1

Love, Blood and War

 Mia stuffed her hands in the pocket of her hoodie. The black jacket enveloped her uniform, making her look older than she was. She lifted the hood over her head and put on her headphones. The sweet melody of the music made her hum quietly along and mildly bob her head along with the beat. It distracted her from the dull life she led.

Step after step, Mia found herself crossing the road that would take her to her school. A large truck came speeding down the road with its horns blaring loudly. But not loud enough for Mia to hear. As much as the driver tried to apply the brakes, it wouldn’t be enough.

The truck caught Mia’s eye and she froze on the spot as the large vehicle came charging forward. She scrunched up her eyes and shrugged her shoulders up to brace herself for the deadly blow.

A rush of air blew through her, throwing her hood back, as she opened her eyes slowly, she found herself, in one piece, on the other side of the street. Mia looked around, dumbfounded.

How did she get there?

She knew nothing at that moment but all she could think of now was the after feeling of arms being securely wrapped around her waist.

Mia took in a deep breath to calm her shaken nerves. It was the first near death experience she had and admittedly, it had terrified her a little. She heard a voice call her name.

“Mia!” A petite girl with brown ringlets in her hair came running to Mia.

The girl huffed and puffed, grabbing on to her knees to regain her breath, “Oh god Mia. Are you ok?”

Mia blinked and mentally evaluated herself for any pain, “I’m fine Ahra”

 

He sighed in relief as he heard this. Hidden away, Myungsoo forced himself out of the shadows and walked into the same school as Mia’s. It had to be done. Myungsoo needed to keep a closer eye on her now that time was running out.

His walk gave a powerful feel to it. Heads turned as he walked through the corridors. Myungsoo pushed through the door to the principal’s office.

He placed the necessary paper work in the desk in front of the very annoyed principal, “Excuse me-”

The colour of Myungsoo’s eyes changed. The deep brown faded and was replaced with a metal grey colour. The principal was now in an uncontrollable trance.

“Kim Myungsoo” he stated. Myungsoo pushed the documents closer to the principal, “I believe you will find everything you need here”

Still in the trance, the principal nodded and pulled out a spare time-table for Myungsoo. He smiled and took the piece of paper with gratitude.

He walked out of the office and his eyes wandered through the crowd, immediately spotting Mia. His love. She stood directly under the sun. Her face was getting paler and the frown on her face made it evident of the discomfort she felt.

Myungsoo watched carefully in concern. It was starting. And it would only get worse.

 

Mia pinched the bridge of her nose and fought of an indigent whimper. She caught the attention of her friends and quickly dismissed herself, “I’m going to the bathroom. See you in class”

She walked into the school building without waiting for her friend’s response. She couldn’t stand to be out in the brightness any longer, before it truly damaged her.

Mia snuck into the restroom and the water tap. The cold water streamed through her fingers before they cupped into something like a bowl. With her wet hands, she wiped her hot face to cool herself down.

Mia sighed and looked into the mirror. Her hands fell to the base of her neck and she noticed a strange black mark on her wrist. It had never been there before.

She brought her hand to her face to look at the mark, her finger traced over the letter on her skin. Mia was astounded by it. she had never seen it before.

An italic ‘L’ was printed on the base of her thumb, just on her wrist.

Mia tried to wash it off but it was like a tattoo; permanent.

She pulled down her sleeve and rushed out of the bathroom. As soon as she did so, she bumped into someone.

Mia looked up and her eyes met with another pair. Myungsoo held firmly onto Mia’s waist. She shuddered at the weird familiarity to it.

He smiled down at Mia; she was even more beautiful up close.

There was a peaceful silence surrounding the two. Mia’s eyes remained locked with Myungsoo’s, barely paying any attention to what was going on around her. It was like she had seen them before somewhere, but she couldn’t put her finger on it.

Her heart was racing for some reason she could not understand. Reluctantly, Mia stepped away, “Sorry” she mumbled and quickly walked away.

When Mia was far enough, she leaned against the wall, breathing deeply to slowly down her elevated heart rate.

The ‘L’ mark on her wrist stung. Mia looked down at it. The mark had think curls coming off the letter. It spiralled up her arm only about an inch, and then stopped. She stared in confusion, convincing herself she was definitely going crazy.

Myungsoo watched from the end of the corridor. His eyes focused closer to Mia’s wrist.

 

It would only be a matter of time before the transformation was fully complete.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo~!

Whatcha think about the first chapter? ;D

Comment and Subscribe~