CHAPTER 17: AWKWARD

I Knew I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD PERSON POV

 

"Irene?" The tall girl was startled to see her ex girlfriend. 

 

"Lisa, it was so nice to see you again. It's been a long time." Irene went closer to them and hug the taller woman much to the shock of Jennie.

 

The kitten makes her presence felt by letting a not so subtle cough. Lisa quickly catch up and introduce the two. 

 

"Ah, Jennie, this is Irene. Irene, this is Jennie." 

 

"Hi, Irene. Please to meet you." The stranger extends her hand. 

 

"Jennie." The feline-eyed answered.

 

"Ah, how do you tow know each other?" Jennie curiously asked. 

 

The smaller girl speaks abruptly much to the dismay of Lisa. 

 

"We met in college. Her friend and I were clubmates. He introduced us and we clicked immediately."

 

Deja vu Jennie thought. She just heard that story a few minutes again. She tries to shake of the idea but as she observes how the Irene looks and moves around her monkey...no this cannot be, she thought.

 

"What are you doing here in Korea?"

 

"I'm an audit consultant in a small bank here. They want me to oversea the acquisition of the bank."

 

"Really? What's the name of the bank?" Lisa asked. 

 

"Jeonju Rural Bank." Lisa's eyes widened as she looked at Jennie who is also shocked.

 

"Jeonju? Are you sure about that?" Lisa asked.

 

"Yup. I know that you're the COO of the bank that wants to acquire it. I'm excited to work with you Lisayah. Just like the old times." Irene's said in full aegyo which irritated Jennie more.

 

"Just like the old times? Why? Is Lisa also the member of the club?" Jennie does not know if it is the right thing to do but she really wants to know if her hunch was right.

 

If Jennie could turn back time, she will not asked that question again. Upon hearing her question, Irene's face became a blushing mess as the smaller girl face Lisa and softly said,

 

"Not really. But Lisa here, she was...we used to be together." Irene shyly explained and bowed her head.

 

"Oh, THE EX-GIRLFRIEND. We we're just talking about you." Jennie's irritation or should she say jealousy is now at its peak. She needs to do something because apparently Lisa became mute since she saw her ex.

 

"Good things I hope."

 

"Oh, yes. Well, Lisa here wants to be very honest to me. Like all the people who's courting someone. They want to be very honest about their intentions and such." Jennie emphasized the word courting just to prove her point.

 

"Oh." was the only word that Irene said upon heari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter