7

Love, Blood and War

“What are you doing on the floor?” Myungsoo asked Mia with his eyebrow furrowed and giving her a weird look. Mia could barely say a word. Her eyes were fixed on the man in front of her, wondering how it could even be possible that vampires existed. Myungsoo became more and more concerned as the seconds of silence went by. He carefully approached her, squatting down to reach her level.

Mia’s head instinctively went further back away from Myungsoo as his face was too close to hers.

“Are you ok Mia?” Myungsoo asked. Mia nodded quickly.

“You don’t look it” he stated. He raised his eyebrows when Mia’s eyes wandered down to his chest. Her eyes were drawn to the exact point to where the wooden stake was recklessly stabbed into Myungsoo. A rush of despair pulsed through her brain and heart as well. She could feel the pain she felt from the dream the moment she saw her lover’s weakened body surrounded by fire.

Myungsoo became slightly wary. He lifted Mia’s head up with his index finger, his eyes piercing into hers and pulling her face dangerously close to his.

“Yah” he said in a low voice, “What did you dream of?”

Mia had only his eyes to look into and the moment she did she knew the word would be formed by her lips in a matter of seconds.

“Why do you stay here if this is where you died?” Mia asked. Myungsoo raised his eye brows in surprise and it dawned to him of what she dreamt of.  “You shouldn’t come here so soon” he said under his breath.

“So you want me to leave?” Mia asked, slightly annoyed having heard Myungsoo say that. He sighed, “Are you crazy? He has been following you ever since so he knows you’re here. The moment you leave, he will take you away! And that’s when things get worse...” he trailed off.

He stood up, pulling Mia along with her. “You know what I am then?” Myungsoo asked.

Mia nodded with a small feeling that maybe she maddened Myungsoo. He groaned lightly, knowing what he caused. She suddenly felt arms around her body, enclosing her in warmth and safety. The hug was much longer than last time.

“Myungsoo...” Mia whispered.

“Mm?”

“Am I...am I a, you know” Mia struggled to form the question properly and felt her cheeks flare up as Myungsoo pulled back to get a good look at her face.

“Wait here, I’ll get you something to eat” Myungsoo ushered Mia to sit on the bed and left the room. Mia sighed in frustration but knew she could do nothing. Myungsoo wouldn’t tell her until he was ready, or if she found out herself.

Mia stood up, not wanting to stick around in this room any longer. Slowly, she opened the door, cringing as the hinges squeaked. She healed her breath and listened for anything nearby. Sighing to herself, she tip toed out the room and walked casually down the corridors.

The minute she e corner, she was startled by an unknown face.

“Hey, you’re not supposed to be wandering around” The man said although his features were prettier than just being manly. Mia tilted her head, knowing she had seen this face from somewhere.

“Sung...jong?” she cautiously said. Sungjong beamed suddenly, relaxing his serious expression, “You remember me!”

Mia nervously laughed at the excited boy, “Just about honestly”

“Even so, you remembered me” Sungjong sang, “Oh, Myungsoo hyung won’t be happy that you’re walking around”

“And why not? I used to live here too!” Mia retaliated. Sungjong still smiled, “Hyung says that if you have see anything else you might pass out again” he said in a bored tone, “The amount of times he has said that to us today!”

Mia frowned, “Eh? How long was I out of it?”

“Two days!” Sungjong said with innocent eyes.

She nodded silently and wondered if Sungjong was a vampire too. He seemed too sweet to be one, “Are one as well then?” she finally asked.

“Mhm” Sungjong nodded. His head perked up, “Quick, back to your room. Hyung is coming back”

He turned her around and placed his hands on his shoulders. In seconds, Mia was back in her room, sitting down on the edge of the bed just like how Myungsoo left her.

Myungsoo returned and placed a tray full of food beside Mia. Only now did she realise how hungry she was and began munching on a sandwich. Myungsoo sat beside her and smiled, “Mia, next time I won’t be so tolerant of you leaving the room without me”

Mia slowed down her chewing and smiled sheepishly, causing Myungsoo to laugh a bit.

“Who is he Myungsoo?” She asked. Myungsoo breathed in heavily, “Someone we need to destroy. For the sake of us and everyone else”

 

 

The stone walled corridors gave off an even icier chill as he sauntered down them. His footsteps made loud and powerful clacks against the wood floors. His anger boiled through his blood as it coursed around his body. His nose flared as he walked closer to a Ming vase.

His slender fingers curled round the vase and lifted it above his head. With a furious cry of rage, his arm swung down, letting the vase fall to the ground, smashing it into nothing but glass splinters and shards.

“MAID!” his voice bellowed and echoed off each soulless wall of the large castle. A petite woman rushed to his aid, obvious that she was in a trance. There endless amount of bites all over her skin, some old and some very fresh.

“Clean this up” he growled, venting all his anger out at anything near him. He was revolted by Myungsoo and the way Mia would always run back to him.

Not this time. This he would be sure to take what he rightfully deserved. He would make her his queen. And there would be nothing to stop him.

He pushed through the double doors that lead to a large lounging room. His men and followers were huddled around, talking amongst themselves. The talking slowly stopped as every eye landed on their leader.

“It’s been a while huh?” he said, his arrogant voice lingering from ear to ear.

One of the men stood up and walked closer to him. His smile never left his face as he patted the shoulder of his master, “It’s about time too Heechul”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have chosen Heechul! He's just so easy to portray that arrogance and rage that I want the villain to have! SO YAY HEECHUL! [from Super Junior btw xD]