Chapter (2)

Addicted To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 2]​​​​​

 

Seoyeon rolled her eyes as she tried to avoid the unwanted conversation with Baekhyun, but the young man didn’t seem to back down any time soon.

 

Sighing deeply, Seoyeon looked at Baekhyun with sharp displeased eyes making him fairly back away.

 

"Look, I appreciate your kind gestures earlier but, please, do understand that you're a stranger and for that reason, I can't disclose my name to you." Seoyeon glared at Baekhyun one last time before looking away. 

 

Looking out through the window to avoid Baekhyun's gaze, she began to wonder why the young man was curious about her name. He was visibly younger than her, so why on earth would he make a move on her? 

She shook the thought of her head and luckily enough the ice cream and pizza shop was just ahead.

 

Seoyeon stepped out of the bus, but not before being surprised by the bus driver apologizing to her about his reckless earlier actions. In response, Seoyeon sternly nodded, advising him to be careful next time.

 

The street was unusually quiet deserted; enjoying her walk peacefully, she was about to text Minhee that she was on her way but she suddenly discerned close footsteps behind her and immediately halted then turned around.

 

Seoyeon's eyes widened in shock when they recognized her stalker. She pursed her lips in an attempt to suppress her rising anger.

  

"Are you following me?" Her tone betraying her annoyance. Since this morning she was keeping to sound that way, her bad mood increasing at each encounter, Kwansoo then this charming yet bugging man.

 

"No, I'm not," Baekhyun responded while looking at the aggressive woman with steady eyes. Pissed, she approached him and waved her phone against his face angrily.

 

"I hate stalkers. The only reason I'm not calling the cops right now is that you saved me from falling back then. Stop following me and go your way, I'm warning you." Seoyeon's eyes were filled with a mix of exasperation and fear as she made her intentions clear. 

 

Baekhyun stared at her for a while, reading her body language, deciphering her mindset. The truth was that he fell deeply in love with Seoyeon the very first time he had seen her entering the bus. 

 

Baekhyun was intrigued by his reaction. Setting his eyes on her had been enough to make his heart skip a beat. He had never believed in love at first sight though. However, no other reason would have explained the urge he was feeling to know more about her, to talk to her, to be aware of her likes and dislikes until he witnessed her. He had almost inwardly thanked the reckless bus driver for allowing him to talk to her and be that close to alluring features he must admit.

 

"I'm not a stalker, Missy. I'm only here to see my best friend at our favorite place,  so please calm down and stop being scared." Baekhyun explained calmly, trying to reassure her.

 

At that moment, Seoyeon realized that she was the one in the wrong. After what had happened to her years ago, she had never opened up to any friendship of any kind. The only person in her life was Minhee, so she couldn't tell when someone was being genuine with her or not.

 

She moved away from Baekhyun and held tight her purse as she tried to hide her fear.

 

"I'm sorry for misjudging you." She apologized right away, bowing slightly and Baekhyun smiled it off.

 

"It's no big deal, I understand your reaction. But trust me, I'm not that kind of man who would take advantage of a woman. I respect women a lot." Baekhyun nodded his head to his own words before looking back at Seoyeon who seemed a bit off.

 

"But I'd be so grateful if I could have the privilege to hear the name of an angel like you. Please." Baekhyun stepped closer to her with a wide grin, but she simply withdrew before staring intensely at him. 

 

He was wearing black jeans with a white shirt, a black jacket covering it. His canvas seemed pretty expensive as well as the necklace and wristwatch sported. In conclusion, she had nothing to do with him and wouldn’t disclose her name to a stranger.

 

"I am not an angel, but a human-like you.” She retorted, pragmatically adding, “I'm sorry, but I see no reason for you to know my name so stop asking about it." She turned around and walked down to the pizzeria. 

 

A warm smile graced her lips when she saw her friend waiting inside the shop. She waved at her before walking further into the dining area and settled down next to Minhee.

 

"What took you so long?" Minhee asked before hugging Seoyeon. 

 

"Nothing much, just a weird random guy, but I guess it's over now." Seoyeon frowned at the thought of Baekhyun asking about her name and addressing her as an angel earlier. 

 

It had been awkward, but she felt glad that the guy wasn't following her for real. Kwansoo's nonsense was choking hard on her, she couldn’t afford to have another man to deal with also.

 

"Pepperoni, beef, or chicken pizza?" Minhee's question snapped Seoyeon from her deep thought.

 

"A mixture of both beef and chicken. I hate pepperonis." 

 

"I know, just teasing you." The mischievous woman picked up her purse as she got up from her seat.

 

"What flavor of ice cream? Strawberry?" Minhee's facial expression clearly showed that she was in a playful mood. Seoyeon rolled her eyes, laughing softly at the expensive joke.

 

"You want to kill me, right?"

 

"Just kidding, you know. I will get the chocolate flavor." Minhee poked at Seoyeon's left cheek before walking off.

 

---

 

"So, she hates pepperoni and she is allergic to strawberries. Noted." Baekhyun muttered. Ever since he entered the shop and sat a couple of tables behind Seoyeon, all he could think of was the woman in front of him.

 

He didn’t know a thing about her, not even her name, sadly. So each tiny detail he could grasp from their conversation was as precious as a jewel. The young man leaned against the seat’s back to look relaxed instead of suspicious, his body tending to bend toward the table’s women every time they were speaking.

 

"Baekhyun!" The young man turned toward the familiar voice, smiling brightly at the sight of his best friend, Jongin.

 

"Jongin!" Baekhyun went to meet and hug him. They shared a long brotherly embrace before pulling away.

 

"What should I get you?" Baekhyun asked but the other male rolled his eyes before chuckling.

 

"Dude you just arrived, I should be the one in charge of what you're going to eat, not the other way round." Jongin pressed his lips together before smiling brightly as he just got an idea.

 

"How about chicken pizza and vanilla ice cream?" Jongin suggested since he already knows that it's Baekhyun's favorite.

 

"Let's try a mixture of beef and chicken for the pizza, and chocolate ice cream." Baekhyun cut in and Jongin stared at him for a while before walking off after nodding his head.

 

--

 

"Your mom called me earlier and she's not happy," Jongin said as he took a bite of his pizza.

 

"I know, but she should also know that I'm a grown man, I can take care of myself." Baekhyun seemed displeased by the way his mother always was handling issues regarding him. It's not as if she was caring because she wasn’t. All she had ever cared about was her reputation and throwing lavish parties.

 

"I will head home after our lunch, but first I want you to help me find out everything about that woman wearing a black dress. Would you?" Baekhyun pleaded and Jongin turned around to have a closer look at Seoyeon just to be sure of the exact person Baekhyun was referring to.

 

"Consider it done, but you have to go back home now, I told your mother that you were coming and I guess she's going to throw a party for you." 

 

"I know she would and that's exactly what I hate the most. Why waste so much money when you can easily help poor people." Baekhyun sighed as he thought about the uncountable expensive parties his mom and aunt had always held. 

 

He stood up from his seat, his mood was already sour but Jongin tried to keep him happy by telling him some funny jokes, luckily it helped.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Jinhee smiled after ending the call she just received. She looked up at her husband who was busy staring at her with demanding eyes.

 

"Baekhyun is coming home, we should start planning for his welcome back party." Jinhee seemed very excited about it, she would have time to show off her wealth, fame, and power once again and oppressed the middle-class people as always.

 

"Baekhyun hates it when you waste money on little things, I advise you to forget about that celebration." Minwoo tried to reason his wife. 

 

Unfortunately, she chuckled and romantically caressed his chest while looking at him.

 

"This party isn't only for Baekhyun's return; it's also for his engagement to Jane." She explained, trying to make her point clear to her husband.

 

"That's true. We need to get Baekhyun and Jane engaged soon before he fully has access to my company. You should effectively proceed with the party plans, I have some documents to take care of, I would be in my office." With that being said, the billionaire walked away, leaving the planning to his wife.

 

--

 

Baekhyun stood at the front of his parent's huge mansion, staring at the building. He could see people going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter