4

Love, Blood and War

Mia found a secluded corner in the library where she was sure that no one would find her. She was sure she would be able to find something of use if she looked in the right places on the internet. Her fingers rapidly tapped away at the keyboard, typing in her assigned password and moved the mouse with ease, clicking at the internet icon.

While scanning her brain for something to search, she decided to search his name, Kim Myungsoo. Mia felt silly whilst doing so; how many Kim Myungsoo’s could there be in the world? No way would she find him.

Resting her chin in her hand, Mia scrolled down the webpage, looking for anything that would pop up. Sighing to herself, she sat up straight and thought carefully. She closed her eyes and a warm flush swept through her. Myungsoo’s face kept coming back to her, smiling down at her.

Then a weird flashed of objects she was not familiar with. Her eyes refocused on a newspaper, strewn across a table and zoomed in on the date.

8thNovember 1901

Mia snapped her eyes open, more forcing them to open. Her brain couldn’t comprehend what she just saw. It was very clear that Myungsoo was with her, but during that date?

Without even thinking, her slender fingers wriggled hastily to get down the date and the name Kim Myungsoo. Waiting in anticipation for the page to load, her fingers tapped to a beat against teh table.

“What are you doing?” a voice sounded from behind her.

Mia jumped in her seat and quickly opened a new tab to hide what she was doing. Spinning round in her seat she was met with Myungsoo’s face, a breath away from hers. He was seated on a chair himself and was in front of her.

In surprise, her eyes rounded and her head back away a bit. She was still shaken about the dream she had about him and now all she could see was his face close to hers, just like the dream.

“N-nothing! What are you doing here?” Mia asked in a quivering voice but she quickly masked her nervousness by clearing .

Myungsoo gave her a boyish smile and knocked lightly of Mia’s forehead, “I should be asking you that”

Mia stuttered at the sudden contact with Myungsoo and couldn’t muster up a reply. He laughed in amusement and peeked at the computer screen. Mia quickly blocked his view, “We should go to class!” she blurted out.

Mia stood up, blocking Myungsoo even more. His eyes scrutinized over Mia, making her blush and muddle up her words even more. His look was beyond smouldering.

“What are you hiding Kim Mia?” Myungsoo demanded. She shivered when her name elated from his lips.

“I’m not hiding anything; we should go to class now” Mia suggested and tried to brush off the matter as casually as she could but inside, she was a nervous wreck. It would be completely embarrassing if Myungsoo saw what she was doing, or if anyone saw what she was doing.

“Never mind,” Myungsoo finally said, making Mia sigh out softly to herself, “I figured that it would lead to this; you always had to investigate”

Mia furrowed her brows. Why did he always talk as if they knew each other well? It was frustrating her badly, “Myungsoo, will hurry up and tell me then so I wouldn’t have to investigate!”

Myungsoo contemplated in his head. I wouldn’t hurt to tell Mia something; she would eventually find out.

He tapped his lips in thought, attracting attention to it from Mia. Immediately she blushed while Myungsoo was oblivious to it. His eyes lit up as he thought of something, “My name is Kim Myungsoo”

Mia blinked and wanted to slap her forehead, maybe even slap Myungsoo’s. “What? Is that all you could think of?!”

Myungsoo creased his brows in thought again, “Mm, I was born on 13thMarch”

Mia groaned once again, absolutely unsatisfied with the answers she was getting but then she lightened up and remembered something, “What year?” she asked.

“Er, year of the monkey” he replied cleverly.

Mia tilted her head, raising her eyebrows, “Really Myungsoo? What year was it?” she demanded with more force.

Myungsoo smiled nervously and suddenly he was gone. The gust of air blew at Mia, rippling through her clothes and blowing her hair back. She blinked furiously, wondering what the hell just happened. She muttered questions to herself but was slightly glad that he had gone. Maybe now she could do a little research on him.

Settling back in her seat she went back to the web page. She scrolled down the page, half expecting nothing useful to be there, until she saw something that interested her.

 

Fire at Elwood Manor
 

During the first night of spring, 1889, tragedy struck the Kim household. Kim Myungsoo, 20 and his recent lover, Kim Amelia, 19, were caught in a devastating fire at Elwood Manor...

 

The article went on but Mia had to stop reading. Her hair stood on end. Her full birth name was Kim Amelia but she never really liked that name so insisted on everyone calling her Mia. She gulped lightly scrolling down to find a picture. Horror evaded her face. There, printed clearly as day, her and Myungsoo together in attire that was considered old fashioned now, and both were smiling lovingly at each other.

Mia quickly shut down the computer, not wanting to find out anything else; she knew she wouldn’t be able to handle it.

Her mind wandered off to Myungsoo. Something inside her was now scared. Scared of the weird possibilities that could come out of this. There wasn’t a single doubt that what she had just read was a coincidence.

 

Myungsoo punched the brick wall, sending a splitting crack through the concrete and away from his clenched fist. He hated being the weak idiot who couldn’t form his own words to make Mia happy. The last time that happened, he almost lost her. He didn’t want to risk it again but Mia had taken him by surprise. Myungsoo hadn’t expected her to be so pressing about their past just yet.

He sighed, relaxing his shoulders.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo!”

Myungsoo spun around to see Mia standing there with her hands on her hips. Her fierceness made Myungsoo only love her more and put a subtle smile on his face.

“You have some explaining to do!” Mia stated. Myungsoo nervously smiled again but was interrupted by her again.

“And don’t you dare zoom off with that freaking speed of yours!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unedited~
So glad AFF is back; I was bored out of my mind without it! xP