6

Love, Blood and War

Mia stood outside her apartment. It had only been the day when the man she feared had been in her home, without her consent. Looking up at the windows she suddenly wished Myungsoo was with her. He kept on disappearing and she had no idea where or why. Her apartment no longer had that safe feel to it and for some reason, whilst looking up at her window she could have sworn a shadow had walked past.

Mia truly felt the meaning of her hair standing on end as she felt a pair of eyes staring back at hers. Her stomach churned uneasily and a metallic taste formed in . His presence made her sick.

Not wanting to go inside she her heel, fixed the strap of her school bag on her shoulders and headed to the library. She figured that a little more ‘googling’ on Myungsoo wouldn’t hurt.

Forgetting to look over her shoulder, she walked down the street, deeper into the city, whilst kicking stones like a soccer ball.


Settling into her chair in the corner of the library, the computer started up. She recalled the article she read last time. Elwood Manor. Quickly typing it in the search engine, what Mia needed came in an instant.

 
 

Elwood Manor, the family house of the Kim’s. It is situated on the outskirts of the woods and has been famous for its own Shakespeare tale of two lovers...

  

Mia grew more intrigued, leaning forward towards the screen.

 

The east wing of the house was rebuilt due to a past fire. Investigations were put on hold for the arsenic attempt as no leads were found. Unfortunately, the house now bares the ghosts of the prestigious lord of manor, Kim Myungsoo and his wife Kim Amelia...

 

Mia didn’t know whether to cringe at her full name or be utterly shocked that she was married to Myungsoo. Her arm throbbed dangerously, paining her, alerting her in a way that it left her feeling uncertain of her safety. She looked around. There were only a few people left and the sun was almost setting.

The unsettling feeling was still with her and so she gathered her things and made her way out the library. She knew where to go next. To find out what Myungsoo was hiding she would have to go to Elwood Manor.

The bus ride didn’t help Mia relax. Always turning her head to see nothing. It only frightened her more. How she wished Myungsoo was here!

It was deep into the evening by now as the bus dropped Mia off at the edge of the woods. There was no light around and the sharp slice of the wind didn’t help her to feel any better about being watched.

Her head spun round from left and right, clinging to the strap of her bag. She walked up a worn out path, dead leaves crunching under her foot. Trees towered over her, twisting into a deadly archway for her.  A small glow neared Mia as the path became wider and her feet had brought to a large clearing.

In front of her, she found what she was looking for. The house she had supposedly died in. It was magnificent and for sure took Mia’s breath away. The aged walls of brick had darkened and even in the little light she had, she could see bits of ivy cling onto the crooks in the bricks, almost becoming a part of the wall altogether.

With each step she took, the house became clearer. The windows, though they were dusty, had criss-crossed black metal embedded in the glass.

Her fingers curled too knock on the wooden mahogany door, the sound echoing as if it was going through something hollow. Mia waited patiently till Myungsoo finally opened the door, breathing heavily and wiping a cut on his lip. He over it, the blood swirling in his mouth.

Myungsoo’s face was filled with shock and nervousness. “What are you doing here Mia?”

Mia frowned, watching the cut the disappear and his lips return to its pink glory, “I...I don’t know.”

She looked down, “I can’t stay at my apartment. It’s like he’s still there, whoever he is”

Myungsoo softened and reached out to her face, her cheek, “Come in. There are people who want to see you”

He secretly slipped his hands into Mia’s, leading her away. Looking around she realized that everything looked old and antique, as if nothing was changed. It suited the feel to the house, but made Mia feel incredibly dizzy. She wondered who these people were that wanted to see her.

He led her to another room, a living room in Mia’s unfocused eyes. She felt herself slipping away, losing the grasp of reality, falling onto a bed of oranges, red and scorching heat. The lines of the tattoo burned white, causing both Myungsoo and Mia to flinch. Those faces that looked in her direction were blurred and disfigured that she couldn’t make out a single feature.

“Mia! Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked in a state of alarm, grabbing on the hand that squeezed his so tightly, “Guys, help!”

Mia’s eyes hooded and her head felt lighter than normal. A menacing laugh was inside her head, fueling itself with all her terrors and fears. Her body went limp and she saw nothing more.

 

Mia’s eyes fluttered open. Her cheeks felt sore as it pressed against the floor. The smoke got caught in and her chest heaved, going into a state of coughing. She looked away, wide eyed and terrified. Her head throbbed at the back and she was sure that it was bleeding.

Lifting her body up, she realized she was surrounded. Surrounded by incandescent red and yellows, the flames closer and closer. She tried to find a way out but she was trapped.

“Myungsoo!” Mia coughed out, holding her hand to as she was assaulted by more smoke.

She heard a groan from behind her. Spinning around, she noticed a wall of fire, blazing upwards menacingly. She could barely make him out but there he was. Myungsoo. A stake driven through his heart and looking straight at her with the last bit of energy he had, trying hard to lift his lips to a smile.

As Mia was dragging her feet to go to him, timber fell in front of her, trapping her body to the ground and knocking her out to her final breath.

 

Mia tossed around on the bed until she fell off the edge, falling face first into the ground. Her breathing hitched and she was sweating profusely. Clutching to her shirt she remembered each detail of her dream. How she and Myungsoo died.

And a certain revelation hit her as Myungsoo walked through the door.

He was a vampire. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter I shall be revealing this mystery villain, hopefully!

Comment and tell me what ya think!