16

Love, Blood and War

The vampires shuffled quietly through the woods that surrounded the castle. Jiho was at the front, along with Myungsoo, leading them towards the back of the castle.

“Where are we going then?” Woohyun asked, skipping closer to the front of the group. Jiho glanced at him warily before answering, “There’s some sort of trap door nearby; it goes straight to the castle basement.”

Myungsoo’s eyes shifted towards Jiho in suspicion, “And how do you know this?”

Jiho just shrugged and carried on with their small journey.

The other guys nodded in acknowledgment

“Why wasn’t this plan the first one?” Sungyeol thought aloud. Jiho simply ignored the other boy and continued walking into a small clearing, big enough to fit all fourteen. He walked onwards to a small gathering of leaves and brushed them aside and lifted a rusty handle.

A wooden door opened up, revealing nothing but darkness.

“The plan is simple now” Jiho said, “Find Mia, the witch and kill anyone in your way”

 

 

Mia looked at the shackles that bound her to the walls of the dungeon. It was true that her transformation was complete but the thing she needed most of all now was blood. But she refused to take anything from that man, Heechul. Hell would freeze over by then.

She began mustering all the strength she had within herself, channelling them all in her limbs, before she tore away from the metal restraints. Even though she was no longer bounded, without the blood in her system, she grew extremely tired.

Her eyes became heavier and her surrounding became a daze.

“Mia!”

The sound of her name being called made her even more confused. Who would call her here?

“Mia!”

Banging noises of doors became clearer and closer. Whatever it was, it was angry!

The dungeon door was flung away from its hinges and in came storming Myungsoo. Without thinking, he dropped down and cupped Mia’s face with care, whispering under his breath, “I found you”

She smiled in a drunken way, “Hey handsome”

Myungsoo smiled back, tucking her hair back to get a better view of her face, “I’ve missed you like hell”

Her arms managed to encircle his neck. The warmth was comforting. She held on tighter and rested her head on his shoulder. “Don’t leave me again” She whispered in his ear.

Myungsoo’s head nodded in sincerity that he would keep that promise.

Their moment was interrupted by two figures at the door. Jiho and Jaehyo.

“Hate to be such a buzz kill” Jaehyo started.

“But we found the witch” Jiho finished. Mia looked at them in question then back at Myungsoo. He lifted her up to her feet and vowed to explain on the way. She held onto his like he was a life support. She was incredibly exhausted at that moment.

Myungsoo pulled out a silver canister, “For you, drink it all” he said sternly.

Mia lifted the canister to her lips and was invaded by a rusty taste. The liquid danced around her tongue and down . It was truly refreshing. Within seconds, the canister was entirely empty.

The four raced up two staircases, looking round corners cautiously for anyone who may possibly be a threat.

“!” Jiho cursed, “Stay back” 

All of them hid in the other hallway as Jiho once again looked around the corner.

“What is it?” Myungsoo asked.

“One of those prehistoric soldiers is coming our way” Jiho said through clenched teeth.

“How do we beat it?” Jaehyo asked. Jiho’s lip quirked to the side for a second with not much hope, “It’s not easy; these things can kill us quickly.”

“So, how do we do it?” Mia asked impatiently. Jiho groaned, “Look, Jaehyo, go straight ahead and lead them to the witch, I’ll deal with the soldier ok”

“What? I’m not going to—” Jaehyo began protesting.

“It’s not up for arguing” Jiho growled, “Go now!” he glared at the three. He jumped out in front of the soldier, “Hey, ! Think you can handle me?”

That was the last thing the three heard as they began to rush past the other two, going straight for a double wooden door.

Myungsoo, Mia and Jaehyo tumbled through the door to be greeted by Taeil, Jihoon, Sungjong and Woohyun.

“Where are the others?” Myungsoo asked.

“They got caught up with some vampires” Taeil explained.

“Where is she then?” Jaehyo asked.

The other four exchanged nervous glances. Sungjong spoke up first, “She seems to be knocked out on the floor”

Mia looked in alarm for the witch and found her, head down, on the floor. She rushed to her and turned her over, tapping her cheek to wake her up. The witch slowly moved out of her temporary sleep, in somewhat pain. She began massaging her temples as if she was having the biggest headache.

Her green eyes focused and she looked around, slightly distressed she was surrounded by vampires. Especially those vampires; Myungsoo and Mia.

“What the hell...” she murmured.

“Basically,” Jihoon started, “You’ve been brainwashed by Heechul and now we need you to close the gate to hell and use your hocus pocus to get rid of the Army of Dead”

Jia, the witch, her eyes widened and her she shot up from her position on the floor. For a slight moment her eyes met with Myungsoo’s but she looked away, going back to her spell books, swearing and cursing under her breath.

“Do you think you can do it?” Mia asked. Jia looked at her for a second before returning to the page she was looking at, “I should be able to...”

Her mind was now shut off from her surroundings. Her body tingled with the immense power knitted in within each cell and her hair lost control, floating as if in water.

Words of Latin flew out of as the spirits around her were called and drawn to help, until the Army of Dead were no more.

 

Heechul stood outside his castle, watching his glory, watching hell unleash itself on the human world. It was be a matter of time before he ruled it. The expanding tear in the ground grew wider as more soldiers filed out, ready to serve their master.

It was only expected that Heechul grew worried when the opening to hell began to shrink. He squinted his eyes to make sure he wasn’t imagining things.

But then, all around him, his soldiers began rotting further, breaking apart and pieces of them crumbling away to nothing.

“No...” he said softly.

“NO! NOO!” he growled loudly, fuming with anger. He was so close to what he had desired for centuries. His eyes flashed up at his castles, using his heightened sense of hearing to confirm his suspicions.

Through the sounds of grunts and pounding fists, he found what he wanted. This time, he was going to win, no matter who got in the way.

 

Jia sighed loudly, shutting the book entirely and smiling in triumph, “I’d love to stay for the awkward conversation we could have now, but I no longer want to be here”

A puff of green smoke surrounded her and then she was gone.

“Wow, now if I had a power like that...”Woohyun muttered. Sungjong rolled his eyes and turned his attention to Mia, “So have you used your power yet?”

“Huh? No...What is it?” she asked. Sungjong’s smile brightened, “You have the ability to copy anyone’s power and use it as your own. For a limited time though”

“Awesome” she commented, “Let’s get out of here” 

Myungsoo held onto to her waist, kissing her temple lightly as they all began to file out. There was a sudden force against the couple as they were leaving and without realising it, they were the only ones left in the room.

 The door was shut, with Heechul standing in front of it. he gave them a sinister smirk, “Myungsoo, well, it has been a long time, hasn’t it?”

There were sounds of pounding fists against the door but whatever the other vampires did, there was no way they could possibly come through.

“What do you want?” Myungsoo scowled, “Isn’t it obvious? Mia doesn’t want to be with you. Each tiem, she chooses me. Stop being the pathetic idiot you always are and leave us alone”

Heechul’s face became redder with anger, glaring at the other with pure hatred. He screamed, out lunging from Myungsoo and driving a stake through his chest.

Mia’s moth dropped. Everything became mute to her. Her face was pale and drained with colour as Myungsoo dropped to the floor beside her. Yet she couldn’t move herself.

Her knees gave in though, buckling till she fell beside him. A shaking hand covered and cracking sobs. Heechul stood there, with no emotion whatsoever.

Mia’s eyes wandered up to Heechul. He was staring at Myungsoo, paying no attention to her. Her hands grabbed the stake from Myungsoo and he stabbed it into him, shoving his against the glass cabinet.

Shattered glass fell to the floor as Heechul’s face cracked up and turned to dust, along with the rest of him. The wooden stake rolled out of her hand and on to the floor. She turned around to find Myungsoo but he was already gone.