2

Love, Blood and War

It wasn’t a very hot day but the sunlight felt much more intense to Mia. She pulled her hood up while she was in lesson, thankful that no one noticed. The guy she bumped into, Myungsoo, was in almost every class as hers. The current less Mia was History and Myungsoo sat two rows away from her, alongside her.

She couldn’t help but look at him longer than thought normal. Something about Myungsoo gave a very familiar fluttering within her. It may have been familiar but it still felt very new.

Mia had only taken a glimpse beforehand, but from what she had seen; Myungsoo was perfect in every way. He had those smouldering eyes that distracted her every time she looked in them, and not to mention his lips. It was inevitable that Mia looked at them and inevitable for her mind to wonder how they felt.

It was weird how Mia had only met Myungsoo for a few seconds and already he had affected her. This only reminded her of the moment in the hallway. The colour in Mia’s cheeks deepened to a light shade of pink and she immediately looked away from him.

Myungsoo smiled lightly, the corners of his mouth just about lifting as he notice Mia’s embarrassed self. ‘Still cute’ he said to himself. He glanced sideways to catch Mia looking at him. As much as Mia wanted to look away, she couldn’t. It was like something was drawing her to him.

They kept eye contact and Mia took a good look at Myungsoo’s face; he was ridiculously good looking. She felt strangely dizzy and her eyes fluttered close and scrunched softly in confusion. Myungsoo’s face kept flashing in her mind. Different images every time from different eras of time, as if she was there with him.

When they stopped her eyes opened again to meet Myungsoo’s stare. His brows were slightly creased in concern; he knew that the flashbacks were kicking in.

“Kim Mia,” the teacher called out to get her attention. Mia’s head snapped forward while the teacher continued to talk.

“Now before we read the script, let’s recap over the context you guys researched for homework. Mia, enlighten us and give me the date of the sinking of the Titanic”

Mia frowned. She hadn’t done the research homework and she was sure to get done for it. There was a peculiar whirring in her brain and suddenly the answer rolled off her tongue so freely that it almost scared her.

 “14th April 1912, 11:33pm” What scared her was the great detail she had suddenly thought of.

The teacher stuttered for a second and looked in the text book in his hand, “Er, yeah..in the exam you can just say 15thof April” He droned on, talking about analysing words and whatnot but Mia soon stopped listening.

How had she known that? It was as if she was actually there but then again, the feeling wasn’t strong enough for it to be confirmed.

Once lesson was over Mia rushed out of the classroom. She kept thinking that if she stayed any longer, more weird things would happen to her. By now, it was lunchtime and Mia and Ahra both would usually get their lunch together in the cafeteria and take it to the outside benches. Mia waited at their usual spot for Ahra to arrive with her lunch.

When Ahra did arrive, Mia’s lips parted slightly. Beside her came Myungsoo, hands in his trouser pockets and his eyes boring into Mia’s.

Ahra dropped herself on the seat next to Mia, “Sit Myungsoo-ssi”. She turned to Mia, “Mia, this is Kim Myungsoo, new student”. Ahra smiled like a smitten kitten and whispered under her breath so only Mia could hear, “Isn’t he a cutie?”

Mia gave a weak smile and put a little effort in greeting Myungsoo saying, “Nice to meet you”.

He nodded gingerly, never looking away from Mia. Her cheeks flushed brightly that she had to look down at her food while listening to how Myungsoo and Ahra interacted. Ahra would ask enthusiastic questions while Myungsoo gave short responses. Each time he did so, Mia would shudder, as if his voice pulsated through each of her cells.

Ahra took a bite of her sandwich before speaking, “Myungsoo-ssi, where did you live before?”

Myungsoo took a side glance at Mia, knowing if he said the entire truth, things would get complicated, “Originally, England”

Mia, still looking down, screwed her eyes as a throbbing pain took over her head. She bit her lip to stop herself whimpering like something of a caged animal. A flash of images appeared in front of the darkness in her eyes.

 

Myungsoo, in a tailored but old fashioned suit.

A large manor within the countryside.

And finally, Mia, in an extravagant evening gown, skipping forward into Myungsoo’s embrace.  

 

“Mia! Are you sure you’re okay today?” Ahra’s voice interrupted. Mia’s head lifted up quickly and she smiled reassuringly to her friend, “I just have a headache. Nothing a few painkillers won’t cure”

Mia took a risk and peeked at Myungsoo. He had that same concerned look he had in the classroom.

“I’ll get you some water anyway” Ahra announced and rushed off to the cafeteria before Mia could protest against it.

Mia didn’t want to be left along with the person she keeps seeing in her head. Slowly, she turned to look at Myungsoo. He continued to eat without a thought and quietly said, “Painkillers won’t stop them”

Mia scrutinized her eyes over Myungsoo, “Huh?”

Not getting any response from him made her more curious and question his identity, “Who are you?”

Myungsoo looked at Mia longingly; seeing the confusion in her face troubled him, “Kim Myungsoo of course” he replied.   

Mia shook her head and her frown lines appeared to be more evident, “No, who are you to me?”

He smiled, “Your birthday is coming up”

Mia’s frown deepened, “How do you know?”

Myungsoo chuckled and grabbed onto Mia’s hand, surprising her and almost making her jump. She couldn’t say anything while he rolled up her sleeve. It was like an unknown trust had formed within her and she let him do what he wanted.

Myungsoo’s thumb rubbed over the ‘L’ mark on her wrist. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it. The soft feel of his lips were left moments after he withdrew. The swirling lines on the mark tangled around further, making it all the way round her wrist.

Mia’s eyes widened more at the shock that Myungsoo was kissing her hand. A jolt rushed through her, making her really jump in her seat this time. Myungsoo sat up straight and looked deep into her eyes, “Make sure you sleep early tonight”

With that, he got up and turned his back on Mia. He paused and turned back around to face Mia, “Titanic sank after 12 so it was 15thApril. Your watch was damaged by the water”. He turned back around and walked away.

Mia was left dumfounded; beyond confused and now just freaked out. What did he mean by that? He talked like as if they were both there.

Whatever it was, it now only spurred Mia to find out more about this Kim Myungsoo. Whoever he was, he seemed to know Mia more than she knew herself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hullo!

If it is confusing you now, I promise all will become clear in the coming chapters!!
Keep guessing though ^^

The whole history thing with the Titanic, I tried to make it as accurate as possible. Hopefully it is; I'm sure it is~