Chapter (3)

Addicted To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Chapter 3]​​​​​

 

The rising sun rays gradually illuminated Seoyeon’s apartment, though she was already fully awake past six in the morning. She sat in her living room still in her pajamas as she carefully observed the placards in her hand. She had thought about what Baekhyun had said to her back in the movie theater throughout the night, being impressed by his wisdom. 

 

She had also realized how stupid she had been all these years, trying to hide away from the world whereas she should have been enjoying her life more instead.  

 

His words had so much impact on her; she felt stupid for depriving herself of the things she loved the most just because she had divorced.

 

She pushed herself off the couch and stepped out of her apartment, her master key and the placards she made earlier this morning in her hand. Seoyeon opened the apartment directly next to hers and she walked into the empty living room.

 

Ever since she got divorced, she had promised herself to never be deceived by men or even get closer to any of them. For that reason, she had refused to rent this flat, and she had shut it for those last two years.

 

Kwansoo had suggested that he wanted to rent this exact apartment, but she had refused and had been even ready to reject him from her building so he had reluctantly given up.

 

“Today I’m letting go of my biggest fear and renting it because I urgently need the money.” Seoyeon ended up laughing at herself for talking to an apartment as if the empty rooms could hear her. 

 

However, she did need the money, although it wouldn’t be enough to clear the pending loan, it would help clear more than half of the remaining amount. 

 

Seoyeon shut the apartment again and came down to the first floor. The five-story building was quite huge with spacious rooms for each flat. She was living on the last floor divided into three penthouses.

 

She walked through the big gate and put up the placards she was holding earlier on the walls of each side of the street. The content clearly stated that a three-bedroom penthouse was up for rentals and she made sure it was visible enough for people to notice them.

 

“All done.” She muttered to herself, clapping her hands together before crossing the compound, coming back to her room to start her day. It was Sunday and Seoyeon was normally resting, just watching some good comedy movies when she would return from the Sunday Mass.


 

--


 

“Her name is Kim Seoyeon and she’s a divorcee,” Jongin informed Baekhyun; the young heir stared at his best friend for a while as he processed the intel before asking:

 

“How old is she? Is she currently single?”

 

“She’s thirty years old and she has no one,” Jongin replied, but then he looked at his friend, trying to study his facial expression or at least to know what he was thinking, but he couldn’t figure it out.

 

“She is looking too beautiful and young to be thirty years old.” Baekhyun had a peaceful smile gracing his lips as he thought about her. “And she’s quite brave, I like that.” He chuckled and Jongin stared at him in shock. He was about to ask why he had been sent to get such details when Jane walked into Baekhyun’s room.

 

“Baekhyun!” She screamed before throwing herself over Baekhyun for a tight hug. Baekhyun in turn smiled and hugged her back.

 

“Hey Jane, I missed you so much, how have you been?” 

 

“Great! Though I had missed you, badly. It’s been such a long time!” She pulled away from the hug to look at Baekhyun and Jongin, signaling with her eyes to the latter a silent request. Jongin got the hint and sighed.

 

“See you at the party, Baekhyun,” Jongin muttered, then he patted his friend on his shoulder before exiting the room. 

 

Jane smirked once Jongin was gone, she needed more intimacy with Baekhyun; the man she was about to get engaged to in a few hours. Although Baekhyun has no idea about the engagement yet, Jane did and she was eagerly looking forward to it.

 

“Indeed, you’ve grown up so well and you’ve become beautiful.” Baekhyun sat on his bed and Jane imitated him staying close to her “friend.” They had been friends since childhood and they shared everything including secrets.

 

Their friendship was great until Jane’s parents and Baekhyun’s parents decided to get their children married when they are both graduates. It was common among wealthy families to get their children married, it would increase their public fame and their power in high society.

 

“So, what have you been up lately? Any romance?” Jane asked, trying to figure out if Baekhyun was already in a relationship, and she was hoping he wasn’t.

 

“There’s nothing much happening, except taking over the company from my dad very soon.” Baekhyun didn’t seem happy when he said the last part but he still had a smile on his face.

 

“And no romance, still single.” He added, only slightly hesitating inwardly before answering. He had thought of Seoyeon the moment he had heard Jane’s question. However, it was still too early to disclose his love at first sight for her to his friend. He was still processing his feelings after all.

 

“Oh, that’s great then.” Jane couldn’t help but widely smile, unable to hide her joy over his answer. She got up from the bed. “Let’s go to the living room, the guests have all arrived. You decently can’t let them wait since it’s your welcome back party.”

 

“Yeah, I know about that and I hate it.” Baekhyun sighed and pushed his body off the bed before leaving the room beside Jane.


 

--

 

Baekhyun sat next to Jongin, Jane, and other high-borns like him, watching the invited singers’ performance designed to entertain the guests. Indeed, Baekhyun seemed to enjoy the party despite disliking his mother’s inclination to celebrate any mere event.

 

He witnessed the celebration unfolding right in front of his eyes and enduring every step her mother had planned. The guests donated a huge amount of money straight to Baekhyun’s account. 

All thanks to her mother having engraved the account number on the invitation cards.

 

It has always been a tradition for rich families to host a party for their children who just graduated and give them gifts, Baekhyun was no exception.

 

Madam Anna who is known as a very reserved and dignified elderly woman gave Baekhyun a spec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter