Chapter (20)

Addicted To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Chapter 20]​​​​​

 

 

Miran knew how desperate and evil Sana was. She could still remember the hatred in her eyes the day she had offered to help them to ruin Seoyeon.

 

"No, we must save Seoyeon." The woman quickly called out to one of the policemen passing by, she couldn't risk wasting any more time.

 

"What's wrong?" The man sounded sarcastic, but he was ready to listen at least.

 

"Please can I see Minseok? There's something urgent I need to discuss with him. Please." Miran sounded tense, it was a life and death matter and she could only rely on Minseok to deal with it.

 

However, the man wasn't ready to listen. He simply stared at Miran for a while before shaking his head.

 

"Sorry, but I can't do that. Besides, Minseok just left the station, so that won't be possible." The man turned around to walk away, but Miran was fast to call him back, this time with more force in her voice as she spoke.

 

"Seoyeon's life is in danger, she will die if you don't listen to me and you be held responsible for her death. I will tell Minseok and everyone that you were aware of what was about to happen, yet you refused to act accordingly." Miran didn't blink, she had a decided look as she tried to convince the man and it worked.

 

He looked at her for a while before walking closer to her.

"What are you implying? Be more specific if you want me to act accordingly."

 

"Seoyeon's cousin, Sana, has plotted to kidnap Seoyeon today and kill her by sunset. There is almost no time left, her husband is away and the gateman is on Sana’s side. Please, warn immediately Minseok." 

 

The seriousness in her eyes achieved to persuade the man and he rushed away without sparing another glance at the woman. He was about to take out his phone when he witnessed the man in question walking into the office.

 

"Sir, we have an emergency." The policeman was loud enough for Minseok to halt and turn toward the policeman.

 

"What’s the matter?"

 

"Mr. Baekhyun's wife is in danger. Her cousin is planning to kidnap her then kill her before sunset today, and the gateman is working with her."

 

Hearing the information, Minseok's eyes widened in shock.

 

"Seoyeon?! Who told you this?"

 

"Miran did and she sounded dead serious. Sir, I think we should-" 

 

"Keep an eye on Miran and Jane, I will call you once I check it out." Minseok cut the man off before exiting the station right away. He didn’t believe Miran and her daughter, more so, he had an important issue to confirm, when he would be done, he would head straight to see Seoyeon.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Jinhee and Minhee sat with Seoyeon in the living room, eating some fruit after having a nice dinner. The pregnant woman was missing her husband so much that she kept on sighing from time to time. 

 

It's been over a week since the CEO traveled to London for business. Although he used to travel to different countries for business purposes, he didn’t stay up to a week. This was way too important for him to sit out, and Seoyeon had also convinced him that she would be fine. However, now she couldn't stop thinking about him to the point she was unknowingly muttering his name in her sleep.

 

"I miss my husband so much." She sighed again before pouting and Minhee chuckled at her cuteness.

 

"Don't worry Seoyeon, your husband will be back soon and you will spend all the time you want with him," Minhee assured her and Jinhee nodded before caressing her face.

 

"Minhee is right. Baekhyun will be back soon alright?" She smiled and got up to get a glass of milk for Seoyeon, however the door to the living room was suddenly pushed open by two huge armed men walking into the living room.

 

Jinhee gasped and quickly walked over to Seoyeon who seemed very scared.  She stood in front of her in an attempt to protect her.

 

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Jinhee asked, his voice as imperious as ever. Although she was scared, she fought against her fear, hating being intimated.

 

The men remained silent only answering her by pointing their guns at Jinhee, making the woman unwillingly flinching.

 

"Who they are isn't important Mrs. Byun. What you should worry about is why they are threatening you." Sana walked into the room with a dark smirk playing on her lips. Seoyeon's eyes doubled in size even more in shock.

 

"What do you want, Sana?" Seoyeon succeeded to ask without stuttering under her fright.

 

The older cousin chuckled. "What do I want? Are you that stupid? Our armed intrusion into your lovely wealthy mansion isn’t enough to clue you?" Sana shook her head and started caressing the gun in her hand as she slowly stepped closer to Seoyeon.  

 

"I want to kill you, how about that?" Sana pointed the gun to Seoyeon and this time she wasn't joking anymore. She looked so serious and pissed that Seoyeon clearly understood it.

 

"Please put down the gun. We're related, how can you think of killing me?  Plus, I have done nothing wrong to you." The pregnant woman tried to reason her, but it upset Sana even more.

 

"Don’t you dare play the innocent martyred girl! You have wronged me in so many ways Seoyeon! You took away everything I've ever loved; you got the best of all and now you're living like a queen. You stand there looking so effortlessly beautiful and you ask me such nonsense?! Damn you Seoyeon!!!" Sana screamed, fury and hatred drove her crazy, making her hand shaken when she quickly pointed the gun back at Seoyeon.

 

"I was going to kidnap you and kill you, but right now I can't bear to see you breathing anymore. I hate you so much with every single blood running into my veins. Your life ends here and now, cousin." Sana spat while she was about to pull the trigger, but the living room suddenly went black. There wasn’t a single sparkle of light coming from anywhere since the sun had set and the next sound heard came from the men groaning and shouting in pain.

 

It continued for a brief moment before the lights were back on.

 

"Useless craps. What on earth made you think that you would succeed in killing our Seoyeon? I've been in this mansion ever since I warned of your insane plan, and I asked Seoyeon, Mother, and Minhee to play along." Minseok hissed scornfully as he glared at the men and Sana kneeling on the floor with handcuffs restraining their wrist.

 

"Your dirty games end here and now.” He took a certain pleasure to imitate her last sentence. “You will be charged for attempted murder twice and I promise you that you will regret it, Sana." He looked at his men just arriving, then asked them to arrest Sana and her men including the gateman. “Don’t forget to read them their Miranda rights before interrogating them, I want this case to be flawless and secure their future sentence.”

 

Once they were gone, Seoyeon came out from her hiding spot and hugged Minseok before addressing him by the way he had always wished for.

 

"Thank you so much, brother! This is the second time you're saving me. Thank you so much brother, I don't know what I would have done without you." Seoyeon rested her head on his chest while thanking him, making the chief superintendent general (CSG) smiled and hugged her dearly. 

 

"You don't have to thank me, little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter