13

Love, Blood and War

“Did you find her?” Myungsoo demanded Sunggyu.

Sunggyu gave him an unsure look, as if already telling him the bad news. “We’ve found some possible leads. The guy’s name is Woo Jiho, an illegitimate child of a pure blood. He has a group of other vampires with him; they seem very close”

Myungsoo’s dark face was a permanent sight ever since Mia had left. He was furious that he let her slip away so easily. What kind of person would do that to the one they love? He couldn’t help but think that he should have done something, anything at all to get her away from danger. His slender fingers tousled his hair even more.

Sungjong sat beside him, “Here, drink this. You’re going to get weaker if you don’t.” He placed a thick ceramic cup in Myungsoo’s hand. It was filled to the brim with the reddest blood.

“I’m not hungry” was all Myungsoo had to say. He had been saying that a lot for the past two days.

Woohyun tutted, “You know you can never beat Jiho or Heechul if you go on like this”

With a sigh, Myungsoo lifted to the cup to his lips and downed the liquid in one go. He felt it course around his body, revitalising him back to normal. Almost normal.

“That’s better” Woohyun cooed, “There is somewhere else we haven’t tried though”

Every person’s attention was now on Woohyun, listening carefully because it would be the last chance they have to find Mia.

 

Heechul screamed as soon as Jiho hung up the phone. Out of anger, he hurled the phone at the wall with immense power and watched it smash to smithereens. One of his followers came rushing in to the room, wondering what was going on.

“Boss, what’s happened?” He asked.

Heechul’s nostrils flared as he breathed in deeply to calm his exploding nerves. His whole body seemed to tremble with all the rage he was trying to suppress. He had to restrain himself from digging his claws into the other vampire’s neck to relieve his fury; he needed him to carry out a very specific order.

“Find out where that no good Woo Jiho is keeping Amelia!” he said very slowly implying that any mess ups and he done for.

“Yes boss” The vampire left the room, not wanting to be around if Heechul changed his mind about controlling his anger.

 

The door softly opened and closed as someone entered the room that Mia was staying at. Her body was lying on the bed in a deep slumber. The unbearable pain had placed her too close to the brink of passing out completely. Her eyes were noticeably puffy indicating that she had been crying.

Jihoon, the youngest, placed a tray of food beside the other tray of food that was untouched. He sat down on the bed and sighed. Sometimes Jiho could go slightly out of hand.

Mia stirred and her eyes fluttered open to see a innocent face looking down at her. The surprise of it made her abruptly sit up and back away a little.

Jihoon frowned, “I wasn’t doing anything bad. I brought you food; the good stuff!”

He managed to smile in the end but the same couldn’t be said about Mia. Her eyes shifted to the tray of food that was filled with several kinds of hot dishes.

“I didn’t know what you liked best so I asked Taeil hyung to make you lots” Jihoon grinned and excitedly reached out for a bowl of steamy soup, “This is my favourite. Try it!”

The bowl was presented in front of Mia’s face causing her to back up her head a little in response. Jihoon noticed and thought it was a negative sign, “I’m not lying. It really is the best!”

She scrutinized her eyes over the younger boy’s face. His thinking ways seemed so simple; it was a wonder to Mia what he was doing with someone like Jiho. She cautiously reached for the spoon and lifted it to . The burst of flavours in tickled her tongue and reddened her cheeks with all the warmth.

Jihoon was right. It really was the best.

“It’s good” Mia said plainly. He smiled widely, “Told you. Here try more.” He pushed the bowl into her hands and brought the tray onto the bed and laid it in front of her. Whoever this Taeil was, Mia was sure that he had incredible skill for cooking.

Jihoon cheerily tasted the food himself where Mia had gradually stopped and kept her eyes on him.

“Can you please let me go back?” Mia pleaded abruptly. His grin cheeky grin left his face and he hesitantly looked at the other girl in the eyes. It was a big mistake because all he could see was the sadness in them. His head bowed down, “I’m sorry but I can’t”

“Please! I need to get home, now” she cried, “In two days I am going to going to have to go through with more pain than I’ve ever experienced. I need to get out of here!”

Jihoon’s confused expression didn’t help him come to terms with what Mia was ranting on about. Mia sighed in frustration, “Look, if you and your incompetent group of fools aren’t ready to take on a full vampire transformation in the next couple of days then I suggest you go tell that leader of yours to let me out of here!”

The shocked vampire blinked rapidly, finding it hard to join all the dots and come to a conclusion about what Mia was trying to inform him about. “Come again...”

Mia opened to speak but there was a loud bang and the sound of glass shattering against something solid. Her eyes were fixated on the door as the sound of destruction came closer and closer. Without realising, she was gripping on to Jihoon’s arm.

“What’s happening?” she whimpered.

Jihoon watched the door warily, “He’s here”

“Who?” She demanded. She silently prayed once again that it was Myungsoo here to save her and protect her like usual.

There was the sound of wounded grunts and cries and the sound of cracking bones.

Then there was silence. All Mia could hear was her shallow and quick breaths as she listened carefully to what would happen next.

That was when the footsteps started. Sluggish and torturous. Each click of those shoes matched with Mia’s heartbeat. The golden doorknob twisted with a small squeak. Mia’s eyes were wide in fear as the door opened.

There stood the man that she prayed wouldn’t find her at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

HULLOOOOO
THE CHASER IS OUT!!!! *SERIOUS FANGIRLING*

 

Sungyeol is killing me poeple!! I really can't choose a bias in Infinite