8

Love, Blood and War

Heechul woke up one morning feeling incredibly pleased with himself. He chuckled to himself, marveling in his own brilliance. his lips at the poor soul he had compelled to heed to his every word. He had found her walking down a deserted street and could already taste her delicious blood meters away.

“Come here,” Heechul curled his finger, motioning her forward. The girl’s state of mind was a complete blur and she could do nothing but sit there as Heechul sunk his teeth onto another body part, welcoming the warm red liquid.

As he pulled back, blood dripped down his chin. His tongue swept across his bottom lip while wiping the blood and it off his fingers. He sent a very satisfied look towards the girl.

“You’ll do well for now. It won’t be long before I have my queen” he whispered in her ear.

They were interrupted by a knock on the door and a peeping head.

“Master, sorry for intruding but he’s here” the lean man said, deep down feeling that sense of nervousness.

Heechul rolled his eyes, smelling the fear off of his henchman, “Who is ‘he’?”

“Oh right” the man stumbled with his words, “Kangin, master”

A devilish smile formed on Heechul’s face, “Oh, it definitely won’t be long now my queen” he said to no one in particular.

 

Back at Elwood Manor, Myungsoo had guided Mia to the large kitchen.  It had been almost a week since she had been there and she was already comfortable with Myungsoo and his friends. At times she would get a few dizzy spell here and there but she managed to get used to the house, therefore, the flashed lessened.

She blushed as Myungsoo’s fingers interlaced with hers, pulling her down to sit beside him. He glanced at her and saw that she was looking down. While biting his lips to stop a laugh he asked, “Ah, what is it?”

Mia’s head sprung up at the sound of his voice, almost yelping when she saw how close his face was. “M-Myungsoo... I was just thinking, that’s all” she said, all the while scolding herself for being such a school girl; shy and stuttering.

 Myungsoo nodded, understanding, “I see. You wouldn’t be thinking about that dream you had last night right?”

Mia’s eyes widened in shock; it was another dream about her and Myungsoo. She honestly couldn’t believe the sort of things that came out .

“W-what dream? I had a very dreamless sleep” Mia said, nibbling on a piece of toast that was n front of her.

Myungsoo blinked with fake innocence, “But Mia, you were making noises in your sleep”

Mia suddenly chocked on her piece of toast, pounded her fist on her chest as she grabbed the glass of water and washed it down . Myungsoo’s face cracked into a wide grin whilst rubbing her back to soothe her.

“Was I really?” Mia asked quietly as the other boys were now coming into the kitchen to join them.

Myungsoo tapped his finger against his chin, “Hmm, now that I think about it, I can’t be too sure. If you were to do what you were doing in that dream, maybe I can remember”

Mia gasped, her cheeks burning a furious red colour, “Myungsoo!” she reprimanded. His only reaction was to laugh heartily as he was being hit repeatedly on the shoulder by Mia.

“Stop teasing me” she whined. The other boys, still quite groggy, watched the couple through sleepy eyes.

Sungyeol groaned, “Whose idea was it to wake up this early?”

With a yawn from Woohyun, “It’s 10am”

“Still too early” Sunggyu added.

Mia giggled, “Oh, I forgot to ask, why are you guys able to walk in the sun?”

Hoya tutted, “Aigo, she really does have no memory”

As Myungsoo buttered another piece of toast, “We once knew a witch. She helped us escape him one time. She gave us all these rings” All seven men, as if on cue, lifted their hands to show an aged silver ring. “Each ring contains a sunstone from Oregon. Humans don’t know it’s really qualities it has. For vampires, we get to walk in the sunlight”  

She nodded silently, mouth a tad ajar as all the information sunk in. Her brows creased once again, “Who is ‘he’?”

All boys shared a look. Sunggyu nodded towards Myungsoo. Mia had figured by now that all of them looked to him for direction and help since he was the oldest of them all, and wisest.

Myungsoo sighed, “Kim Heechul”

A sinister face appeared in Mia’s mind. His pink lips were curled upwards in a horrendous smirk and his shoulder length black hair tied at the back of his head.

She blinked rapidly to get the image out of her head, “And what else?” she inquired.

Myungsoo bit his lip, wondering what to say, “He wants you. Once your birthday is over, he will stop at nothing to get you”

Mia gulped, the terror rising in her but she pushed it away, wanting to find out more, “What’s so special about my birthday?”

He looked hesitant for a moment.

“You’ll finally turn into a vampire”

 

Kangin sat with authority on a grand chair, his shoulders filling the back of it. His built body intimidated those who dared to pass him or approached him to ask if he needed anything. Every time one of Heechul’s henchmen approached him, he would give them a hard look and then they’d scurry away.

“Kangin!” Heechul greeted, “I see you didn’t waste any time to check up on me”

Kangin sighed, “When are you getting the girl?”

Heechul chuckled and poured himself a drink from the small bar in the corner of the room, “Patience is key Kangin. We’ve been waiting for centuries for this year,  a few more days wouldn’t hurt”

Kangin growled, “This is why we’re likely to fail; your reckless attitude!”

A darkness came over Heechul’s face, “This is my house Kangin, respect that or else I’ll kick you out”

“You’ve got a lot of cheek to talk like that to an Elder” Kangin retorted.

“Maybe I’ve had enough of you breathing down my neck, waiting for me to slip up”

They both stared at each other, jaws set and eyes blazing. Kangin stood up, “Mess this up Heechul and I’ll snap your neck with my own hands”

And with that final threat, Kangin left. Heechul was still standing at the same place, burning with anger. “MAID!” the petite woman from yesterday arrived in the room.

“Yes Master?”

Heechul speeded over to her in a blink of an eye, his fangs tearing the fleck of her neck, her dry. He left her limp body to fall to the ground and left the room to go to his bedroom, back to the woman he had compelled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At last!
How are you my lovelies~?
Hope you liked reading this chapter!
There will be more revealed secrets next chapter!! (=^.^=) Look forward to it!