lot. The younger male doesn't respond to any of her shoutings, instead looks down at his fiddling hands. He doesn't even want to face his older brother who is probably crying in his room now.

 

"What's gotten into you Sehun?" Sooyoung finally calms herself down, rubbing her temple as she exhales a sigh, clearly disappointed by her son's behaviour. "Go to your room now. I'll be going out for grocery shopping." Sehun obliges as he heads toward his room, but stops when he is in front of his brother's room. A side of him wants to knock on the door, the other wants to run away to his room and never show his face again. The second option seems to be more logical as he approaches his room.

 

 

////

 

When it's dinner time, Luhan is nowhere to be seen. Sehun asks his mother and she simply replies that Luhan said he is not hungry. The younger male frowns as he politely asks Sooyoung to serve a plate for Luhan before going to her night shift. His mother smiles gently at her son and makes him promise that he'll feed Luhan no matter how much the older male will protest. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, can I come in?" Lightly knocking on the door, Sehun asks while his other hand holds Luhan's dinner. He doesn't expect his brother to respond, therefore he enters his room nervously. Sehun mentally prepares his speech of apology as his gaze lands on the figure in bed. He walks towards the bedside table and places the food on top of it, and he takes a sit at the edge of the bed while facing his back to Luhan.

 

A creaking sound of the bed alerts Luhan (who was pretending to be asleep). He squints his doe eyes as he visuals his brother's broad back, trying not to giveaway that he is awake. A sigh escapes from Sehun's lips.

 


"I know that you're awake hyung. Don't pretend." Luhan squeaks when he hears Sehun's sudden voice. "It's obvious because you are not sleeping like a cocoon, that's how usually you sleep." The statement makes him flush a bright shade of red as he furiously denies that he doesn't and how would Sehun know. "We've slept before, you always take all the blanket and cover yourself." Luhan doesn't try to deny any further.

 


"I'm not hungry."


"Yes you are."


"No I'm not." Sehun doesn't fights back, staring at the wall ahead of him as he draws imaginary circles. He mentally counts to three so, he can pour his heart out. Wait, take a deep breath, Sehun orders himself while closing his eyes. Inhale, exhale.

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry hyung. If you feel like beating me up, I'm willing to be your punching bag." He quickly says, eyes unfocused, voice merely audible. But Luhan catches all of it.

 

 


"I don't feel like beating you up. Jongin's going to do that." Sehun snorts at the comment. "I'm not mad at you, so there is no point forgiving you." Sehun slowly casts his gaze at the lump called Luhan.

 

 

"You're angry at me."

 

 


"Come inside, it's cold," Luhan softly says, lifting his blanket up so his brother can join in. Luhan ignores the younger's statement because he simply isn't angry with Sehun. Should he be angry with him? Because he beat his best friend? 

 


 The younger male is thankful that the room is dark , there is no way that his older brother would see a blush evident on his face. Sehun mentally fights between the choices; 1) sleep with Luhan acting like nothing happened. 2) go back to your own room because Luhan will demand answers of his stupid behaviour and who knows if he'll kiss his brother again.

 

 

 

The second option wins.

 


Sehun slowly crawls toward Luhan, engulfing himself inside the warmth of the blanket and Luhan. He eyes Luhan with his sharp eyes, observing his features and getting mesmerised by them once again. Long eyelashes, doe eys-

 

 

"I'm sorry," Luhan breaks the silence, their gazes locked into each other's as he interrupts Sehun's admiration. "Sehunnie, I'm sorry." Luhan whispers, inching in closer as he nestles inside Sehun's broad chest. Inhaling the familiar scent, Luhan clutches the front of Sehun's t-shirt. Sehun is a bit taken aback but, he securely wraps an arm around his brother and rests his chin on top of Luhan's head.

 


"Why are you sorry?" Sehun hums softly, eyes staring at the bedside table where their picture laid in. Drawing soothing circles in the back of Luhan's shoulder blade, Sehun lets Luhan nuzzle his head even deeper into his chest.

 


"Don't i-ignore me. I don't want you to l-leave me," voice cracking up, Luhan stops for a few seconds before he exhales a long breath, "p-please."


Sehun tightly embraces the older male as he plants a soft kiss on the crown of Luhan's head. "I'm sorry for making you feel that way."

 

Luhan doesn't need any more reassurance, he knows that Sehun is true to his word. Luhan doesn't even bother ask about the kiss as he wants Sehun to talk about it himself whenever he is ready. Both brothers doesn't say anything as they let the comfortable silence take over their depressing state, while they hold onto each other as if their life depended on it. After a few more minutes of silence, Sehun cracks another I'm sorry, and Luhan frowns as he pushes himself from his younger brother's chest.

 


"Why?" Eyes boring onto the sharp ones, Luhan asks curiously.

 

"For not ruining Jongin's face," Luhan smacks Sehun's shoulder, earning a pout from his younger brother, "I'm only sorry because I made you cry." Luhan stops hitting Sehun as he blinks for a few seconds, registering what Sehun was saying. Gaze softening, Luhan cups Sehun's face with one hand and lightly his cheek with his thumb.

 


"What if I say that it's okay?" Sehun smiles softly, leaning into the touch as he closes his eyes.

 

 

"And what if I say that I still won't apologise to your best friend?" 

 

 

"What if I say that I'll make you apologise to him?"

 

 

"What if I say that over my dead body?" Luhan chuckles as he continues to caress Sehun's handsome face.

 

 


"What if I say that you're wrong and he is my best friend that I treasure the most, and I don't want you guys fighting?"

 

 

 

Sehun flutters his eyes open when he hears the word 'treasure'. His sharp gaze landing onto the doe ones, 

 

 

 

 


"Then what if I say that I don't like- no I hate you kissing another person who is not me?"

 

 

 


Luhan stops his movement.

 

 


-----


A/N- I can't believe I updated! This chapter was really hard to write and I definitely has to say that it .

Thank you so much for your support guys, it really means a lot to me! T-T your lovely comments and subscriptions really pushes me to continue! So carry on commenting and subscribing !!!