14

Love, Blood and War

Mia groaned in pain. Her head felt like it was being hammered in every time she moved. Her limbs were aching so much she was sure no painkiller would cure her. Her wrists hurt too. Not because of the transformation but the steel shackles that restrained her from escaping the dark dungeon. All her struggling at caused her skin to go raw red and bleed slightly.

Despite her struggling, she could never get out of the restraints. She was stuck for sure in the same building as the monster that captured her.

Mia’s head shot up when she heard footsteps coming closer. The same footsteps from yesterday, where Heechul had arrived first and not Myungsoo. Where was Myungsoo?

The heavy wooden door opened whilst scraping the floor. There he stood, the man she hated the most.

“Good morning sweetheart” his poisonous voice drifted towards her. She chose to ignore his presence. She hadn’t eaten since the time the sweet boy, Jihoon, had offered some. Her health was slowly deteriorating because she wasn’t looking after herself.

“Don’t be like that sweetheart,” he sang, “Eat up”

Mia looked at him in disgust, her eyes flashing with anger.

Heechul sighed, “Be like that then. You’ll come round. But don’t make me wait too long” his eyes were lighted up for a moment before the colour returned, as if telling her that there would be consequences if she didn’t.

She cleared , taking her time to speak. Heechul waited to the last second till she spoke up with anticipation.

“Let...me go”

Heechul snickered, “Now that’s crazy talk” he crouched down to her level, touching her face and curling her hair back. It only made Mia flinch back with repulsion.

“You sweetheart, are going to be my queen. Once Kangin is out the way and that witch finds what I want, nothing will stop us. Not even Kim Myungsoo” Heechul declared. Mia refused to believe him. But what was he talking about? She decided to play along, find out more.

“Pardon me?” Mia said.

A small chuckle left his lips, “That Kangin. Thinks he’ll get your powers. No, that won’t happen” he lifted her face up, examining it carefully. “My beautiful queen. We will make mankind drop to its knees in defeat”

Mia became startled. His face was excruciatingly close and she was scared now. She noticed how his eyes wondered down, not meeting her eyes. Her head thrashed to the side, trying hard to get out of his grip.

“Get off me bastard!” Mia growled.

“Stop struggling” Heechul hissed. Mia tightened her jaw, pursed her lips and refused to look at him.

“No! I will keep struggling as long as I am here” she spat with venom, making a final ultimatum.

Heechul stood up and dusted himself off.  He scoffed lightly, “We’ll see how long that lasts then”

 

He left Mia in the dungeon, ignoring her screams to let her go. Unfortunately, he wouldn’t let that happen. He had waited too long for this moment and now he would finally get it.

His feet sauntered to the extravagant library that the witch was occupied in. It was true. The witch wasn’t looking for a spell to steal Mia’s power.

She would open the gate to the dead, letting them rise from hell and beyond to destroy the world’s humanity.

 

Myungsoo and his friends entered the house. Their feet crunched against broken glass and concrete. He noticed movement in the far end of the room and rushed to it, grabbing whoever it was by the neck and pinning them high against the wall.

Jihoon groaned under the immense pressure closing in on his throat. He whimpered slightly, only just about calling for his older brother.

“Where’s  Jiho?!” Myungsoo demanded, tightening his nails around the younger one. Myungsoo was abruptly pushed aside, causing him to crash against the wall beside him. The rest of the boys rushed to find out what was going on.

Jiho stood before Myungsoo as he immediately sprung to his feet.

“I’m the one you’re looking for not him” Jiho stated. Myungsoo landed a steel punch against the other vampire jaw out of anger and frustration.

“Where the hell is she?” Myungsoo shouted. The other boys could only watch, knowing that it wasn’t their fight to interfere in.

Jiho spat out blood from his mouth before letting his tongue devour the taste. “She’s not here. You’re too late”

Myungsoo growled out, feeling incredibly angry and lunged for Jiho. He was angry at Jiho for taking away Mia but angry at himself for not being there for her.

“, where the hell is Heechul?”

Jiho laughed lightly as he lay on the ground from the impact of Myungsoo’s attack. Everyone knew that Jiho was holding back for some reason. Maybe he just wanted some entertainment.

“Alright alright. I’ll make it easy for you. It’s 8 miles up north from here. You won’t miss it.” Jiho managed to say with a flop-sided grin on his face. Yes, he was truly enjoying the drama.

Myungsoo straightened up, “Do you know what he wants with her?”

Jiho shrugged, still on the floor, “He asked for a witch to open some gate to the Army of Dead or something. Can’t be good”

Sunggyu’s eyes widened in alarm. It definitely wasn’t good, “Of course it’s not you idiot! Army of Dead is a freaking death sentence for every human on this earth!”

The rest of the boys became serious and silent, thinking of the many consequences Heechul’s actions could lead to.

Jiho stood up and brushed himself off. “We have to do something then”

He received a sceptical look from Myungsoo; he of course didn’t trust Jiho.

Jiho rolled his eyes, “If you want your girl back then you better listen to me, otherwise, you going up to Heechul’s place will get you killed”

Everyone turned to Myungsoo, waiting for what he would say. He sighed and nodded, “Come on then”