11

Love, Blood and War

Mia looked at the calendar on her phone, slowly mouthing the numbers as she counted up to the day of her birthday. As much as she wanted to run away from the problems she was indebted with, it was obvious that even attempting would fail.

“4 days” she whispered to herself. The night breeze tousled her hair slightly backwards as she carefully stepped through the back garden. It was a vast area of greens and hints of browns here and there. What intrigued her most was the maze at the far end. Myungsoo had told her that it was a very simple design. The large hedges seemed to have a mind of their own; the thin branches tangled and locked together in a way that it was almost possible to hide within the hedges if one wanted too.

Her light footsteps made it closer to the towering entrance of the maze. With a mischievous smile, she skipped inside. Her eyes darted around from corner to each leafy corner, making note of every turn she made.

Somehow she had managed to find the centre with of all the walking, but there was also something else there. A pure white gazebo was situated in the middle of the clearing. Some of the wooden pillars had thin pieces of vines winding its way around, pinpointed with pink flowers.

“Wow” she whispered under her breath, like it was the most mesmerising thing she’s ever seen. It may have looked simple but it had an immense air to it that almost made her feel weightless.

Mia was now stepping up the small steps, her fingers ghosting up the pillars, touching the vines along the way. Her footsteps were much louder with a hollow sound to it.

There was a creak behind her and then a “Boo!”

The voice muttered lowly in her ear. She laughed, the hot breath tickling her ear.

Mia turned around, caging her arms around Myungsoo’s neck. At first she was surprised at how close he was to her but let that feeling slide off her. There was a peaceful silence surrounding them and Myungsoo wouldn’t stop staring into her eyes. His lips landed on hers and everything else became a blur.

His tongue coaxed gently, her lips gently for an entrance. Myungsoo’s hands rested comfortable on her hips, creeping slowly up her top. His cold hands came in contact with the skin of her back, making her flinch ever so slightly as sparks flew through her nerve system.

The kiss became heated and fierce. Mia’s lips were tugged and bruised as Myungsoo nibbled hungrily whilst letting his tongue swipe across hers. His moist lips travelled down her jaw, kissing softly, nipping at her skin every now and again.

He felt hesitant for a moment. He wanted to say something. So badly; but was scared that Mia wouldn’t be ready yet.

“I...” he began. She looked at him, waiting for the rest of his sentence.

He kissed her once again, pulling her bottom lip as he back away a small distance from her face, “Love you...”

A smile formed on Mia’s face, her eye forming crescents as she did so. Before she could reply or say a word, a blur of black rushed past the left side of the gazebo. There was another behind them and another.

Mia held onto Myungsoo’s hand tightly, fear dominating her. Myungsoo kept a firm hold on her, protecting the one he loved. A louder snicker came from behind them. The couple spun round to be met by a man with dirty blonde hair. He leaned casually against the wooden pillar, eyeing down the two.

“Kim Myungsoo is it?” he asked. Myungsoo said nothing. The man named Jiho laughed once again, “Ah, then you must be Mia!” he pointed at her, only to have her cower behind Myungsoo.

“Who are you?” Myungsoo finally spoke up. Jiho smirked, “That’s for me to know. I’m here for the girl so hand her over”

It was Myungsoo’s turn to laugh. “You are kidding me? What makes you think I’ll just hand her over to you?” He scoffed lightly, making fun of Jiho.

“This” with a click of his finger, Jiho’s brothers came out form hiding. All six of them surrounded the gazebo and they all had sinister looks on their faces.

“Now” Jiho began, “You can give me Mia now or I’ll get all six of them to beat you to the brink of death, and let you burn in the sun” Of course, Jiho was bluffing; there would be no point to the whole kidnapping if either Myungsoo or Heechul were dead.

Mia heard a growl elate from Myungsoo. He was getting angrier. There was no way he would let Mia get taken away by a bunch of idiot vampires.

But then, Mia didn’t want them to hurt Myungsoo. It was always him protecting her. Maybe, this time...it was her turn.

“Fine. I’ll go” Mia announced.  An amused sneer formed on Jiho’s face while Myungsoo’s head snapped back in disbelief, “Like hell you are” Myungsoo cried out.

She cupped his face a pressed her lips against his for a moment, “I don’t want you to get hurt” He embraced her tightly but within seconds, she was gone with a rush of wind. And so were Jiho and the rest.

 

Mia gasped as her feet finally settled on solid ground. Jiho placed her in a room of her own. He kept a straight face throughout the whole process of handing her clothes and literally shoving a tray of food on the nightstand.

“Right then” He sighed, “Let’s see who gets here first, Heechul or Myungsoo”

The colour drained from her face the moment that name left his lips. In her head, she started praying that whatever happened, Myungsoo would find her first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I admit, not the best chapter, but things are about to get exciting!!

 

I think this story will be a maximum of 20 chapters, just to warn ya~

Comment and let me know what you think ^^