5

Love, Blood and War

“You have to the strangest and frustrating person I’ve ever met” Mia blurted out. “Ever since you’ve arrived, weird things keep happening to me and it doesn’t help when you’re all mysterious out. My mind is filled with unexplainable images and a mark on my arm that seems to be growing every time I am with you,” she listed while pulling up her sleeve to reveal the intricate tattoo.

“You act like and talk like we’ve been friends forever and now I find out that we, you and me, died in a fire more than a hundred years ago. How is that possible?” Mia cried. Her eyes were b with tears of confusion and frustration. She hated this feeling; the feeling of being blind and not knowing anything.

Myungsoo immediately noticed and his once surprised expression relaxed and softened. He didn’t think it would affect Mia this much, but now thinking about the situation, things really did spiral out of his control too quickly. “I’m sorry”

His legs took over and he marched forward, arms encircling Mia’s frame till they met at her back. He hugged Mia but not for long. He pulled away within a few seconds, making Mia want more than just a three second hug from.

However Myungsoo knew that if he comforted his love any further, the truth would slip out of his mouth in one long string of words. He couldn’t allow that. With the new information not only would it unsettle Mia, it would make her vulnerable to them. If she knew what she was, they would surely find them faster. He lightly patted her head, “I can’t tell you anything yet”

Mia sighed, exasperated, “Why not? I deserve as much”

“You’re not ready” Myungsoo replied firmly. He frowned with all the guilt racking up in his brain, “Please trust me on this”

“Fine...” Mia glanced behind Myungsoo for a moment and focused her eyes. There was a jolt of fear within her; whatever she was looking at had the effect to make her a quivering mess, full of terror and uncertainty.

Myungsoo furrowed his brows, seeing Mia become so pale.      

“Myungsoo...someone’s watching me, us!” As he was about to turn to shoo away Mia’s observer, she stopped him, grabbing his arm, “No don’t! You’ll make it worse”

It was that dark figure. She hadn’t seen it, him, whoever it was, since that morning and now seeing it again, it felt like a black hole. Full of bleak emptiness and hatred for anything that came close enough.

“I’ll take you home” Myungsoo offered, cautiously pulling Mia away. With stumbling steps, she found herself outside of school but still very quiet. Myungsoo looked back for a moment yet saw nothing that could be of evidence of Mia’s assumptions. Not wanting to take any risks, he wove an arm around Mia’s waist and rushed to the door of her apartment in a spit of a second.

Mia looked around her confused, very sure that not long ago they were stepping out the gates of school. She didn’t question it, although normal people would have. She figured that with the news she had recovered, there was no way she was normal.  “Thank you” she whispered.

Myungsoo nodded, “Lock all your doors, windows and invite no one in, ok” he gave her a piercing look that made her look straight into them. They were a lovely dark brown; very rich in the colour.

Mia nodded and then entered her apartment. The sighting had shaken her. It wasn’t like the time before. The deadly shadow was targeting her; she felt it. The thing was making her skin crawl as if she could feel its stare still on her, clawing away.

Falling onto her bed, her eyes closed instantly and she fell asleep, forgetting Myungsoo’s advice.

 

“Myungsoo!” Mia called, a wide smile on her face. She sauntered through the hallway towards his room happily. She entered without hesitation and her smile faded.

“Oh, sorry, I was looking for Myungsoo” she said quietly, finding it hard to make eye contact with her own boyfriend’s best friend.

A twisted smile appeared on his face. Unluckily for Mia, he traipsing around his a pair of shorts. “That’s very alright Amelia”

Mia cringed at her full name, “Mia,” She stated. He walked closer to her, with that smirk never leaving his face. He had back her against the wall, a hand resting above her head, “Amelia sounds so much more mature”

Mia looked down at the ground, willing Myungsoo to arrive. Now.

His hand landed on her arm. He hissed, drawing back his arm, stepping away from her. His brows knitted with anger and his roughly pulled her sleeve up, revealing the ‘L’ tattoo.

 

Mia sprang up in her bed. She rubbed her temples, feeling a headache coming on. She trudged into the kitchen and looked in the cupboard for some aspirin, not feeling a certain presence in the kitchen with her.

She gulped away the water and placed her glass in the sink. She turned round and saw someone sitting on the other side of the kitchen. The shadow covered whoever it was and gave Mia the biggest fright. A horrified scream left her lips and ran out of this kitchen in haste.

She didn’t bother looking for her shoes or behind her. She simply ran out of her apartment.

Mia ran towards the elevators, needing to get away as far away as possible. It was him. The man who she dreamt about. She didn’t want to dream about him; never wanted to see his face.

Tears streamed down her face as she recalled every emotion she felt in that dream and feeling her drumming pulse throb through her veins.

Mia’s eyes blurred and she ran straight into something solid. She felt hands tighten around her wrist. On instinct, she began struggling a crying out for help.

“Mia! Mia! Calm down!!”

Upon hearing Myungsoo’s voice, she stopped and looked up. A wave of relief came over her and her face was stained with even more tears.

“What happened?” He asked, holding Mia against his chest, her hair to calm her nerves.

“He was there, in my apartment...” Mia whimpered.

“Who was?” Myungsoo demanded. Anger was boiling up inside him; whoever had scared the out of Mia would pay.

“...He would never leave me alone...even after we started to date...he wouldn’t get the message” Mia began to mumble and then it all clicked for Myungsoo.

They had already found the couple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

ANNYEONG!! :D
SHINEE IS BACK!!!!!!! DAEBAK!!!!!!!!