3

Love, Blood and War

Flesh against flesh, the candlelit room was filled with the sound of colliding skin and heavy breathing.

The image was very vivid in Mia’s head as she slept in her bed, tossing her head from side to side and kicking her legs as if she was there at that very moment.

Her lustful eyes landed on Myungsoo’s concentrated face; Mia was being , dreamland or not. His body towered over Mia, dominating her entirely, making him more intriguing. He smiled down and their lips met more another time.

The explosion of emotions in the kiss felt so real that Mia’s slumber was abruptly ruined and she sat up straight in her bed, looking around her to make sure she was still in her own bed, in her own room. A sheen of sweat had formed on her body and her chest rose deeply indicating her uneasiness.

At first Mia thought she hadn’t dreamt it but then the images came to her like a charging bull. It all felt so incredibly real; she could remember each detail of his face and go onto describing every inch of the room. Her hand clamped over in disbelief. Mia’s body still tingled all over as if Myungsoo had really touched her in all those places right there and then.

Mia wiped her forehead and decided to climb out of her bed to get a glass of water. She felt exhausted for some odd reason. She grumbled to herself, “Why the hell am I having fantasies of the new kid?”

Questions like that ran around in her head, appearing in front of her so she found ways to analyse the answer. It confused her so much that she closed her eyes to force them away.

“Stupid Kim Myungsoo” Mia muttered under her breath. The light had caught her hand and it bounced of showing there intricate tattoo on Mia’s hand. It had moved further up her arm now. It was like every time she was near Myungsoo, or he touched her, physically or spiritually, it would expand, dig deeper into her skin than before. She should have been freaking out about this weird mark on her, but it gave off a sense of normalcy that surrounded her.

But everything about Myungsoo screamed abnormal, and mysterious. So mysterious that it scared Mia a little. She had no idea who he was or where he had come from in fact, but already, in a space of a day, he had affected her so much, in so many ways than any other person.

As Mia reached the sink, she felt an arm lace around her waist from behind, resting perfectly over her stomach. The same rush of feelings returned; the same high she felt in the dream. Mia’s eyes closed in a strange bliss. She could smell Myungsoo; it was truly exquisite to the nose and the scent filled up her head till she felt dizzy.

Just as Mia was about to lean back against him, instead of finding something solid behind her, there was nothing but air.

Mia stumbled for a second and her brain reworked itself to come back to reality.  

She looked around the kitchen, knowing what just happened was nowhere near a dream. But of course, she saw no one. No Myungsoo. Disappointment washed over her.

She sighed, definitely sure that it was Myungsoo. She had never been so sure about anything in her life and now wished he hadn’t gone.

The feeling she had when his arm wrapped around her was indescribable. Mia had never thought she would be able to feel like that ever in her life, but it still lingered with her. It was like being protected and safe, but at the same time, she could sense his playfulness and ability to create happiness.

Mia walked back to her room and waited for the morning to arrive.

 

Once at school, Mia casually walked towards Ahra. Coincidently, Myungsoo was with her. “Why is he always with her?” She uttered to herself.

Myungsoo sniggered within himself upon hearing this but couldn’t help the small twitch in his lips which could have destroyed his serious face.

Mia tucked the hair behind her ear as she approached the two and meekly said “Hello”

She couldn’t make eye contact with Myungsoo. If she did, all she would see was a Myungsoo and what she believed was him making love to her. Mia’s cheeks reddened; she scolded in her mind to stop thinking about the dream.

Luckily for her, the bell rang and Ahra happily spun towards the entrance of the school. Mia lagged behind for a second before going after her. Unfortunately for her, Myungsoo had taken the initiative to walk beside her, and his intentions were almost making him laugh.

Myungsoo cleared his throat, grabbing Mia’s attention, “Have a good sleep?” he asked.

She turned red all of a sudden, the flush creeping on to her cheeks. She looked down at the floor and squeaked a small, “Yes”

Myungsoo smiled, “Are you not going to ask me?” he taunted further.

Mia blinked and bit her lips while taking a small glance at him gorgeous face, “How about you Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo rested his hand behind his head as he walked and gave a quite arrogant expression, “Exhausting.”

Mia spluttered unconsciously, “E-eh?”

Myungsoo innocently blinked, “I had a full work out; lasted through the night. To make it worse, the electricity went off at my house”

Mia’s eyes rounded in surprise and she gulped lightly. He smiled lovingly and bid farewell, chuckling to himself. Mia stood frozen on the spot. He knew! She was sure of it.

Instead of going to lesson like everyone else, she made a very much determined trip to the library. If Myungsoo wouldn’t be straightforward about who he was, she’s have to find out another way