Chapter (13)

Addicted To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Chapter 13]​​​​​

 

Baekhyun found himself in the middle of nowhere, and afar off was Seoyeon, standing all by herself with sadness written all over her face. She looked lonely and all she did was stare at him.

 

Seeing Seoyeon in such a state threw the CEO off balance. He hurried towards her, but it felt impossible to even get closer to her. It felt as if an invisible barricade was standing as a stumbling block between himself and Seoyeon, hindering him from reaching out to her.

 

"Seoyeon, come to me," Baekhyun said, trying his best to get Seoyeon into his arms, but she slowly looked away with tears in her eyes and she walked into the thick darkness.

 

"No Seoyeon, please come back. Please...." Baekhyun screamed at the top of his voice and just then he blinked his eyes open but shut it closed immediately.

 

Baekhyun tried to blink his eyes open again with great difficulty, and immediately there was an incredible rush of severe pain at the back of his head. He couldn't see a thing, only darkness was all he was met with.

 

His body felt so sore from pain, but the pain he's feeling at the back of his head was no joke. He tried to move his body to a sitting position, but all attempts failed.

 

He laid on the cold floor and shut his eyes, trying to recall what happened and how he ended up in a dark place. It was a bit impossible to recall due to the severe injury on his head.

 

Baekhyun's eyes were still shut when he heard the sound of a door and suddenly the lights were switched on. The brightness of the light gave Baekhyun serious eye pain, but he could bear it since the pains were nothing compared to the pains he's feeling.

He looked around his surroundings and he noticed he was in a room with no window but only boxes and rods.

It took him a while to look down at himself and he saw his shirt covered in blood, and he hissed in annoyance.

 

"Does it hurt?" A familiar female voice asked as she approached the weak man.

 

Baekhyun lifted his head to look at the owner of the voice despite already knowing who the person is. When his heavy eyes finally met with the lady in front of him, Baekhyun shook his head in disappointment.

 

"I should have seen this coming, Jane. I've always known you to be a desperate woman, so I'm not surprised one bit."

 

Baekhyun sounded disappointed and Jane only chuckled before sitting on one of the boxes in front of Baekhyun.

 

"You left me with no choice, my love. Honestly, it wasn't my intention to ambush you and hurt you badly, but I did that for a reason." She leaned closer to him and caressed his cheeks, but the weak man moved away from her touch and looked her in the eye.

 

"And what could be the reason behind hurting me?"

 

"Seoyeon. Seoyeon is the reason behind it all. You know I saw you two together a few times in the mall and that was when I knew that you might have feelings for her. I kept on following your every move then I met a lady who told me that you two live in the same compound and she even helped me with Seoyeon's contact." Jane smiled when she saw how terrified Baekhyun looked when she made mention of Seoyeon.

 

"Leave Seoyeon out of this, it's between you and me. She has done nothing wrong to you, so don't drag her into this crazy mess of yours." 

 

"Oh, I won't drag her into it, but she will have to depart from this world so that I can have you to myself. That woman is completely worthless as it is. She's divorced and can't give you children, she's worthless so she has to die." Jane suddenly looked angry and Baekhyun saw the anger in her eyes.

 

"Please leave Seoyeon out of this, don't hurt her, please." He pleaded, but Jane simply shook her head in disapproval of his request.

 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun, but it's too late. By the way, did Seoyeon ever tell you about her health issues? I'm just curious." She asked and brought out her phone and began to type on the device.


 

Unable to understand Jane's question due to his bleeding head, Baekhyun managed to keep his eyes steady and open and he looked at the woman in front of him with worried eyes.

 

"What health issues are you talking about?" He sounded tense and Jane chuckled. She looked away from her phone and stared at Baekhyun for a while, observing his facial expression and she smirked.

 

"Your lover is suffering from congestive heart failure. The lady helping me told me that she got the sickness after the death of her parents and she treated it, but she didn't complete the treatment due to financial issues. But after I sent her your picture in which you were covered in a pool of blood, I heard that she passed out and her condition is critical because of her heart failure." The woman sighed and caressed Baekhyun's face.

 

"That was the very reason I had you badly injured so that I could use your picture to finish off Seoyeon. So right now she's on the verge of death and I'm not sure she's going to make it." 

 

Baekhyun couldn't believe his ears. He stared at a blank space as he tried to process everything. There were times when Seoyeon would become dizzy after a few work in the office, and most times she would flinch at the sound of anything loud. 

 

All those times Baekhyun thought she was just a very fearful person, he even asked her about it twice and she said it's nothing but just stress.

 

Tears began to roll down his cheeks as everything became so clear to him. He also realized that the dream he had a few minutes ago meant something bad. He couldn't reach out to Seoyeon despite his endless effort.

 

"No. Please let me go, I will do anything you want of me, but please let me go to Seoyeon, she might be dying and I don't want that to happen. Please let go of her." The CEO pleaded with fresh tears trailing down his pale cheeks but Jane stood up and walked away from Baekhyun.

 

"That's the whole point of this. I want her to die, then I will have you all to myself. I'm sorry, but I can't help you." Jane walked away and turned off the light in the room. "I've just contacted my doctor, he will be here soon to treat your injuries." With that being said, Jane walked away and shut the door behind her.

 

At that moment Baekhyun knew that he was going to lose Seoyeon if he didn't act fast. He leaned against the wall behind him and shut his eyes. He's the only one that can save Seoyeon and he has to do that fast.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

The doctors were going in and out of the room, Seoyeon was admitted in. They seem quite tense and sadly Minhee witnessed it all. She had already called Jongin to inform him about Seoyeon's condition so that he could rush down to the Byun's mansion and let Baekhyun know about Seoyeon's condition.

 

She has tried calling Baekhyun countless times, but his line wasn't reachable and it felt so strange. She was still waiting for the doctors when she sighted Jongin and Mrs. Byun rushing over down.

 

"How is Seoyeon condition?" Jinhee looked worried and Minhee shook her head. 

 

"She's in a critical condition. The last word she muttered before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter