Chapter (1)

Addicted To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Chapter 1]

 

Seoyeon brushed the back of her hand over her cheeks, wiping rolling tears off her eyes. She  held her purse thightly, sinking in all the hurtful words and insults being thrown at her face by her former mother-in-law in front of many people in the grocery store.

 

She had the right to speak back, however she decided to remain silent. She could only blame circumstances for crossing paths with this scornful woman .

 

She lowered her head till the middle-aged woman was done venting out on her. The latter and her accompanied pregnant daughter-in-law made a mockery laugh before exiting the mall.

 

Seoyeon got rid of her remaining tears and tried to focus on her shopping list. 

 

She picked up fresh tomatoes, potatoes, chicken, and some needed items. It wasn't of large quantity because she was living alone, a few of each was enough; besides she would have a job interview soon. Hopefully she would only have to eat dinner at home if she got the job.

 

Once done paying, she left the store, trying to ignore the upsetting gossiping customers, eager to go home.


 

Being a divorcee at times because most people would always question the behavior of the woman. They would often blame her for not being able to build a family.

 

They would always criticize about every little thing she did and made fun of her. Women were the only ones to receive all the blame, considered at fault for a failed marriage and it really was awful.

 

That was Lee Seoyeon's experience, a 30 years old independent woman, repudiated two years ago by her husband, Jinwoo, because she couldn't give him a child.

 

Seoyeon had gone through so much pain, humiliation, mockery, shame, and sorrow in her previous marriage for this sole reason...

 

Her mother-in-law had always referred to her as a man and a barren woman. She had gone as far as inviting her friends over to mock her. 

 

Seoyeon, in consequence, had gone through emotional, mental, and physical stress to the extent of becoming drained and clouded with frustration. She had constantly cried both secretly and openly, trying her best to make her marriage work, but Jinwoo hadn't been interested in the marriage anymore.

 

His mother had been fast enough to get a substitute, Seoyeon's cousin, Sana, through her influence, and money. Sana along with her mother had jumped at the offer. Jinwoo had loved the idea and had started having an affair with her.

 

Seoyeon obviously felt betrayed by the action of her own Aunt and cousin's decisions. She had genuinely thought her Aunt was supposed to help and guide her in maintaining her almost ruined home, but instead, she had made the situation worse by letting her daughter Sana go ahead with the proposal.

 

Seoyeon had often walked into her marital home after having a stressful workday and seen Jinwoo having with Sana in their matrimony bed. It had been heartbroken to behold; she had cried and tried to fix things up, but the more she had been trying, the more her marriage had fallen apart.

 

However, Seoyeon had kept on trying, and hoping that someday things would have gotten better, but it hadn't happened. One morning, Jinwoo had been stopping her from going to the office, forcefully dragging her to the court.

 

Seoyeon had already been aware of what it was about because she had overheard Jinwoo telling his mother that he was going to divorce her, but she had never expected that it would happen soon.

 

She had tried to plead with him, had begged him on her knees because Jinwoo had been the only family she had left. Her parents were already dead and her Aunt had been hating her for not signing her late parent's house to her. That was the very reason she had agreed to the relationship between her daughter Sana and Jinwoo.

 

Seoyeon had pleaded to both mother and son, but in the end, she had been forced to sign the divorce papers and had been sent out of the house she had once called her home.

 

Harboring the bitter experience and all she had gone through in the hands of her husband, Seoyeon had decided to shut her heart away from having any feelings for any man. Her kindness, her love, her happiness had disappeared. She had taught herself how to survive alone in a wicked world.

 

She had lost her job after the divorce due to her depressed state, and she had started all over. She had to travel to Paris to stay with a close friend so she had been able to clear her mind and find the courage to begin afresh.

 

It hadn't been an easy start, but she had tried. Her friend had also been very supportive to help her heal her wounds. Seoyeon had decided to attend depressed women healing programs, had many appointments with her friend's doctor, and had gone for different counseling, and with time she had been able to overcome her depression and move on with life.

 

Seoyeon had spent two years in Paris, enjoying the beautiful things life had to offer. After recovering fully, she had decided to return to her homeland to take care of her parent's house and to put it up for rentals since it was spacious. Getting new tenants had also helped her to earn some money.

 

"Good morning Miss Seoyeon, you look so beautiful this morning." Kwansoo, one of the tenants, greeted her as she entered the compound. He leaves alone and has always had an eye for Seoyeon to the extent of making advances at her, but she always turns down attempts. 

 

"Thank you Mr. Kwansoo." She waved and turned towards her direction, simply ending Kwansoo's uprising conversation. She always knew how to prevent unwanted events or conversations and it had helped her a lot.

 

It was the weekend and she had a few things to do before going over to visit her friend, Minhee, the very lady that had been of great help to her during her difficult times back in Paris.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter